Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

From memory you were not locked into the number 1 spot when you played us in Round 20 last year. That's not a dead rubber in my book.

From memory you were not locked into the number 1 spot when you played us in Round 20 last year. That's not a dead rubber in my book.
If your team ever gets any experience at the top end of the ladder and how the finals system works, you'll learn there's no material difference between finishing first or second at the end of the home and away season.

If your team ever gets any experience at the top end of the ladder and how the finals system works, you'll learn there's no material difference between finishing first or second at the end of the home and away season.
Weren't locked into a top 2 spot either. Could have still fallen below the Lions in 3rd I believe.

I'm sure our guys were trying to win

But elite teams have another level and you don't waste that on dead rubbers

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After beating Port in Rd19 we had all but sewn up two home finals, we were 3 wins and a big % clear of 3rd and 6 wins ahead of 5th. The double chance was locked in.

Pies finished 1 game and % clear as the minor premier despite losing 3 of our last 5 games.

When you have locked top4 in and are 3 games and % clear of 3rd with 5 games left you go into preservation mode, winning or losing doesnt matter, are just waiting for finals.

hopefully it doesn't finish the same as last years rematch, that was so heartbreaking for me because we only won by under a goal. I actually felt the whole Carlton football clubs heart break at the same time,l it was terrible

Try again!

Team
Q1​
Q2​
Q3​
Q4​
Final​
Collingwood
3.4​
4.6​
6.11​
10.16​
76​
Carlton
3.4​
7.5​
10.6​
14.9​
93​

I assume by "that free" you are talking about Neale being tripped, and it was paid...one of the 22 the Lions received on the day to the Pies 16.

The umpires also gave the Lions advantage to get it into their F50 quickly before Pie numbers got back.

If they don't award advantage, and instead eventually stop play and reset to bring the ball back to Neale it would have given Pies the opportunity to flood back.

So it becomes a re-start with Neale 70m out and Collingwood with all 18 players back in D50.

Pretty simple scenario again for Pies to just kill the ball and then win stoppage to retain the footy like we did anyway.

Pies dominated the game, was just poor conversion that almost let the game slip.
Haha - a window into your mind has opened :)

I didn’t have any one free kick in mind - just wanted to highlight how stupid it is to say one free kick is the difference.

Thanks for this example though - no doubt it’ll be filed away.

After beating Port in Rd19 we had all but sewn up two home finals, we were 3 wins and a big % clear of 3rd and 6 wins ahead of 5th. The double chance was locked in.

Pies finished 1 game and % clear as the minor premier despite losing 3 of our last 5 games.

When you have locked top4 in and are 3 games and % clear of 3rd with 5 games left you go into preservation mode, winning or losing doesnt matter, are just waiting for finals.
You were 6% ahead of 3rd (Lions) at the end of Round 19. You ended up dropping 9% the rest of the season so could gave easily dropped into 3rd without some wins.

You were 6% ahead of 3rd (Lions) at the end of Round 19. You ended up dropping 9% the rest of the season so could gave easily dropped into 3rd without some wins.
I think we needed to win 1 of the last 5 to guarantee top 2, hardly tightrope stuff

Dominant season by the Pies and we're clicking into that groove again, fan base is up and about

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We were THREE wins and % ahead of 3rd.
We were SIX wins and % ahead of 5th.

Top 4 was locked in, top2 all but assured with 5 games to go.

We finished 1 win and 15% ahead of 3rd, despite dropping 3 of our last 5 games which were dead rubbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t have any one free kick in mind - just wanted to highlight how stupid it is to say one free kick is the difference.
Good to know you think anybody posting about one free kick making a difference is stupid.

Let this poster know how stupid they are 😜

Lollingwood would have lost the GF if “that free” was paid - highly overrated team still being put up as flag contenders - rediculous.

LoL

We finished 1 win and 15% ahead of 3rd, despite dropping 3 of our last 5 games which were dead rubbers.
"All but assured" maybe but not locked in which was my original point.

Try again!

Team
Q1​
Q2​
Q3​
Q4​
Final​
Collingwood
3.4​
4.6​
6.11​
10.16​
76​
Carlton
3.4​
7.5​
10.6​
14.9​

no wonder he's stuck on 99, could be there forever with that line of thinking.

Back