Will josh carr play better now??

Remove this Banner Ad

yardenlavy

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2008
sunshine coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
now this is not a crack a fremantle don't get me wrong they do have players that are playing good there

but history shows that players that leave fremantle player better at there second club

so this question needs to be answered WILL JOSH CARR PLAY BETTER

and if in fact he ends up playing better footy at port can anyone explain the reason for these form changes in players??

on that note imagine what pavlich would play like if he left the dockers???

now this is not a crack a fremantle don't get me wrong they do have players that are playing good there

but history shows that players that leave fremantle player better at there second club

and if in fact he ends up playing better footy at port can anyone explain the reason for these form changes in players??

1 - Will be interesting... if you go off of last years form he can only go down.... if you go off his words he can only go up.... But who knows maybe going back to port will "reinvent" him and he can get back to his best.... maybe its past him???
2 - Maybe its the coaches of those other clubs being able to get the person into gear, lets not forget that Essendon let Kepler go for little and he has improved out of sight and will be very improtant for us next year (most likely starting 22) Not every player who has left freo has made it but then some have. Everyone is a bit hit and miss :)
3. He would be a Superstar... like he is now.

• Banned
1 - Will be interesting... if you go off of last years form he can only go down.... if you go off his words he can only go up.... But who knows maybe going back to port will "reinvent" him and he can get back to his best.... maybe its past him???
2 - Maybe its the coaches of those other clubs being able to get the person into gear, lets not forget that Essendon let Kepler go for little and he has improved out of sight and will be very improtant for us next year (most likely starting 22) Not every player who has left freo has made it but then some have. Everyone is a bit hit and miss :)

thankyou silver scope for a sensible answer at least some people can tell when im having a crack or not and this thread isnt a crack so could everyone have the same mindset as silver scope when posting

agreed.

I personally love how on the news tonight he stated that he'd become stale and lost interest at Fremantle. That's great consolation for all Freo fans who now know he gave a half arsed run during his stay. Perhaps now will he think of giving half his pay packet back. w***er.

I personally love how on the news tonight he stated that he'd become stale and lost interest at Fremantle. That's great consolation for all Freo fans who now know he gave a half arsed run during his stay. Perhaps now will he think of giving half his pay packet back. w***er.

Exactly...short arsed little s**t...excuse me if we expect you to give a 100% for the jumper and the members...prick.

Gavin Mitchell? Scott Chisholm? Kingsley Hunter? Steven O'Reilly? Craig Callaghan? Greg Harding? Daniel Bandy? Leigh Brown? Steven Koops? Troy Longmuir? All played better for Freo than they did at their next club.

All history shows is that some players play better once they leave Freo and some play worse. And some stay the same but because of increased exposure over east get credited for improving when they actually haven't (Winston Abraham, Brodie Holland, Jess Sinclair, Heath Black, Troy Simmonds)

And then simplistic people pick out the ones that suit their argument and try to claim it's an some sort of undeniable pattern.

Why bother trying to claim you aren't having a crack at Freo if you're going to chuck crap like that on at the end?

Yeah tend to agree in general (unfortunately) but also think this is sometimes over-blown for example, do the names Tony Delaney, Mark Gale, Craig Callaghan and Matthew Burton ring a bell - they all played better at Freo. BTW Pav is and would be a superstar at any club.

The thing that I think most Power fans overlook is Carr played 3 very good years of footy for Freo ...he wasn't hackish at all (until last year). 2005 - 2007 he averaged more disposals, goals, tackles & marks/Brownlow votes (OK give or take a season) than when he was at Port.

Sure he played a bigger role at Freo (and Ports midfield power was very good) and that may explain it, but he was very good at Freo and in 2006 we were travelling nicely.

I live overseas so watch the games on TV (or if I have a 12 hour time slot available on the AFL). I get back to watch a few games each year and last year I remarked at my first game that I could not believe how much Carr had slowed down.

I think Carr will have a better year than 2008 but I think his glory days are gone. As long as Ports expectations are in line with this they won't be overly upset.

Thiongs that will help - he can tag/upset at Port - I can see Kane Cornes being used far more effectively. At Freo he (as far as I can judge it) became a tagger and to put it bluntly Crowley does it better now and it always seemed to me that we had 2 negative players on the ball while Palmer got hammered.

Also his heart was not in it - pisses me off as a Freo supporter that the aggressive smurf did not have the heart to play hard all season just when he felt like it.

