Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dropped "hopefully" twice which doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Was tired writing for such a short description. With some luck it may not be an indication of their thoughts on whether he'll stay. He's a super exciting prospect, hard to see him not going on to big things as a forward and possibly mid rotation. Will be psyched if he hangs around!

Was tired writing for such a short description. With some luck it may not be an indication of their thoughts on whether he'll stay. He's a super exciting prospect, hard to see him not going on to big things as a forward and possibly mid rotation. Will be psyched if he hangs around!
Same I rate him too on the glimpses he has shown to date.

Certainly a lot of skill and very flashy, but small forwards needs to be very good defensively these days too. Hopefully he wants to stay.

He had some cracking contests and laid some big tackles further up the ground when he was playing last year. Just a really powerful kid masquerading as a flashy, smooth mover.

Took a mark jumping off two feet over a Crows defender that just looked sublime too.

Something very special about him imo – checkout the passing and handballs in the highlights, shows great skills, vision and awareness. Faded in and out of games at times, but it was his first year.

Last edited:
Tyler Brockman: If you read this stuff please know you shouldn’t. Opinions of the masses are for the masses and will only eventually bring you down. Find more constructive feedback.

But if you do … as far as I can tell ALL Hawk supporters can see the player that you could become and know that it is exactly what the Hawks need in their next tilt at a premiership. We all want you to stay.

But if you need to go home fair enough. Whatever you choose I hope to see you doing well on the footy field.

Last edited:
Tyler Brockman: If you read this stuff please know you shouldn’t. Opinions of the masses are for the masses and will only eventually bring you down. Find more constructive feedback.

But if you do … as far as I can tell ALL Hawk supporters can see the player that you could become and know that it is exactly what the Hawks need in their next tilt at a premiership. We all want you to stay.

But if you need to go home fair enough. Whatever you choose I hope to see you doing well on the footy field.
Hopefully the club is working with him and doing everything it can to keep him. I’d be surprised if they’re not.

Anyone have any updates on Tyler?

I'm really hopeful he kicks on for another year with us but I'm less sure now.
I know he has been working with Dardi Munwurro this year and I know a lot of the boys are getting around him in a big way and are keen to keep him in the state.
Massive fan of the lad so I'm hoping the club is also putting a lot of work in, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he has been working with Dardi Munwurro this year and I know a lot of the boys are getting around him in a big way and are keen to keep him in the state.
Massive fan of the lad so I'm hoping the club is also putting a lot of work in, too.
I'm resigned that he will leave, still hasnt signed and there's no doubt a contract offer would've been tabled. Shame, wish the kid the best.

I'm resigned that he will leave, still hasnt signed and there's no doubt a contract offer would've been tabled. Shame, wish the kid the best.
I guess we’re about to find out, hopefully he stays, super talent, has all the attributes to be a star.

Where is Brockman?

Still in Melbourne or back in Perth, I wonder?

Correct. He is one of those players that we should be offering $500k a year for 2 years and get him signed.

Make an offfer to the kid that excites and motivates him.
I'll personally offer him 500k. But they'd have to be lower case k's I can't afford the toner to print capital k's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back