WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard they lost a few players, happy to be proven wrong on that if that's the case, and if so place them 4th.
Well they lost a heap of seconds players, not sure how that will effect the club. Will obviously effect depth.

Heard Laverton have picked up a few and a couple of returning players, wouldn't surprise if they snuck into the finals, anytime they have a little success they self explode eg 2014 wasn't bad team played finals, but they turned into ramble in the next few years.

Well they lost a heap of seconds players, not sure how that will effect the club. Will obviously effect depth.

lavo please... they are coming from so far back. If they have picked up some players good on them but really they should finish 2nd last. Glenorden is a certainty for last. Word on the street is they won't have two sides..

Tarneit is a dead set favourite. Heights have lost a few and haven't picked up any notable I hear. The surprise packet will be the ever so hungry north Sunshine! Missed finals by that much..!!! I hear their recruits are spearheaded by glen manton... throw in the 100 goal FF and J.Mcpherson, etc

Also heard they are doing endless Bunnings bbqs to cover player payments!! That's a lot of snags off the field, they better kick some on the field too!

How's Norf Sunshine going? Talking to a few over the xmas break, they reckon the coach is a bullcrap artist! Full of himself, very ordinary past...

Hope for Norf's sake the committee is protecting the club for the future

How's Norf Sunshine going? Talking to a few over the xmas break, they reckon the coach is a bullcrap artist! Full of himself, very ordinary past...

Oh well
At least he is having a crack.
It's div3 remember.
I don't think Leigh Matthews was available for the job.

Oh well
At least he is having a crack.
It's div3 remember.
I don't think Leigh Matthews was available for the job.

Survey, what did you hear buddy. I believe it’s the same coach who coached last season and they did improve on field and off field to my knowledge. Haven’t they already recruited a couple of new faces including a footballer who has kicked 100goals 3 times.

Survey, what did you hear buddy. I believe it’s the same coach who coached last season and they did improve on field and off field to my knowledge. Haven’t they already recruited a couple of new faces including a footballer who has kicked 100goals 3 times.
Let's just say the quality of person this bloke attracts will not benefit the club in the long run. I know it's not easy but if Norf Sunshine are fair dinkum and want long term sustainability in wherever the Div of footy they play, trust me, when this current coach packs up and leaves they will be in a far worse spot they were before he arrived.

Who is the 100 goal forward, is it an ex Albion player ??

I agree the current coach has improved the club both on and off the field, seem to want to play footy.

He would have to be their most successful coach for the past 12 years, not that is saying very much as they haven't set the bar very high.

Who is the 100 goal forward, is it an ex Albion player ??

I agree the current coach has improved the club both on and off the field, seem to want to play footy.

He would have to be their most successful coach for the past 12 years, not that is saying very much as they haven't set the bar very high.

Found the below on there Facebook page..There is other posts on other recruits but seems this guy is there best recruit by a fair way going by this post..

COACHING ANNOUNCEMENT

NSFC is proud to announce Darren Turner as a Playing Coach for Season 2018. DT comes with a wealth of experience after years of playing at various levels including TAC Cup for Murray Bushrangers, Senior football at Rumbalara, Heathcote, Fitzroy Stars and Resevoir FC. DT showed his class to win B&F honours at Rumbalara along with League Team Of The Year honours in the NFL, and kicking over 100 goals on 3 occasions. Turner has had various opportunities to Coach at Vic Indigenous Carnivals and as an Assistant Coach at Heathcote. DT also runs a successful mentoring business, and will be a definite source of leadership around the Club in 2018. Welcome to Dempster Park DT.

Found the below on there Facebook page..There is other posts on other recruits but seems this guy is there best recruit by a fair way going by this post..

