Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair when was the last time he has played more then 5 games in a row
Wold you believe he's done that in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and now 2017

But he has had gaps and really only one season was full of games I think 2014 where played most games that year

Wold you believe he's done that in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and now 2017

But he has had gaps and really only one season was full of games I think 2014 where played most games that year

That because he was Injured a Majority of the Time Sadly

Having a good season but seems to have fizzled out a bit recently, hopefully can have a day out vs the lions

Agree. He been good but nothing like how he Started the Season.

Don't know IF he is Tired or Something

He has been quite poor last 2-3 weeks.

Barley notice him in games and as we thought is on the Soft Side. Still a Classy User when the few times he gets it.

Think he needs to be Dropped and try and find form in the VFL

He has been quite poor last 2-3 weeks.

Barley notice him in games and as we thought is on the Soft Side. Still a Classy User when the few times he gets it.

Think he needs to be Dropped and try and find form in the VFL

I thought he was pretty good last week against Hawthorn. Played a very atypical game where he played tough footy, had 6 tackles and was at the bottom of many packs. This week, he wasn't great.

IMO he is being played out of position. I can understand why Bucks plays him on the wing, as his pace and ball use is something in short supply. But as a forward he can be a match winner.

IMO he is being played out of position. I can understand why Bucks plays him on the wing, as his pace and ball use is something in short supply. But as a forward he can be a match winner.

Agree, He is a Forward as you say can be a Match Winner(Great Set Shot). His speed is something we do lack but it's not his Natural Position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was pretty good last week against Hawthorn. Played a very atypical game where he played tough footy, had 6 tackles and was at the bottom of many packs. This week, he wasn't great.

He has a weird mix of strengths and weaknesses. If you put him forward he doesn't know how to get the ball apart from some big marks. On the wing/half back he can be poor defensively. I think ideally hes a hf flanker who has freedom to go anywhere.

He is also a very good linebreaker and has great skills but average decision making in terms of where to go with the ball.
In terms of his development getting him in positions where he can receive the handball is probably the best for his development. GWS dried him out by making him the feast or famine small forward who didnt have a defined role.

Agree, He is a Forward as you say can be a Match Winner(Great Set Shot). His speed is something we do lack but it's not his Natural Position

I thought he actually spent time forward yesterday. May have been a rotation thing.

I actually prefer him on a wing. There will be times that allows him to get forward and impact the scoreboard, but more importantly, it gives us some pace and class in transition.

Yeh he is a very skilful, pacy player, very outside and very soft but goes missing a bit, i like him but needs to do a bit more

Part of the problem with the team at the moment, too many passengers, players that go missing, the Blairs, Broomhead, WHE are the main ones, there are others, just cant afford to carry so many guys that go mia all in the same game

I know its the WHE thread but Blair seriously, ffs i dont know how he gets a game

They are doing the right thing by continuing to play him.
Has the talent. It will click for him.
He is contributing at the moment without doing anything special. It will come.
Patience grasshoppers.

I would like to see him hhf and down to goal square when Moore in ruck as leading ff
Would allow degoey to play wing on perhaps in middle with treloar to a wing given his speed

The hyphen did good on Sunday. 18 disposals, two very nice goals, and those marks. He has the stickiest hands in the team. He doesn't fumble, is sure footed, and poised. WHE is growing into our team, and his team mates must be loving him.

That criticial goal in the last quarter, no. 2 in the top 5 highlights of the game - was a wow moment.

The hyphen did good on Sunday. 18 disposals, two very nice goals, and those marks. He has the stickiest hands in the team. He doesn't fumble, is sure footed, and poised. WHE is growing into our team, and his team mates must be loving him.

That criticial goal in the last quarter, no. 2 in the top 5 highlights of the game - was a wow moment.
And the mark against 3 defenders in same qtr

Hosky is raising fast in my favourite Collingwood players of 2017.

Does anyone understand that certain positions on the field will only ger you so many possessions?

His role is not to accumulate 30 touches.

His role is to get the pill 15-20 times and snag a couple.

Every team has there 25+ possession type players.. they're the ones that are on the front line.. ie Adams Pendlebury Treloar Sidebottom. Not Hoskin-Elliott.

Hes been good for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back