• No, but they will play in the Grand Final

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • No, they will bow out against Adelaide this weekend

Votes: 56 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you missed the fact that GWS were missing 10 of their best 22. See and believe what you want - I have the luxury of not crying this September - something that you will surely not avoid

Yeah you're clearly doing all your sooking and whinging now!

And you missed the fact that GWS were missing 10 of their best 22. See and believe what you want - I have the luxury of not crying this September - something that you will surely not avoid

Yeah.... missing finals and being a laughing stock of a club is so much better than finishing top 4 and having a shot at the flag :/
Only a pies supporter would be happy with that...

Yeah.... missing finals and being a laughing stock of a club is so much better than finishing top 4 and having a shot at the flag :/
Only a pies supporter would be happy with that...
On the contrary to nake finals and make up numbers is a well worn road that frankly is the most frustrating place to be. The wheel turns. It always does. The cats believe they have a chance. Good luck to them. Personally, I think they're much like the Collingwood teams of the late 70s- needing everything to go right for them. Maybe it will but realistically they're one injury away from catastrophe. Good luck-you'll need it. Time will tell. Either way I won't be losing any sleep over it. Thete is aworld north of Lara

On the contrary to nake finals and make up numbers is a well worn road that frankly is the most frustrating place to be. The wheel turns. It always does. The cats believe they have a chance. Good luck to them. Personally, I think they're much like the Collingwood teams of the late 70s- needing everything to go right for them. Maybe it will but realistically they're one injury away from catastrophe. Good luck-you'll need it. Time will tell. Either way I won't be losing any sleep over it. Thete is aworld north of Lara

Your activity in this thread shows you clearly are worried about it.

This year after 17 rounds, Geelong have had 5 games decided by under a goal, winning 4 (all by under 3 points) and a draw. They are 11 wins, 4 losses and a draw. They have a % of 118.1

Last year after 17 rounds, Hawthorn had 4 games decided by under a goal, winning all 4. They were on 13 wins and 3 losses and a % of 119.5.

Everyone was writing Hawthorn off because they only had the 7th best % of the teams in the top 8 (not that there was a great deal between 1-7).

Geelong are a fake team who, without umpiring assistance, would have lost their close matches against North, Port, Freo and Hawthorn. They shouldn't even be in the 8. They are a worse team than what Hawthorn were last year and will be found out in September.

cool story. Will read again.

Clearly you will since you can't stay away from this thread...

Ok so name the 10 who would be best 22 that missed against Geelong and then take the 10 players from that side that are not best 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell 2011 must still burn like an absolute bitch.
Yep - my life revolves around Geelong. You've got me.

Collingwood fans accepting sub par finishes for the so called premier team in the comp. It's good when you have a Cocaine Dabbler called McGuire ruining your club and turning it into the laughing stock of the comp.

Bloody hell 2011 must still burn like an absolute bitch.
Barely a blip on the radar. The trouble with Geelong fans is that they think people care about them. When you've wounded me as much as Carlton have then, I might care.
My interest in Geelong dates back to my childhood. I spent most of my first 25 years in Geelong. They had plenty of mediocre years back then, but the Addy was great value. Still is.
FWIW, I believe Bomber did the undoable and changed the entire club culture around. He created the juggernaut that was Geelong between 2007 & 2011 and to do so he had to effectively anaesthetise the club against its back slappers and sicophants. 2008 was the year that really surprised me, I would have bet pounds to peanuts that the club would have done what Collingwood did in 1991 (spend the year on a victory tour) but they didn't and all things being equal were the best side that year. Bomber, is to my mind the greatest coach of my lifetime - that belief comes from my view of Geelong and the culture that was prevalent up until he took over.
To be clear, I believe Geelong are a good team now, but they aren't what they were and in my opinion, will not win the flag this year. I have no axe to grind, and in some ways envy their ability to reset and rebuild on the run. Essentially they're betting the farm on winning another flag in the next 3 years and the decisions they've taken over the past several years will ultimately stand or fall upon their ability/luck to jag one.
Clubs are either in the window, rebuilding or falling off a cliff. Geelong are in the window, no doubt, but the cliff is never far away either

Barely a blip on the radar. The trouble with Geelong fans is that they think people care about them. When you've wounded me as much as Carlton have then, I might care.
My interest in Geelong dates back to my childhood. I spent most of my first 25 years in Geelong. They had plenty of mediocre years back then, but the Addy was great value. Still is.
FWIW, I believe Bomber did the undoable and changed the entire club culture around. He created the juggernaut that was Geelong between 2007 & 2011 and to do so he had to effectively anaesthetise the club against its back slappers and sicophants. 2008 was the year that really surprised me, I would have bet pounds to peanuts that the club would have done what Collingwood did in 1991 (spend the year on a victory tour) but they didn't and all things being equal were the best side that year. Bomber, is to my mind the greatest coach of my lifetime - that belief comes from my view of Geelong and the culture that was prevalent up until he took over.
To be clear, I believe Geelong are a good team now, but they aren't what they were and in my opinion, will not win the flag this year. I have no axe to grind, and in some ways envy their ability to reset and rebuild on the run. Essentially they're betting the farm on winning another flag in the next 3 years and the decisions they've taken over the past several years will ultimately stand or fall upon their ability/luck to jag one.
Clubs are either in the window, rebuilding or falling off a cliff. Geelong are in the window, no doubt, but the cliff is never far away either

Drop the throwaway preamble and that's not a bad post.

Collingwood fans accepting sub par finishes for the so called premier team in the comp. It's good when you have a Cocaine Dabbler called McGuire ruining your club and turning it into the laughing stock of the comp.
1/yes it is embarrassing, has been for 40 years. I think you'll find most genuine supporters know exactly where we stand.
2/If you have evidence other than smear and innuendo I'd be genuinely interested to hear it/read it. PM me if you have any real knowledge. As I say, I'm genuinely interested. Of course we can all throw labels around about various club identities of all clubs (even Geelong). Let's not derail the thread - PM me what you know

Actually a good post i enjoyed reading that.

Need a GF appearence this year. I can't believe we've not made it there since 2011 with the coaching staff and players we have had. We're due.

I think they'll reach at least a prelim but I also would be pretty confident if us or Essendon got them at the MCG that they'd be in a bit of trouble.

I would certainly be worried but Geelong are a vastly different side then the team that should have lost to Melb and did lose to Bombers. Contested ball has drastically increased, tackling, general pressure etc. Those three losses were a kick in the balls the players needed.

Keep drinking the Geelong advertiser Kool AId. I always get a copy when the cats lose. Hilarious
so thats what... 4 papers for the year?

Apply that same theory to your lot and another Amazonian rainforest is gone - Hun's are thick...

GO Catters

My prediction:

At the end of 2017 Patrick Dangerfield has gone from being one of the most well liked players by opposition supporters to being one of the most annoying.

Latest evidence in support: P. Dangerfield calls for music to be played at the ground after each goal is kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back