Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s trolling to say Ward can’t get a game in the one’s? I’m pretty sure that’s a fact chief, cope however you want.
He was in concussion protocols for a month.

Quit being a flog.

Another user inferred that actually.

I’m just getting enjoyment out of Doms tactic of s**t-canning North when the Hawks youth he’s been jabbering about all year has looked just as mediocre.

I'm not a fan of laying the boots into Thomas or North's youth in general - I originally voted for them and still believe there is plenty of young talent there for when the club it out of the deep hole that it currently finds itself.

However, I have no idea how you can say that Hawthorn's youth have looked just as mediocre this season?

How can that possibly be true?

Aside from Sicily, all of Hawthorn's better players this season has been its youth. They've managed to win 4 x as many games as North. Their average losing margin is less than half that of Norths. Hawthorn have beaten top 4 teams, been in front in every game this year and lost multiple games by under a kick. Besides it's solitary win against what was essentially a WAFL side, North have been within 45 points of their opponents only twice this season.

Significant contributors include Mitch Lewis who is equal 1st in goals per game for the entire AFL this season (from very few inside 50's), Newcombe who is one of favourites for the Rising Star, Dylan Moore who has been in contention for the AA squad for much of the season as well as Scrimshaw, Jiath, Day, etc , etc.

How many youth have North had playing at that level?

For an indication, these are the coaches votes for the respective youth (23 and under) - added Collingwood for interests sake:

1. J. Newcombe (Haw) 24
2. P. Lipinski (Coll) 19
3. M. Lewis (Haw) 17
4. C. Jiath (Haw) 16

5. N. Daicos (Coll) 15
6. D. Moore (Haw) 14
7. J. Ginnivan (Coll) 10
8. O. Henry (Coll) 5
9. J. Scrimshaw (Haw) 4, 9. N. Murphy (Coll) 4
11. LDU (Nth) 3, Quaynor (Coll) 3

At least they have the poll.

homer simpson GIF

I'd like to trade for him. Exactly what we need! Clearance machine

Only Mitch Lewis would North accept in a deal i think and that would never happen.

These hypotheticals are a pointless exercise though.

Players very rarely get traded straight up for another player anymore anyway.

Very keen to see how North go under a different, more composed coach next year.

From memory a Norf supporter on here said a similar thing about TT but could be wrong it was a while back, during the summer months when most of the North contributions to this post takes place.
The North cycle, draft player, player finds good form, we rate him and looks a good prospect, he then drops off into obscurity. Repeat.

Also strange to use Norf and North in the same post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The North cycle, draft player, player finds good form, we rate him and looks a good prospect, he then drops off into obscurity. Repeat.

Also strange to use Norf and North in the same post.
Ah bloody spell check always get me ……. having said that good to see North competitive today 👍

LDU absolutely massive today.

Has had a big month. Turning the corner this season.

Caught the North game in the 2's. JHF should never play VFL again. A complete level above.

End the thread, it’s Hawthorn.

Probably, cannot put a price on coaching and player development either, something Hawthorn (much to my chagrin) have excelled at for most of my (I am 42) bar a period between 1995-2004 or so.

Cannot stress enough how important having an stable, professional and well run board and footy department is (something Carlton have only gotten in the last couple of years)

Last edited:
He’s been brilliant today, we just need to keep giving him opportunities

Once he gets his set shots tidied up, he'll be top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back