Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1490390

Mood What GIF by NBC
Any good north players** Newcombe so much better xx

I will not tolerate Daniel Wells slander in this thread.

Not that I agree because I think Newcombe is a star in the making, but why do Hawthorn fans get so upset when Newcombe is compared to Worpel? Both Newc and Worpel were a similar young age when they broke out early in their careers and both play similarly. Both weren't exactly high draft picks either.

Not that I agree because I think Newcombe is a star in the making, but why do Hawthorn fans get so upset when Newcombe is compared to Worpel? Both Newc and Worpel were a similar young age when they broke out early in their careers and both play similarly. Both weren't exactly high draft picks either.
It's the actual ceilings and talents of both players.

Worpel doesn't have Newcombes ability in the air, or deep forward, or his kicking, or his explosive pace.

Worpel's issue has also been just getting too big, his body can't hold that much weight and still be quick enough, which he was at in 2019.

I feel it’s frustration at Worpel going backwards. Worpel’s 2019 was in my eyes slightly better than Dukes 2022. But he regressed on that.

Duke plays differently and should be able to at least hold his level which Worps wasn’t able to do.

It's the actual ceilings and talents of both players.

Worpel doesn't have Newcombes ability in the air, or deep forward, or his kicking, or his explosive pace.

Worpel's issue has also been just getting too big, his body can't hold that much weight and still be quick enough, which he was at in 2019.
Dom, you literally carried on about Worpel being elite in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dom, you literally carried on about Worpel being elite in this thread.
Don't remember that too much, but i do remember in general talking up Worpel after 2019, as most were.

He looked really exciting, he moved really well in traffic and was good by hand, he was strong and tough and was a real leader despite his age, he actually got forward from the midfield (never really rested there) and was hitting the scoreboard.

But he's gotten too big, especially top heavy, he's slowed down and his ability to move in traffic has also gone down, mainly a physical thing and then obviously, if you perform s**t you're gonna feel like it.

I think he'll be back, but again he's not as talented as Newcombe is.

Don't remember that too much, but i do remember in general talking up Worpel after 2019, as most were.

He looked really exciting, he moved really well in traffic and was good by hand, he was strong and tough and was a real leader despite his age, he actually got forward from the midfield (never really rested there) and was hitting the scoreboard.

But he's gotten too big, especially top heavy, he's slowed down and his ability to move in traffic has also gone down, mainly a physical thing and then obviously, if you perform s**t you're gonna feel like it.

I think he'll be back, but again he's not as talented as Newcombe is.
This last off season you were still saying he was elite…

This last off season you were still saying he was elite…
I call everyone elite, don't take it seriously.

It was probably along the lines of
"WORPEDO ELITEO" "Worps is elite idk what you're on"

so on and so forth.

But nah i was pretty confident in him for 2022 tbh, he looked really good in the pre season physically, but he looked completely different in the games against Richmond (Prac game) and eventually start of season.

I think it’s pretty obvious that it’s a comparison made in an attempt to say “Worpel fell in a hole, Newcombe will too”.

Last edited:
View attachment 1493342

Are Sportsbet taking the piss?

North Melbourne $10 to win a final and $12 to make top 4.

Surely those odds should be about $51 and $81.

I like their youth, but come on. Could probably just post this same market for 2024 and 2025.
That’s the clarko effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back