Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't replace Nick Daicos's impat off half back, unless you play Nick Daicos there and then who's going to replace his impact in the midfield.

You can’t replace Nick Daicos.

PC5zjh.gif

So Parker was a ‘Covid era player’ who chose cricket because footy league was cancelled.

It seems he was tracking to be a first round selection in the Naicos draft. Is that correct?

Is it possible we may have picked up a first rounder that many of us have lamented not having.

He was touted as having elite kicking skills and a great reader of the play.

We may have stolen one here :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The internet says Wil last played footy in 2019. So he may have opted for cricket just before Covid struck.

But the internet is not always right.🙃

So Parker was a ‘Covid era player’ who chose cricket because footy league was cancelled.

It seems he was tracking to be a first round selection in the Naicos draft. Is that correct?

Is it possible we may have picked up a first rounder that many of us have lamented not having.

He was touted as having elite kicking skills and a great reader of the play.

We may have stolen one here :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He was part of the Fin, Reef, Chuggy draft. Certainly a steal from a draft that’s has already netted two premiership Pies.

Didn't the whole of 2020 season get scrapped in Vic?
Yeah, which made him chose cricket, when cricket vic offered him a contract, and in contrast -- with the 2020 footy season cancelled, he wouldn't had any opportunity to develop and show what he could do.

He did the right thing at the time really.

Yeah, which made him chose cricket, when cricket vic offered him a contract, and in contrast -- with the 2020 footy season cancelled, he wouldn't had any opportunity to develop and show what he could do.

He did the right thing at the time really.

Plus he had already played first class cricket for Victoria before Covid.

Plus he had already played first class cricket for Victoria before Covid.
Yeah. Pre covid he was juggling cricket and footy, his pre-seasons was split, so he could never do a full footy season as he was doing cricket too. Then covid hit and no footy so it was pretty much taken from his hands as an easy decision.

Was a decent leggie but I guess you can’t make a living in cricket by being “decent” in footy there’s more spots available and even the “role players” get a good wage.
Had his crack at cricket, played first class and BBL now an AFL player, id say he’s a pretty good sportsman.
Can’t comment on his game but obviously a small running defender. Apart from leggy and JFN we don’t have many. Bruzzy is a mid sized who plays both tall and small.

Good luck to him, I go in with no expectations but hope he does well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Averaged 17 disposals as a bottom age defender in the 2019 Coates league before having 23 disposals and 8 rebound fifties in the prelim. 11 rebound fifties in the grand final against Rowell and co (can't find disposals).

Hadn't seen him play before he joined us but you could tell just from training footage of his first week that he was a good runner who could read the play and just glides across the turf like Nick Daicos. Looks a neat, effortless kick.

That said despite his promising VFL debut I don't think even Wil would've seen this coming. Unbelievable.

Half expecting him to be the sub but good luck to him.

Yeah. Pre covid he was juggling cricket and footy, his pre-seasons was split, so he could never do a full footy season as he was doing cricket too. Then covid hit and no footy so it was pretty much taken from his hands as an easy decision.

Thank God he didn’t sign a juggling contract or we might not have gotten access to him. Natural sportsman!

I wondered at first if he’s like Jayden Short.
Whilst I haven’t seen much of him, maybe he’s a bit more like Joel Smith, (originally St Kilda, then Hawthorn)?
I’d be happy if that was the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back