Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TT has heaps of talent, big fan.

However Lewis is just as much, elite contested mark, big and strong, explosive on the lead, great leap, clean below his knees, great kick for goal (set shot and in general play) and a very good field kick. On top of that he’s a leader and genuine captaincy level leader, with a great footy iq.

The only thing holding Lewis back is his body.

North
Adelaide
Hawthorn

and then there was 2.

I mean surely we wiped North's name off the board last week.

Congrats to the Crows for being the best of the shittest. May you breathe free air when you escape this hellhole of a thread.

When do we welcome the Eagles?

Will Day is going to be a star.

That 2019 superdraft is really delivering on all the promise so far.

Hawthorn will cop a few more beltings over the course of the season but they are going to be fine, they have more then enough pieces to work with. Comfortably the youngest and least experienced of the 3 teams too, and a lot of their youth carry the heaviest of responsibilities. They could still quite easily finish above us and Adelaide this year IMO. Lets face it: we are all in this together. Potentially 3 of the bottom 4 teams.

WCE are more advanced than the Hawks. And their training facility isn’t a tip.

Wouldn't have thought so.

Eagles still got several mature and premiership players on their list, although quite frankly Jack Darling hurts them on field more than helps them.

The worst is yet to come for Eagles fans, a lot worse.

This is definitely Hawthorn's bottoming out year/period though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn looking extremely reminiscent of 2021 North rn, competitive until the half and then evaporated and couldn't rally. Could do better than we did assuming Mitchell is a better coach than Noble (which I think he definitely is) but he'd want to have assurances that he's backed in long term. Hard for any coach to survive the deep dark period of the rebuild.

Anyway, it's not wrong that Hawthorn have a lot of exciting young players and they'll probably be ok in a few years, if this keeps up you might understand why North remained bullish on guys like Simpkin, Larkey, LDU, Zurhaar etc even when we couldn't find a win anywhere.

Hawthorn will cop a few more beltings over the course of the season but they are going to be fine, they have more then enough pieces to work with. Comfortably the youngest and least experienced of the 3 teams too, and a lot of their youth carry the heaviest of responsibilities. They could still quite easily finish above us and Adelaide this year IMO. Lets face it: we are all in this together. Potentially 3 of the bottom 4 teams.
Speak for yourself bro. Crows are absolutely not finishing below Hawthorn and we won’t be bottom 4

Will Day is going to be a star.

That 2019 superdraft is really delivering on all the promise so far.
Will are sure you don't want to change your mind & come home...

Lol, no chance Hawks finish above us this year.

If this thread is simply trying to find a light among the worst clubs, Adelaide shouldn't be on this list. They are a good team going places.
Maybe West Coast needs to replace them?

Wouldn't have thought so.

Eagles still got several mature and premiership players on their list, although quite frankly Jack Darling hurts them on field more than helps them.

The worst is yet to come for Eagles fans, a lot worse.

This is definitely Hawthorn's bottoming out year/period though.

No chance the Eagles cut their list as deep as the Hawks and they will always attract WA talent home. They draft well no matter the selection.

Hawthorn are unfortunately in a tier of their own, due to their own arrogance.

I mean surely we wiped North's name off the board last week.

Congrats to the Crows for being the best of the shittest. May you breathe free air when you escape this hellhole of a thread.

When do we welcome the Eagles?

The key was believing in our youth and recruiting top tier players. Enjoy hell. Peace.

I am a tad surprised at how much Hawks are struggling, that said. I thought it would be an Adelaide '22 like season coming up.

If this thread is simply trying to find a light among the worst clubs, Adelaide shouldn't be on this list. They are a good team going places.
Maybe West Coast needs to replace them?

This was started in 2021 I think, so yeah, looking for small glimmers of hope among the wreckage was Adelaides M.O. then.

We are no chance at finishing above Adelaide..they will be pushing for a spot in the 8. We are a lock for bottom 2 with the eagles.

Adelaide have something that we don’t..a quality forward line..Darcy Fogarty has barely played this season and is their best key forward. Put him with Thilthorp, Tex, Rankine, Rachele and Pedlar and that’s one of the best forward lines in the comp. Even if their midfield is considered “weak”, they just have to break even most weeks to be a chance at winning as their forward line will give them enough chances to kick a winning score.

Our supporters can rant and rave all they like about us being number 1 for clearances but it’s irrelevant when there is no one to kick the ball to or to take a mark. They ball just repels back, often for a scoring shot. Said it for years- we have the worst key position depth in the AFL.

Hopefully once mitch Lewis returns we can improve but he will be double teamed most weeks as we don’t have a number 2 key forward to help. Jacob Koschitzke won’t make it and is currently our number 2 key forward and he’s struggling at VFL level. We have Max Ramsden who looks like a quality prospect but isn’t ready. There is no one else!!

Adelaide won't be bottom 4.

I want ti eject us from this thread after that pitiful display in the second half.

However I will also rieterate
  • omeara also struggling
  • dan howe or liam shiels would not have made a difference
  • tom mitchell also would not have if you actually paid attention to how he was playing for us in 2022 (demanding ball in wrong positions, poor quality disposals, turnovers)

I want ti eject us from this thread after that pitiful display in the second half.

However I will also rieterate
  • omeara also struggling
  • dan howe or liam shiels would not have made a difference
  • tom mitchell also would not have if you actually paid attention to how he was playing for us in 2022 (demanding ball in wrong positions, poor quality disposals, turnovers)
No need to eject. You had a good win last week and had a very good first half, before Geelong clicked up a few gears. Geelong would have flogged most teams based on that second half.

As a developing team, you’ve got to take the wins where you can get them. Plenty to like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back