• No, but they will play in the Grand Final

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • No, they will bow out against Adelaide this weekend

Votes: 56 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we're probably a clear fourth on the betting line for the flag at the moment, but IF we don't f*** up (yet again) against Collingwood next week, we're locked in to the top four and playing GWS at home the following week for a home Qualifying Final.

I don't think we've demonstrated the consistency necessary to win the flag, but we look to be clearly the best Victorian chance, which is huge when a Simonds final is up for grabs and the grand final will be an interstate game for the other major contenders.

Geelong hasn't shown the mental steel that one would expect you need to win a big final interstate, but there's still a path to the premiership where they don't have to leave Victoria.

I'd say we're probably a clear fourth on the betting line for the flag at the moment, but IF we don't f*** up (yet again) against Collingwood next week, we're locked in to the top four and playing GWS at home the following week for a home Qualifying Final.

I don't think we've demonstrated the consistency necessary to win the flag, but we look to be clearly the best Victorian chance, which is huge when a Simonds final is up for grabs and the grand final will be an interstate game for the other major contenders.

Geelong hasn't shown the mental steel that one would expect you need to win a big final interstate, but there's still a path to the premiership where they don't have to leave Victoria.
Yes all reasonable.

Not sure we can win it unless all the cards fall into place.

And i dont have much confidence Scott can adapt and change things to beat Collingwood

mate, take your hand of it and think clearly.
Very high chance we finish 4th which will mean we have to travel to Adelaide in week one. Lose that and we a good chance at going out in straight sets if Sydney win their first final.

No chance of that happening.

We'll finish 2nd and host GWS in a qualifying final, which we'll win easily.

The result said more about Richmond than you

I know, it says a lot about them that they couldn't beat us despite being at full strength, while we were heavily depleted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a bit hard to be a flag threat if they can't make the finals
Melbourne supporter ^^
giphy.gif

In fairness, a few unexpectedly have stepped up a bit. I wasn't expecting Stewart, Buzza or Murdoch to be as good as they have been and despite finishing 2nd it might be a stretch to call us the 2nd best team. We do look good when we're not playing Sydney though.
Yeah maybe, but if you're not top 2 you're certainly top 4 (GWS, Sydney and Adelaide) in a very even group.

I think they'll win the premiership.
If we do it'll mean the other teams who get home games are a laughing stock considering we're the only club being forced to play home games away from our home ground.

If all our home finals were at KP (obviously not GF) we would've won a few more premierships over the years moreso recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back