Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Only minnow club supporters get excited about the ladder in March, April or May.

Pies have loftier ambitions that involve September and a top4 finish.
Not sure many Carlton supporters were getting excited about being 7th before this round. 100% correct the ladder means nothing at this point in the season - just gotta worry about your own team. Ladder only becomes really relevant after the byes when every team has roughly played each other once.

Not sure many Carlton supporters were getting excited about being 7th before this round. 100% correct the ladder means nothing at this point in the season - just gotta worry about your own team. Ladder only becomes really relevant after the byes when every team has roughly played each other once.
Yeah, Carlton already hitting the slides.

Baggers couldnt keep it in their pants even back in March, a 4-0 start and the lame Juan gags...happier times for the Baggers.

Don't stress, I'm expecting the same from you guys today if we lose. We did have fun last night though

Baggers couldnt keep it in their pants even back in March, a 4-0 start and the lame Juan gags...happier times for the Baggers.
That's banter mate - this is a thread about Collingwood V Carlton. If you win today I expect similar posts about you being ahead on the ladder.

Actually it was the opposite imo - he tried to be too cute with the pass in the corridor instead of going longer to the Curnow/Moore match-up closer to the pocket. Regardless one mistake doesn't change the fact that Harry had a a very strong game and has been great all season. Would have him in the AA team currently.

I enjoyed watching him kicking for goal from the goal square last night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed watching him kicking for goal from the goal square last night
I still maintain it should have been a shot from the goal line but yes he should convert that. Still his accuracy this year has been terrific (23.10). So you take the odd error with all of the good he brings.

This should've been kept for after you win today mate, may have gone early.

I still maintain it should have been a shot from the goal line but yes he should convert that. Still his accuracy this year has been terrific (23.10). So you take the odd error with all of the good he brings.
McKay is having a good year but after an amazing start I'm now wondering if his season is being overrated a little.

2.8 goals/assists a game in a forward line that really only kicks it to two players. 14 disposals a game and 4 goal assists for the season as a CHF. His goal kicking has improved (mostly).

But as a comparison, Jeremy Cameron (likely not AA at this stage) is going at 3.2 goals/assists a game. 18 disposals a game and 9 goal assists for the season, having played a game less and having his KPF team mate veer into cooked territory. He's just been a little more erratic in front of goal.

I realise I'll be told off for not mentioning a Collingwood player, this is merely speculation on exactly how elite McKay has been

McKay is having a good year but after an amazing start I'm now wondering if his season is being overrated a little.

2.8 goals/assists a game in a forward line that really only kicks it to two players. 14 disposals a game and 4 goal assists for the season as a CHF. His goal kicking has improved (mostly).

But as a comparison, Jeremy Cameron (likely not AA at this stage) is going at 3.2 goals/assists a game. 18 disposals a game and 9 goal assists for the season, having played a game less and having his KPF team mate veer into cooked territory. He's just been a little more erratic in front of goal.

I realise I'll be told off for not mentioning a Collingwood player, this is merely speculation on exactly how elite McKay has been
I would JC over harry every day of the week. Best FF in the comp. JC is a whole lot more than harry, his field kicking is almost surgeon like. Harry is pretty much a mark and kick player

He's been terrific for Carlton this year - not sure why him not being better than Jeremy Cameron who is a top 10 player in the comp really matters.

He's been terrific for Carlton this year - not sure why him not being better than Jeremy Cameron who is a top 10 player in the comp really matters.
Cameron dropped off himself after the Carlton game and then missed one. He's more like top 30ish in the comp on output this season. McKay is a step below that and probably more along the Waterman/Naughton level so far.

I find it rather odd for a disposal-prolific CHF that has prime Curnow to kick to have only 4 goal assists after 10 games, that's all. He gets a lot of the ball 80m or so out. Who is he kicking to?

Back