Bumped Who DON'T you want? (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne NOT to draft Luke Jackson at 3.

Ruckmen are not that important, and Melbourne already has a top ruck, plus a competent backup in Preuss.

Would be a ridiculous pick. Will not be re-signing membership if Dees pick Jackson, will get a GWS membership instead.
This post has aged well

This post has aged well
How about this one?

"Really want Brayshaw and McCartin. I'd be very disappointed if the saints take McCartin and we get Petracca instead ... I'd be devastated if we overlook McCartin and take Lever instead ... I'd be downright suicidal if Petracca was available and we took him over Brayshaw, (the Toumpas over Wines situation all over again), and then took Lever with the other pick."

How about this one?

"Really want Brayshaw and McCartin. I'd be very disappointed if the saints take McCartin and we get Petracca instead ... I'd be devastated if we overlook McCartin and take Lever instead ... I'd be downright suicidal if Petracca was available and we took him over Brayshaw, (the Toumpas over Wines situation all over again), and then took Lever with the other pick."

Such a short post, yet so many faux pars - incredible :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I'm still kinda baffled with us being linked to Jackson at 3. Unless he can have instant impact up forward alongside T-Mac & Weid.

Would prefer Young at 3, seems the smartest idea.

Also as others have mentioned ~10-12 is probably too high for a Weightman/Serong/Pickett type even though it is a type of player we need. So I wouldn't be surprised if we split 10 into 2 picks in the teens through someone like Geelong/Port. Then grab one of the aforementioned smalls and a Kemp type.

Looking back on this I'm very happy with the Jackson & Pickett selections and here's hoping Jason Taylor and Tim Lamb can keep unearthing gems!

Ruckmen are not that important, and Melbourne already has a top ruck, plus a competent backup in Preuss.

Would be a ridiculous pick. Will not be re-signing membership if Dees pick Jackson, will get a GWS membership instead.
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

What's the point we will both forget in 2 months about this post. For the record Finn will play loads more as the hawks will bottom out badly imo..

Happy to bet 20 bucks to your charity of choice that marto will have more top 10 bnf finishes then Finn...

Finn like mcasey are so over rated.
Martyns a lock for a top 10 finish in the efl next year
why laugh if you think Will Martyn will be a good player? pull that trigger baby, put your money where your mouth is.
What charity you got in mind davo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong. If we pick him with Stephens still on the board I will lose my s**t. Looks like most Carlton fans feel the same way.

Also this.

This was such a bad call that I've abstained from draft talk ever since. It turns out basing your opinion on short highlights vids and literally nothing else isn't a method for success

Where are the pre 2019 threads?
If you search the main draft/trade board it should also search the sub-boards as well. They all come up, though most were on the main draft/trade board (they now all are as I just moved them). Looks like there wasn't one in 17 or 18, but 12 13 and 16 are all there.

Will be a better player then Finn bookmark it.
then i truly hope Port Adelaide pick him up.
why laugh if you think Will Martyn will be a good player? pull that trigger baby, put your money where your mouth is.
What's the point we will both forget in 2 months about this post. For the record Finn will play loads more as the hawks will bottom out badly imo..

Happy to bet 20 bucks to your charity of choice that marto will have more top 10 bnf finishes then Finn...

Did you guys shake? Martyn has been delisted and Finn just finished top 10.....
Good chance Martyn doesn’t get drafted.
If only
Serong. If we pick him with Stephens still on the board I will lose my s**t. Looks like most Carlton fans feel the same way.

Also this.
:think:

Did you get that GWS membership?

You've had a dead set mare champ

Crow fan didn't want McAsey, as didn't many others.... Big tick.

Melbourne fan not wanting Jackson.... Awkward.

Bergman and Weightman copping some flack...

With either Robertson or Stephens on the board and we pick Serong I'll probably completely lose faith. Even if Young and Serong are good mates in real life designed to aid retention that's just a hilariously poor decision.
Ha! I love how wrong I was on this :D

I think this may have been the last time I posted in here as well, for good reason it seems as I know f*** all when it comes to draft age recruitment :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Crow fan didn't want McAsey, as didn't many others.... Big tick.

Melbourne fan not wanting Jackson.... Awkward.

Bergman and Weightman copping some flack...
Harsh - Weightman has hurt his own reputation a bit with what he does on field, but 65 goals from the first 40 games of a small forward is not a horrible return by any means.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back