Traded Will Hoskin-Elliott [traded to Collingwood for their 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. You're really sticking your head right down deep in the sand here huh? Looking forward to seeing WHE in black and white.
I never said that the trade won't happen. I am saying that he hasn't formally requested one, because it hasn't been reported, anywhere that he has. And if he is traded it is because we want to clear the cap space, not because he "desperately" wants out.
But I doubt you have the grey matter to make that link.

I never said that the trade won't happen. I am saying that he hasn't formally requested one, because it hasn't been reported, anywhere that he has. And if he is traded it is because we want to clear the cap space, not because he "desperately" wants out.
Does that distinction actually make any difference to the prospective trade?

No, but if it stops people complaining about me not updating the thread title because of something that may or may not have been said on Trade Radio but not reported anywhere else I'm all for it! :thumbsu:

Yeah, it does mate

WHE hasn't gone to the club and said, I want out. Get me out of here, now! EXODUS! EXODUS! EXODUS!

The club has approached him and said, Will, if we can have to move you out because the salary we paid you this year wasn't justified, and you were up for a trade, who would you like us to deal with? We may not actually have to trade you, but if we do, who would you prefer?

The two are vastly different.

Pick 44 and next year's 3rd rounder?

If you take him you have to take his salary, so I'd settle for either this or next years third from you blokes.

Yeah, it does mate

WHE hasn't gone to the club and said, I want out. Get me out of here, now! EXODUS! EXODUS! EXODUS!

The club has approached him and said, Will, if we can have to move you out because the salary we paid you this year wasn't justified, and you were up for a trade, who would you like us to deal with? We may not actually have to trade you, but if we do, who would you prefer?

The two are vastly different.

If you take him you have to take his salary, so I'd settle for either this or next years third from you blokes.
If were taking his whole salary, we shouldn't pay more than a single third rounder.

Lol. Take your meds buddy. Go back and read what I originally wrote. I specifically said that GWS need his salary off the book to make way for Delidio, at no point did I say he "desperately" wants out. Seriously. Don't make things up it just makes you look stupid and desperate.

If you want to know exactly what his manager said on trade radio last week, it was that he would like to be traded to Collingwood if it could be arranged, but if an agreement couldn't be made then he was happy to see out his contract at GWS. At this point it looks like he'll be squeezed out with the addition of Delidio. I don't see why you're getting so upset. Are you really that desperate to avoid trading with Collingwood? I don't see why, you always end up taking us for maximum value.

GWS Fans must really rate him with all the Carry On about him

Yes. I'd much rather he'd stay at the club but if the options are Lids or WHE, sorry Will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JAKE NIALL
GIANT Will Hoskin-Elliott will join Collingwood in exchange for the Pies' future second-round selection and potentially another pick coming back from the Giants.
Hoskin-Elliott's move has been forced through quickly after Brett Deledio indicated he wanted to join the Giants and the club needs to get money out.
Travis Cloke should also be a Bulldog soon.

That is not too bad with a Pick coming back to Collingwood. I say that pick might come from the Delideo Trade

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/liv...y/news-story/65df1c877ef5187a1b47bb387e76852d

From his Manager:

On Will Hoskin-Elliott - “It’s in-principle we’ve agreed. It’s good for Will, good for Collingwood. Great player, good young man, pleased for Will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back