Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has said he doesn’t have a right to speak? A number of people have disagreed with his opinion. No one has said he’s not allowed to have it.

And as to moving on, he caused the situation, not the people responding to his comments. You may not realise it but you’re arguing he has the right to speak but the people who disagree with him do not. That’s hardly the highly principled position you seem to think it is.
One post stated most players do not criticise their former clubs while they are still playing. The point I was endeavouring to make was they surely free speech gave them the right to do so.
My other comment was expressing my surprise that people would get upset about his comments but I would not in any way suggest they not exercise their right of free speech. I merely thought some may have been more dispassionate as it is now history.

My final comment on this thread is how this trade was a win win for Hawthorn and Collingwood. Our midfield finish 1,2,3,4 in the Crimmins and Mitchell wins a premiership.
If I may expand on your post Dermott:
My final comment on this thread is how this trade was a win / win for Hawthorn and Collingwood. The Hawks midfield finish 1,2,3,4 in the Crimmins medal speaks volumes, and the stats on our midfield often dominating the opposition even more so… put together with Tom Mitchell finding a club that fits his skill set … resulting in him winning a premiership … it was a perfect trade for all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back