Traded Will Hoskin-Elliott [traded to Collingwood for their 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Elliot hahaha - Hoskin-Elliott is one of the best kicks in the competition. You don't need to be a tough nut when you're that type of player; you have no idea what you're talking about.

No Shock there

I'll eat humble pie he went upto 64 percent eff today . 11 of the best possie you will see but.

good point but about the carlton gaints. but they are playing in the 2nds wiith your million buck studs aish . mayne. an wells of course.

plowman was a gaint to but yeh

Yeah Plowman and Pickett have no chance of making it

Marchbank and Plowman have shown a fair bit, but I'd like to see more before setting it in stone that they're good/great players. Pickett has done SWA at AFL level so far, and has long way to go. Rhys Palmer is VFL standard. Andrew Phillips is mediocre. Jed Lamb somehow manages to stay on AFL lists (7th season, 3rd club, just 37 games). Liam Sumner was the worst player in the league getting a regular game last year. Who knows what the deal is with Kristian Jaksch.

Credit for turning ex-Crows Ed Curnow, Matthew Wright and Sam Kerridge into decent AFL footballers, but for every hit, there's a Billie Smedts (don't know how he lasted as long as he did at Geelong, let alone getting a gig at another club), Daniel Gorringe (no idea how he's never made it, looked a quality ruckman of the future when playing SANFL seniors as a teenager) or Liam Jones (remember the days when Dogs fans fapped over him being top 5 in contested marks?), who aren't so hot.

Marchbank and Plowman have shown a fair bit, but I'd like to see more before setting it in stone that they're good/great players.

Been among our best the first 7 rounds. You either don't watch a lot of Carlton games or you're understating how well they're going, particularly with reference to how inexperienced they are. Marchbank is 2nd in the comp for intercept marks in (so far) his first full season.

Hoskin-Elliott is a bit of an enigma. Played the best game of his career last week and got involved on transition which is where he can do a lot of damage. He's just got this tendency to go missing and when he does all his bad habits come out - he takes himself out of contests, looks for cheapies over the back and refuses to run back to create a bit of overlap. He's a conditional player.

Last edited:
Been among our best the first 7 rounds. You either don't watch a lot of Carlton games or you're understating how well they're going, particularly with reference to how inexperienced they are. Marchbank is 2nd in the comp for intercept marks in (so far) his first full season.

Signs are good, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see at least a full season or two of good consistent footy before gushing over someone.

Where are you pulling this intercept marks stat from, by the way? Marchbank isn't even top 10 in the league for intercept possessions per game at the moment, and neither AFL.com, the AFL live app or Footy Wire track intercept marks.

Hoskin-Elliott is a bit of an enigma. Played the best game of his career last week and got involved on transition which is where he can do a lot of damage. He's just got this tendency to go missing and when he does all his bad habits come out - he takes himself out of contests, looks for cheapies over the back and refuses to run back to create a bit of overlap. He's a conditional player.

I didn't even really want the Pies to get him, but I've been pleasantly surprised with his output so far, and he's shown something we were missing, that linking/transitional player at half forward. I think given the amount of footy he's missed, he can get a fair bit of time before there's really any sort of "verdict" to be given. Honestly, I expected he'd spend most of this year just getting his body and fitness right, and playing maybe 10-12 limited games at AFL level at best. It looks like he might not only pass that, but actually be an important player this year in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signs are good, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to see at least a full season or two of good consistent footy before gushing over someone.

Where are you pulling this intercept marks stat from, by the way? Marchbank isn't even top 10 in the league for intercept possessions per game at the moment, and neither AFL.com, the AFL live app or Footy Wire track intercept marks.

I didn't even really want the Pies to get him, but I've been pleasantly surprised with his output so far, and he's shown something we were missing, that linking/transitional player at half forward. I think given the amount of footy he's missed, he can get a fair bit of time before there's really any sort of "verdict" to be given. Honestly, I expected he'd spend most of this year just getting his body and fitness right, and playing maybe 10-12 limited games at AFL level at best. It looks like he might not only pass that, but actually be an important player this year in the process.

Very few players come in and intercept the way they do. They have incredible ability for inexperienced players. It's not even the production at this stage than it is how fast they have developed in a short of amount of time. We're fluctuating in our midfield performance, but our defence is steadfast and cohesive, and it's mostly young guys back there.

I'd be frustrated watching him play at the moment. Even more so because now you now how big his ceiling is. He kicks clutch goals too.

:cool:Hoskin-Elliot round 22 against the Bulldogs in 2014 way better. Check his form around then before injuries cruelled him. Hope he gets back to that level for his sake.

Picket, on the other hand, he's been pretty dissapointing.

Missed almost all of last year through injury, and played the first month or so this year at AFL level despite clearly not having the fitness required to do so.

What exactly were you expecting?

I wanted the club to trade for both Plowman and Marchbank, no surprises that those 2 will end up the 2 best from the GWS bunch they recruited. Those 2 have the best chance to be long term Carlton players.

Probably a better player than everyone on your list except for Weitering, Docherty and Cripps.
and sps. and marchbank. and plowman. and murphy. and gibbs. and kreuzer. and charlie and ed curnow. and (just cant be bothered listing the rest of them)
simply put whe is going to have games when he looks a silky worldbeater. these will generally be games when the maggies are on top around the ground. he will also have a lot of games where his contribution is minimal. these will be games where he is needed the most and the naggies are struggling.
at least he will contribute more than chris mayne.

The correct term for it is 'flakey'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back