Welcome to Hawthorn, Ricky Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to give Ricky props - he's been a very below-the-radar delisted free agent who has done the job and then some for us.

Agreed. Has certainly helped out our lack of outside pace. Very much in the best 22 at the moment.

Been sensational value, plays his role damn well and would echo the sentiments of others in saying he stays in the best 22 unless someone else is playing better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game becomes so easy for Ricky when he just works hard up and down the ground.

The number of times he is helping out in defence, next minute running the wings, then having shots for goal: it's a cliche to say he's playing his role, but that's all he does, and very well too.

Henderson was one of the reasons we really lifted after the bye last year, he did run out of legs in the last fortnight of last year, but has been genuinely good for us

I just want to make an appreciation post to Ricky Henderson. Wow what a start to the year! Ill be honest I didn't see this guy in my best 22 and I had few ahead of him waiting for games as well. But he has been such a presence on the field I'm pleasantly surprised!

Averaging 22 touches, 7 marks, .8 goals, 4 inside 50s and 1.5 rebound 50s

Keep it up Ricky!

Another player who has come to the club and has found career best form.

Has been excellent this year. Love his workrate and the fact he kicks goals.

The fact that we now have Mitchell, O’Meara, Hendo and Smith as midfielders who can kick goals is very pleasing.

Giving young guys games just because it's neat looking at your age profile is such a losers mentality . Just like rebuilding .
Play the guys who deserve it, no matter what age. Leave draft picks and rebuilding for 10 years to mediocre clubs like carltank and the Aints.
Without a club like Hawthorn, guys like Henderson don t get the second chance to prove their worth. Fantastic get.

His stats have almost been as good as Smith, who has been touted at All Australian.

Seems to just be in the right place at the right time, and so often. It can't be luck, it's work rate.

Hope to see him get a contract extension soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back