News Welcome to Hawthorn Torin Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of video on the official site. Talks a lot about building relationships. He'll be good for developing the kids (which is what he was hired to do). Astute pick up.

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2018-11-09/baker-rolls-in-to-waverley
I like how Clarko is not wedded to you have to play AFL to be a coach at that level. He actually judges individual on how good they are at a role he wants them for.
It would be interesting if someone looked over the last 10 years of assistant/development coaches hires at various clubs to understand which club has the highest proportion of these types.
I would suspect it's the Hawks!

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

I like how Clarko is not wedded to you have to play AFL to be a coach at that level. He actually judges individual on how good they are at a role he wants them for.
It would be interesting if someone looked over the last 10 years of assistant/development coaches hires at various clubs to understand which club has the highest proportion of these types.

Brisbane by a long way

He has played VFL though so he's still played a high standard of footy

He has played VFL though so he's still played a high standard of footy
Agreed - and that’s the connection with Clarkson. Four years as a VFL lister shows he was obviously able to play the game, but it’s what he has done as an educator and a coach in the past 10-15 years which got him the gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back