Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Wooosh, did not expect that. Congrats to the kid, amazing story over just 100 days. Wonder what that means for Krueger, is he done and dusted, do they want more run, or, do they want to see a few more games in the VFL - they may think that there have already been so many injuries in games that its just not worth the risk.

The new faces still available: Will Parker, Allan, Sullivan, Harvey and Fin, all fast and mobile, Sullivan less fast but looks like he run all day.

If Mihocek is to play it will leave another out.

Our forward line without Mihocek looking like full on midget. Given Mcreery, is playing, and the 2 debutants, replace DeGoey, Reef and WHE, out. Looks like no talls forward except for maybe Cox. I am forgetting somebody?

Wooosh, did not expect that. Congrats to the kid, amazing story over just 100 days. Wonder what that means for Krueger, is he done and dusted, do they want more run, or, do they want to see a few more games in the VFL - they may think that there have already been so many injuries in games that its just not worth the risk.

The new faces still available: Will Parker, Allan, Sullivan, Harvey and Fin, all fast and mobile, Sullivan less fast but looks like he run all day.

If Mihocek is to play it will leave another out.

Our forward line without Mihocek looking like full on midget. Given Mcreery, is playing, and the 2 debutants, replace DeGoey, Reef and WHE, out. Looks like no talls forward except for maybe Cox. I am forgetting somebody?
Teams haven’t been selected yet have they? I’m assuming another tall will play, be that Kreuger or Mihocek. It’s only Tuesday and just the debutants have been announced, one almost certain to be sub (Parker).

Wouldn’t shock me if Markov went out tbh. Or macrae but that would be a bit harsh. EDIT… or Richards

Last edited:
So Parker was a ‘Covid era player’ who chose cricket because footy league was cancelled.

It seems he was tracking to be a first round selection in the Naicos draft. Is that correct?

Is it possible we may have picked up a first rounder that many of us have lamented not having.

He was touted as having elite kicking skills and a great reader of the play.

We may have stolen one here :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So Parker was a ‘Covid era player’ who chose cricket because footy league was cancelled.

It seems he was tracking to be a first round selection in the Naicos draft. Is that correct?

Is it possible we may have picked up a first rounder that many of us have lamented not having.

He was touted as having elite kicking skills and a great reader of the play.

We may have stolen one here :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Alongside Richards who was injured in his draft year then spent two years in the covid wilderness. Time will tell if Collingwood is the beneficiary of some canny post Covid recruitment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The really exciting thing about this news if that if there are any more injuries (please no) then I’ll be close to my own debut for Collingwood.

Skills and fitness wise I’m probably somewhere between Maggie the mascot and that member with the face tatts who got suspended the other week. But as Fly says, if someone goes down, then somebody else needs to stand up, and if it comes my turn I’ll be ready.

The really exciting thing about this news if that if there are any more injuries (please no) then I’ll be close to my own debut for Collingwood.

Skills and fitness wise I’m probably somewhere between Maggie the mascot and that member with the face tatts who got suspended the other week. But as Fly says, if someone goes down, then somebody else needs to stand up, and if it comes my turn I’ll be ready.
Especially if Pendles suddenly leaves.

Averaged 17 disposals as a bottom age defender in the 2019 Coates league before having 23 disposals and 8 rebound fifties in the prelim. 11 rebound fifties in the grand final against Rowell and co (can't find disposals).

Hadn't seen him play before he joined us but you could tell just from training footage of his first week that he was a good runner who could read the play and just glides across the turf like Nick Daicos. Looks a neat, effortless kick.

That said despite his promising VFL debut I don't think even Wil would've seen this coming. Unbelievable.

Half expecting him to be the sub but good luck to him.

I still don’t think we’ve replaced Nick Daicos’ impact off half back yet, hoping Wil Parker shows off his skills in that role
You can't replace Nick Daicos's impat off half back, unless you play Nick Daicos there and then who's going to replace his impact in the midfield.

Hopefully the kid steps up, looking forward to seeing Parker and Allan.
I’ve learned over the years the VFL form is super deceiving in the fact you go from crappier grounds, quite often super windy and with inferior standards of play to pristine ovals , no wind, and elite players who bring you into the game and basically coach you through the game .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back