• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're trying to say just because it was Round #1 the result doesn't count??

Gees--- The West Coast Whingers will really use any excuse when they lose.

If you think that's what I'm saying then I really can't be bothered debating with you. Like seriously? I have to get into an argument about round 1 results? I really have better things to do with my time there kid.

Surprised Melbourne doesn't get more of a mention awful team.

Disagree there, Melbourne are more enigmatic than bad and have been for years.

The Demons could well surge up the ladder back into premiership contention this year. The Melbourne teams of the late 1990s and early 2000s were well known for wild form swings from one year to the next, this Dees team might be similar.

So? What’s your point? If you can’t beat Hawthorn at home at the end of the season, you’re not beating Brisbane away.

It’s not like you became some elite team at the end of the season. Your level of football was consistent throughout 2019.

Oh look, its the WC troll. How longs it been since you posted about WC? 45 minutes?

Why is it always Richmond supporters being flogs?

So do you agree with Coaster2012 that Round 1 results don’t matter??

Maybe the two of you can start a petition to Gil to make sure that 4 points aren’t awarded for it on the ladder.

So do you agree with Coaster2012 that Round 1 results don’t matter??

Maybe the two of you can start a petition to Gil to make sure that 4 points aren’t awarded for it on the ladder.

Nobody said they don't matter but you're an idiot if you think a team playing in round 1 is comparable to round 23.

Seeing that Brisbane flogged West Coast at the Gabba during 2019, I would still put my money on Brisbane to win
I'm not convinced that Brisbane would of done that. round 1 always gets the occasional upset.
During?

You mean at the start. It was round 1.
to be fair round 1 always has its fair share of upsets. You gotta see this as a neutral.

Some teams struggle at 1st half and play their best footy in the 2nd half like Richmond. Other teams have a good 1st half and struggle in the 2nd half like cats in 2019 and Freo in 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody said they don't matter but you're an idiot if you think a team playing in round 1 is comparable to round 23.

Unless I can’t read the AFL Fixture—I’m 99% sure West Coast & Brisbane didn’t face off in Round 23 2019.

The most recent encounter we can use to directly compare the two teams is when they faced off in Round 1.

But apparently that match doesn’t count either:rolleyes:

Unless I can’t read the AFL Fixture—I’m 99% sure West Coast & Brisbane didn’t face off in Round 23 2019.

The most recent encounter we can use to directly compare the two teams is when they faced off in Round 1.

Round 1 is a lot different from Round 23 and virtually meaningless heading into September. It's that simple but it appears you and your fellow yellow and black brethren are, as often is the case, completely unable to view things with even a hint of objectivity. Makes discussion on this board utterly tiresome at best and annoying at worst.

Sure, make the comparison, you can do that. But don't make it THE reason for why WC can't beat Brisbane and expect supporters to agree. Its pretty common knowledge that round 1 is almost an extension of preseason, throwing up wild results. Final sides, especially GF sides, are further behind in their conditioning too.

Did Brisbane turn out to be a good side? Yes. But you got to bring more to the table then, "they beat you in round 1, so they will always beat you."

We all can't play Carlton round 1.

I guess it's my mistake to assume that you couldn't comprehend something so simple.

A team in the first game of the season isn't comparable to its last game of the season, it's idiotic to assume that they'll be the same team they were in the first week that they are in the last week.

Teams tinker, players develop, players regress over the course of a season.

Sure, make the comparison, you can do that. But don't make it THE reason for why WC can't beat Brisbane and expect supporters to agree.

Maybe you can give a reason as to why West Coast could beat Brisbane rather than getting into a petty whinge that Round 1 isn’t “during the season”

Remember— I wasn’t the poster that made the original comment about WC not having a chance. I’m just getting sick of hearing pathetic, half developed excuses as to why the Eagles lose.

If you told me that x,y,z players were missing I’d appreciate the point of view rather than your rant that Round 1 isn’t ‘during’ the season.

Maybe you can give a reason as to why West Coast could beat Brisbane rather than getting into a petty whinge that Round 1 isn’t “during the season”

Remember— I wasn’t the poster that made the original comment about WC not having a chance. I’m just getting sick of hearing pathetic, half developed excuses as to why the Eagles lose.

If you told me that x,y,z players were missing I’d appreciate the point of view rather than your rant that Round 1 isn’t ‘during’ the season.

Why do I need to? I was addressing that posters reasoning as its common knowledge that round 1 isn't reflective of the season. I don't need to do anything else. You're the one that has decided to get all offended by it. If you are getting so sick of WC excuses, perhaps you need a break, because we are getting pretty sick of some Tiger supporters too.

Why do I need to? I was addressing that posters reasoning as its common knowledge that round 1 isn't reflective of the season. I don't need to do anything else. You're the one that has decided to get all offended by it.

You’re the only splitting hairs between Round 1 being the ‘start’ of the season and not during the season.

In Round 1 you still get 4 points.

Anyway— this is getting circular because you just make up a new excuse to change the narrative.

The last time Brisbane & the West Coast Eagles met; the Lions won. the Lions had the better 2019 (see ladder position). Therefore; I would have to agree with the other poster. The Lions would have to be the favourites next time those two teams meet.

Round 1 is a lot different from Round 23 and virtually meaningless heading into September. It's that simple but it appears you and your fellow yellow and black brethren are, as often is the case, completely unable to view things with even a hint of objectivity. Makes discussion on this board utterly tiresome at best and annoying at worst.
Again round 1 always gets the occasional upset. There's still another 21 games to go saying that

You’re the only splitting hairs between Round 1 being the ‘start’ of the season and not during the season.

In Round 1 you still get 4 points.

Anyway— this is getting circular because you just make up a new excuse to change the narrative.

The last time Brisbane & the West Coast Eagles met; the Lions won. the Lions had the better 2019 (see ladder position). Therefore; I would have to agree with the other poster. The Lions would have to be the favourites next time those two teams meet.
Even if it is in Perth?

Based on exposed form, Brisbane are better than WCE. They played better football throughout the year, finished higher on the ladder and comprehensively beat WCE last time they met. It’s likely that Brisbane would’ve touched up WCE again in a final at the GABBA and I’m not sure how a balanced person could argue otherwise.

Based on exposed form, Brisbane are better than WCE. They played better football throughout the year, finished higher on the ladder and comprehensively beat WCE last time they met. It’s likely that Brisbane would’ve touched up WCE again in a final at the GABBA and I’m not sure how a balanced person could argue otherwise.
I'm not even a West coast fans but I think West coast will finish higher than Brisbane. I expect both teams to make the finals.

Back