Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn also brought in Meek, Stephens and Amon, on top of 2 first rounders.

I’ll take Hawks ins over Rankine who’s output to date has not matched his potential.
Depends whether you prefer quantity over quality...

Depends whether you prefer quantity over quality...
Rankine would need to start meeting the potential and then some if he’s to be greater than the players Hawthorn brought in without trading away a first rounder.

Rankine would need to start meeting the potential and then some if he’s to be greater than the players Hawthorn brought in without trading away a first rounder.
Lol, funny stuff.

Budding comedian.

Lol, funny stuff.

Budding comedian.
Amon is a star winger mate. Rekon if he came from the Crows you would be playing a different tune. Everyone that comes from Port is overrated isn't that right?. Rankine has had half a good season in his career. Amon has come off back to back consistent seasons. Right now he's the better player and there's no debate about it.

Rankine is turning 23 in a few months ……. he better start doing something soon to warrant his contract length and hefty salary. Overrated in my eyes. Some of the Crows supporters on here are carrying on as if he’s the saviour!

lol 23? in this thread he's near qualifying for a pensioner's discount. Cripes. Seems we can run a line through the Crows and it is down to the Hawks and Roos.

lol 23? in this thread he's near qualifying for a pensioner's discount. Cripes. Seems we can run a line through the Crows and it is down to the Hawks and Roos.
If you think he deserves his contract fine but I reckon a player needs to show more than potential to warrant the contract he is on. Could be wrong so let’s see what he becomes.

Amon is a star winger mate. Rekon if he came from the Crows you would be playing a different tune. Everyone that comes from Port is overrated isn't that right?. Rankine has had half a good season in his career. Amon has come off back to back consistent seasons. Right now he's the better player and there's no debate about it.
Star winger?

He's a decent wingman no doubt, but he's not a gun.

Get back to me when they are the same age as to whom out of Amon & Rankine is the better player.

If you think he deserves his contract fine but I reckon a player needs to show more than potential to warrant the contract he is on. Could be wrong so let’s see what he becomes.

Ok so my whole take on this thread has been with tongue firmly in cheek. The Hawks have had a lot of recent success, I see no issue with them going again aka rebuilding.

The Crows and Roos seem to have not done a heck of a lot for years.

I don't worry myself over players contract values, it though does seem to get air on BF though.

Not sure Stephens has done anything. With Selwood retiring, Danger not far off, doubt they would have let him go if they thought that highly of him.
Essentially gave him away and pick 25 for Henry. Bruhn and Clark expected to both be ahead of him. Maybe Bowes as well.

Lol more spin. You keep ragging on Rankine but keep coming up with excuses for Stephens, whose done * all at afl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf? Try to stay on topic.

Amon will be 28 next year, he shouldn’t be part the discussion at all.

If you to talk about the whole, and the mature talent brought in then you should talk about the mature players going out.
I think the loss of Mitchell, o’meara, & Gunston outweighs the gain of Amon

Star winger?

He's a decent wingman no doubt, but he's not a gun.

Get back to me when they are the same age as to whom out of Amon & Rankine is the better player.
So you’re literally in here arguing that Rankine is better then a sum of players while the same time saying Amon isn’t really a star wing, despite him being elite in the position?

You can stop calling others comedians if you’re going to post trash like this.

So you’re literally in here arguing that Rankine is better then a sum of players while the same time saying Amon isn’t really a star wing, despite him being elite in the position?

You can stop calling others comedians if you’re going to post trash like this.
You're the one posting biased diatribe.

Lol more spin. You keep ragging on Rankine but keep coming up with excuses for Stephens, whose done * all at afl level.
What club has he come from?. Rankine has more exposed form because GC has been terrible. Stephens has come from the best system in the league. 1st real pre season this year and he managed 8 games in a great side. Is he a world beater? No don't think anybody is saying that but nobody can say his average either when there isn't enough evidence to suggest it. You guys have put a fair amount of pressure on Rankine like he is the 2nd coming when ATM he is an unfufilled talent.

No, I’m posting facts.

Rankine is a talent that’s not yet reached his potential, so any suggestion that his recruitment is better than another side gaining 3 players is truly biased hogwash at this point.

Similarly, anyone who doesn’t think Amon is a star wingman has been asleep for the last 2 seasons.

Mate your the delusional one. You seem to think all your players are guns. I particular your young players. How did they go when we smashed them in the 1st half when we played this year. They looked bloody ordinary watching from the stands. Worst midfield in the league made yours look 2nd rate so what's that tell you?. Keeping a lid on your own expectations for your club would be the sensible move.

Mate your the delusional one. You seem to think all your players are guns. I particular your young players. How did they go when we smashed them in the 1st half when we played this year. They looked bloody ordinary watching from the stands. Worst midfield in the league made yours look 2nd rate so what's that tell you?. Keeping a lid on your own expectations for your club would be the sensible move.
Where have I posted all our players are guns.

Show me the post as it's a complete lie & poor form.

Is this your usual diversionary tactic?

No, I’m posting facts.

Rankine is a talent that’s not yet reached his potential, so any suggestion that his recruitment is better than another side gaining 3 players is truly biased hogwash at this point.

Similarly, anyone who doesn’t think Amon is a star wingman has been asleep for the last 2 seasons.
No, you are posting opinions... not facts!

Suggest you learn the difference....

Not sure Stephens has done anything. With Selwood retiring, Danger not far off, doubt they would have let him go if they thought that highly of him.
Essentially gave him away and pick 25 for Henry. Bruhn and Clark expected to both be ahead of him. Maybe Bowes as well.
Are you forgetting that he was part of a three way trade, and as a consequence he was the collateral required to please Hawthorn. It made complete sense for Stephens to be targeted by Hawthorn, with the players that Geelong were bringing in, and with them holding Pick 7 in a draft full of mids.

It’s pretty easy to suggest “they didn’t want him, he must be no good”, but I bet you won’t be doing that with Tom Mitchell.

Have a lie down mate.

It’s hawks fans who pumping up all their players, and pretending they’ve had some sort of world beater off-season.
Massive levels of projection here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back