Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not me. I'm used to watching our side win with or without some top players. Even if we lose I'll be on this thread and admit defeat without excuses. You guys didn't even have the courage to come on this thread after you lost last week. It's this type of thinking that resonates through our whole club and that's what keeps us winning. I am actually very confident we'll win but not so confident you'll beat GC. You picked the wrong club for excuses, listen to Flys press conferences after we lose and you see for yourself
There have been plenty of Carlton supporters here when we lose and when we win. So I don't agree with that part.

I also just have never agreed with this idea that discussing injuries, opposition difficulty etc are excuses. They are just facts - I really don't understand why it offends so many people and they try and minimise the impact of them. Are they ever the sole reason for a loss - of course not and I have not seen any poster say otherwise. But discussing them in general on a footy forum should not be controversial and met with so much resistance.

Btw Carlton are 6-4

Therefore 60% of games we’ve won so far, any other year you’d be in the 8 probably with a game or two up your sleeve

There is plenty of time to make an epic run before winning 9 on the trot to storm into the finals 😉
A repeat of 2023 for both clubs would be amazing

lol, Carlton supporters were up and about early on in this thread . . . gone very quiet as of late.
Nah, we are always around

already enough threads on Carlton mate.

And I bet you have contributed the same rhetoric in each and everyone of those threads

So you are happy to rebut the arguments the Blues are at risk of finishing bottom 6.

Personally I am confident the Blues will stay mid table and maybe finish a respectable 11th. I reckon Vossy takes the list pruning sheers. A lot of sos dud trades will be delisted or traded.

They really need to fix their development. Take Ollie Hollands as an example. He had a terrific and underrated first season. He is now barely recognisable.

I wonder if the Blues are interested in moving up the draft table. This would require selling one or two A graders. Am certain they might find interest from nmfc or the Tigers. Imagine what a sensation Cripps would be at Arden St.

IMG_0670.jpeg

Mad Salt GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

I don’t understand where this shorter quarters idea is coming from. We tried it in 2020 and it was terrible. Where is this idea coming from?

If for TV purposes they want shorter games then reduce quarter and half time breaks and tell the umpires to throw the ball up/in immediately rather than waiting for the nominated rucks to be ready.
it's because there's "more injuries" but it's barely different from usual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly. Being salty is not the way of my people. I rarely go bonkers about our wins and invariably acknowledge the Oppo when they defeat the Bloods.

I know similarly minded Blues folk this Century are just exhausted from repeat doffing their caps at victorious Oppo.

Happy Bird GIF
The tension is building early this week. What happens if we both lose.

Well I will be chortling.

Suspect the Bloods so far might be the only team that flogged both the Pies and the Blues. Bloods fans are therefore well placed to comment on the relative strengths of both these teams. Reckon the Pies were underdone when beat them in Round1, whereas it is difficult to expect the Blues could play better than they did on Friday.

(Of course we also have beaten GoCo, Dees, Freo, Giants etc.

nmfc hate us for losing to the Tigers which almost makes up for the loss.)

Just saw Marc Pittonet on abc news breakfast. You can barely hear his French accent anymore. Amazing that he has picked up the language so quickly.

We literally did short games with COVID and people hated it. Is there an outbreak of amnesia in the footy industry or something?

On one of the footy shows they showed that compared to last year the pies are struggling to run out quarters and games. So probably due to that.

Interesting that the stars at Carlton are what makes them relevant, its the depth and role players at Collingwood that makes them good
Fringe players like Daicos, De Goey, and Pendlebury exemplified system over stars when they combined to retake the lead in last year's grand final. Might as well have been Frampton doing spinning Lebonese half turn heel handballs to Mason Cox 50 out setting him up for a premiership winning goal.

Well I will be chortling.

Suspect the Bloods so far might be the only team that flogged both the Pies and the Blues. Bloods fans are therefore well placed to comment on the relative strengths of both these teams. Reckon the Pies were underdone when beat them in Round1, whereas it is difficult to expect the Blues could play better than they did on Friday.

(Of course we also have beaten GoCo, Dees, Freo, Giants etc.

nmfc hate us for losing to the Tigers which almost makes up for the loss.)

Interesting that the stars at Carlton are what makes them relevant, its the depth and role players at Collingwood that makes them good

There is some real arse kissing going on in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back