COACHING ANNOUNCEMENT

NSFC is proud to announce Darren Turner as a Playing Coach for Season 2018. DT comes with a wealth of experience after years of playing at various levels including TAC Cup for Murray Bushrangers, Senior football at Rumbalara, Heathcote, Fitzroy Stars and Resevoir FC. DT showed his class to win B&F honours at Rumbalara along with League Team Of The Year honours in the NFL, and kicking over 100 goals on 3 occasions. Turner has had various opportunities to Coach at Vic Indigenous Carnivals and as an Assistant Coach at Heathcote. DT also runs a successful mentoring business, and will be a definite source of leadership around the Club in 2018. Welcome to Dempster Park DT.
So what has happened to there coach of last year Turbo

COACHING ANNOUNCEMENT

This guy is trouble and a journey man, played twos the last five years.
NSFC will pull the pin on him, 6 games best.
See attachment from up my way 6 years back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-03-21-58-16-73.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-03-21-58-16-73.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey
So what has happened to there coach of last year Turbo

Ando, his still coach mate, this Turner guy is playing assistant. I was answering the question on the forward who has apparently kicked 3 tons in recent years. In the end it’s a struggling club trying to improve in a tough area for attracting juniors and senior players. Plus it’s wrfl Div3 footy.

Hey

Ando, his still coach mate, this Turner guy is playing assistant. I was answering the question on the forward who has apparently kicked 3 tons in recent years. In the end it’s a struggling club trying to improve in a tough area for attracting juniors and senior players. Plus it’s wrfl Div3 footy.

High risk / High reward.. it can work - Deer Park relied on one bloke and won a flag.. Deer Park have since won 6 flags and don't need that 1 bloke anymore. High Risk / High Reward.. have seen it go the other way many times!!!

Doubt North Sunshine will have a continguency plan like DP though..!! After all DP's plan was/is exceptional.

End of the day, norf should be strong this year particularly with the outrageous money they are spending! Where are they getting it from? If they fail, this could be end of them... seems like they are putting all their eggs in the one basket and going for broke! Hopefully they are strong this year as it will be good for the comp if another team is competitive!!

One thing is for certain Point Cook Centrals was a woeful name to choose!! Could have been Seabrook Sharks or the Lakers - well anything except that Toff name !!

Well why do you insist on making them look like a half bred club with your idiotic comments about something which you know next to nothing about?

End of the day, norf should be strong this year particularly with the outrageous money they are spending! Where are they getting it from? If they fail, this could be end of them... seems like they are putting all their eggs in the one basket and going for broke! Hopefully they are strong this year as it will be good for the comp if another team is competitive!!

One thing is for certain Point Cook Centrals was a woeful name to choose!! Could have been Seabrook Sharks or the Lakers - well anything except that Toff name !!

I'm sure it's on par with most clubs in the division, unless you've seen their accounts and can tell us more.

"toff name"!!! Genuine lol!

Agreed, shite name, has zero identity and serves no purpose other than to conjure images of a schizophrenic club torn between playing Saltwater Reserve or Galvin Park.

Apologies to any SLakes brethren, but that's the way it is.

Yeah that name change seems more to do with the Bulldogs coming into the league than anything else. Sour Grapes for mine.
the Centrals don't play at Saltwater?

Last edited:
Wow... a little defensive young lad! And you might happen to be? A massive Big Footy fan with many posts... nothing better do do in life?

Mate you're the one flinging shit around while hiding behind a name you have told us that you have nothing to do with and tell me i'm defensive. What a joke you are.

Do you see the irony in the second part of your post?

Mate you're the one flinging shit around while hiding behind a name you have told us that you have nothing to do with and tell me i'm defensive. What a joke you are.

Do you see the irony in the second part of your post?
Dude, everyone on here knows who I am except you! No hiding here. All for writing “wow, all class”.... get off the ice!

High risk / High reward.. it can work - Deer Park relied on one bloke and won a flag.. Deer Park have since won 6 flags and don't need that 1 bloke anymore. High Risk / High Reward.. have seen it go the other way many times!!!

Doubt North Sunshine will have a continguency plan like DP though..!! After all DP's plan was/is exceptional.

Who’s the bloke who won Deer Park their first flag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back