Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MATTAES PHILLIPOU!!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's cocky as all hell.

But you have to love it.

I hope he gets a spot early and just never looks back.

awkward-funny.gif
same ol......so original.....breathe some life into your self man...there must be something....doesn't matter if it don't fit ...got to breathe some life into the corpse!

same ol......so original.....breathe some life into your self man...there must be something....doesn't matter if it don't fit ...got to breathe some life into the corpse!
What do you mean?! I love it. Phillipou Flipper! Reckon that will get massive traction :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to his interview on the AFL pod on the way home from work yesterday, I don't really get the arrogant vibe from him at all. He comes across as intelligent and self-assured, a young guy that loves his teammates and wants to get the most out of himself. Screams leadership to me. To think that if he'd been born a week later he'd be in next years draft is pretty wild.

Can't fathom how he slipped past so many teams.

He speaks very well and seems to be quite an intelligent young man. He didn't seem arrogant at all based on the interviews that I've watched, just self-assured as you have pointed out.

I think it was mostly hysteria based on the comment about him backing himself to be the number one player in the draft. Tsatas said something similar and yet there wasn't a word spoken about it.

Flipper is his Grandfathers nicknanw
Is that for real or just being funny?...If it really was....the kid may love to inherit the same nickname as his Grand father? Just a thought! So much for all the smart ases on here.....Knowing groan then chuckle!
Thanks for that tid bit of his family history.

Last edited:
Is that for real or just being funny?...If it really was....the kid may love to inherit the same nickname as his Grand father? Just a thought! So much for all the smart ases on here.....Knowing groan then chuckle!
Thanks for that tid bit of his family history.
Yep for real His Grandfather Peter is a West Torrens legend.(Hall of Fame)

My draft nuffie mate reckons the dad gives off tennis dad vibes. He was very complimentary on our drafting this year and actually rates Mattaes highly but said the old man looks like the type that will be getting in his ear telling him the coach should be playing him different and causing grief. Now he's said it I can't stop seeing it. He's planted the seed.

My draft nuffie mate reckons the dad gives off tennis dad vibes. He was very complimentary on our drafting this year and actually rates Mattaes highly but said the old man looks like the type that will be getting in his ear telling him the coach should be playing him different and causing grief. Now he's said it I can't stop seeing it. He's planted the seed.
Funny my friend said the same thing about Mattaes. But more that he acts like a tennis player. Lol personally he reminds me of Anthony Edwards in the NBA

He mentioned to Lenny that him and his family were cheering on the Saints in the 2010 Grand Final and he would've only been about 5 years old then.

I'm surprised he remembered the game, I wasn't even watching footy at that age let alone remembering any games.
Every chance he has seen that grand final every year prior to Grand final day in the marathon since.

It is an all time classic.

Shame we will never sit through it until our own demons have been exorcised

Remove this Banner Ad

Back