Port have risked very little but it will be interesting if Port don't get off to a fly and the politics start to see how Carr handles it. At our club I firmly believe he showed poor character for a senior player and whilst our depth is certainly hurt - longer term it is a good move for us.

Crowley no longer splits minutes with Carr, De Boer being taken today I think is our longer term plan for a tagger and there is basically an extra spot to accomodate Hasleby and extra minutes for Schammer, Ibbo and Duffield (both who excelled with extra game time when Belly went). Bit harder to double Palmer when you are running off and leaving Ibbotson or Hasleby rather than McManus or Carr.

We may be poorer in 2009 for it but I think we will be the better side in 2010.

If Port crack the finals in 2009/10 - it has been a good call.

Yes, josh carr will play better at port. He was a great leader and a fundamental player in our 22 in 2004. I don't believe he ever had the same impact at freo purely because he wasn't played in the same way he was at port.

Bookmark this if you want, barring injury, josh carr's 2009 will be much better than his 2008.

Yes, josh carr will play better at port. He was a great leader and a fundamental player in our 22 in 2004. I don't believe he ever had the same impact at freo purely because he wasn't played in the same way he was at port.

Bookmark this if you want, barring injury, josh carr's 2009 will be much better than his 2008.

Bookmark it.... his 2008 WAS SH** !!!! if he plays 3 good games next year thats more good games then he played in 2008 (The Derbys)

Not much of a bookmark when it should happen........ IMO.

Carr only looks after himself.. He has no pride in any jumper he plays for, he'll put that masquarade on while it suits him. He is loyal to himself and his family, that is it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL - can I play too ;)

Pavlich barring injury will be our most effective forward. Bookmark it.

Carr only looks after himself.. He has no pride in any jumper he plays for, he'll put that masquarade on while it suits him. He is loyal to himself and his family, that is it..

Geez, how terrible of him. :rolleyes:

Gavin Mitchell? Scott Chisholm? Kingsley Hunter? Steven O'Reilly? Craig Callaghan? Greg Harding? Daniel Bandy? Leigh Brown? Steven Koops? Troy Longmuir? All played better for Freo than they did at their next club.

All history shows is that some players play better once they leave Freo and some play worse. And some stay the same but because of increased exposure over east get credited for improving when they actually haven't (Winston Abraham, Brodie Holland, Jess Sinclair, Heath Black, Troy Simmonds)

And then simplistic people pick out the ones that suit their argument and try to claim it's an some sort of undeniable pattern.

Why bother trying to claim you aren't having a crack at Freo if you're going to chuck crap like that on at the end?

omg last bit wasnt serious lol i was saying that pavlich is one of best in the league and if the fremantle plauge is true he would be best in the league

pavlich would be a starting 5 for any club

I have no doubt that Josh Carr will play better next year.

And I have no doubt that freo will play a lot better without josh Carr next year.

Sinclair was pretty average at Fremantle, played what 50 games in 4 years with Freo? Yet then went on to play over 130 games or so with us. I'd say he improved quite a bit.

I have no doubt that he will play better for Port, he wasn't interested here, this has nothing to do with a mystical force field over Fremantle oval that sucks the ability out of players.

He never applied himself at Fremantle, he robbed our club of draft picks and everyone suffered with his tenure at our club, his fellow players, the fans, the board, the coaches and sponsors.

I have no regrets in hoping that he breaks down with injury and never plays another game of football again. Cite all the examples of 'mercenaries' that have joined Fremantle you want, but no example is the same.

Josh Carr will forever go down as the biggest piece of s**t to ever play for the Fremantle Football Club and I look forward greatly to welcoming him on August the 9th, 2009.

Like all of us we are products of our environment thus yes, Josh will play better now.

Sinclair was pretty average at Fremantle, played what 50 games in 4 years with Freo? Yet then went on to play over 130 games or so with us. I'd say he improved quite a bit.

Number of games played is a pretty simplistic way to look at it though.

Obviously he wasn't going to play many games for us as a skinny developing 18/19 year old. He played 9 games in his first year while being rotated in and out of the team so as not to overexpose him before his body was ready for the rigours of AFL.

He played 20 games in his 2nd season but then in his 3rd or 4th season he broke his collarbone and missed the better part of half a season. But he was developing nicely at Freo and was only sacrificed as part of the trade package to get Bell.

It's no surprise he managed more games for you since you got him right at the stage when he was AFL hardened and ready to play full seasons. But I watched him closely at North (because he was one of my favourite Freo players and I was sad to see him go - especially since he was unhappy about having to leave) and I didn't see anything to suggest he became a better player than what he was already showing at Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back