Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he goes, pencil us in for a late first rounder/early second. Think it'll be a first.

He won't go to Carlton through PSD. I know it sounds enticing for you guys an all, but in reality ess will get something done, weather it be what we want for him or not. We will get something for him.

No offense here, but why is Carlisle being linked to Carlton? because they want him or because he wants to go there?

I would find it so much more likely for a top 6 club to bop in close to trade period and trade for him. He seems like a player who would get motivated by success.

That doesn't really answer my post at all.

Hard to go to grievance tribunal and claim your club failed you for supplement saga which was in 2012 when you publicly state you are 100% happy at your club the year before. Does that answer your post?

But points for trying :thumbsu:
Thanks, have I accumulated the same amount of premiership points as Carlton yet?

Hard to go to grievance tribunal and claim your club failed you for supplement saga which was in 2012 when you publicly state you are 100% happy at your club the year before. Does that answer your post?

Thanks, have I accumulated the same amount of premiership points as Carlton yet?
My post had zero reference to Carlisle. I asked what the AFLPA's decision was, not Carlisle's.

I admire your staunch optimism in such dire times. It's very courageous. Brave even.

Yup, but something will get done. PSD won't happen. Even if its unders.

Our first rounder would have Weitering's name on it , our second rounder may well have Aish's name on it .
Rice and Silvagni with later picks .
All these guys are guaranteed to be available to play in round one next year .
There is no such guarantee with Carlisle .
So if Carlisle nominates Carlton , ???
Player's like Henderson and Yarran wouldn't be going to efc under the ongoing circumstances .
So that leaves the likes of Watson , Ellard etc or ... the PSD .

My post had zero reference to Carlisle. I asked what the AFLPA's decision was, not Carlisle's.

I admire your staunch optimism in such dire times. It's very courageous. Brave even.

Your post was regarding EFC players wanting out.

Do the players IE carlisle have a say in what the AFLPA pursue in regards to them? I'd imagine it would have to be player driven. So yes, the AFLPA obviously is a reference to Carlisle. Even though you don't seem to grasp the connection between the AFLPA and the players

Our first rounder would have Weitering's name on it , our second rounder may well have Aish's name on it .
Rice and Silvagni with later picks .
All these guys are guaranteed to be available to play in round one next year .
There is no such guarantee with Carlisle .
So if Carlisle nominates Carlton , ???
Player's like Henderson and Yarran wouldn't be going to efc under the ongoing circumstances .
So that leaves the likes of Watson , Ellard etc or ... the PSD .

Our hope would obviously be Hendersen/Yarran netting you guys a late first rounder which then you guys would ontrade to us. I'd say you guys would be happy with practically a straight swap of Hendo or Yarran for Carlisle.

PSD won't happen. Multiple mediations would be forced by the AFL, and Essendon would likely take unders if it came to it. But to think Ess would honestly lose Carlisle for nothing doesnt add up in our current situation of a likely rebuild.
Ess played hard ball on Ryder/Crameri. Media built up possible outcomes of PSD to grievance tribunal, in the end a deal got done and it will in this case if Carlisle chooses to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our hope would obviously be Hendersen/Yarran netting you guys a late first rounder which then you guys would ontrade to us. I'd say you guys would be happy with practically a straight swap of Hendo or Yarran for Carlisle.

PSD won't happen. Multiple mediations would be forced by the AFL, and Essendon would likely take unders if it came to it. But to think Ess would honestly lose Carlisle for nothing doesnt add up in our current situation of a likely rebuild.

I'm sorry , but it ABSOLUTELY adds up in your current situation ...

Jakes a sook and actually needs nurturing... Carlton will be too impersonal for him...

They will want instant results which he is not suited too and professional pressure will as it always has give him the yips...

Said it before... he will go somewhere at the manipulation of his manager and hate it later that he went the douche path of mercenary after our patience to develop him...

Last edited:
If you're worried about that s**t then don't trade for him. We aint worried about that.

Because let's be honest, if you lot were worried about it and faced the potential reality of the situation, you might as well fold...and we wouldn't want that would we?

If you're worried about that s**t then don't trade for him. We aint worried about that.

Ok that's good , you understand the realities of the situation .
You are right , why would we take the risk in trading for Carlisle when we have absolutely no need too .
It's definitely a unique situation and only one club was ever going to have the chance of bringing Carlisle on board risk free .
Right time right place you might say ;)

Carlisle will only go to Carlton via PSD - he is damaged goods and unlikely Carlton will offer anything decent for him.

Ok that's good , you understand the realities of the situation .
You are right , why would we take the risk in trading for Carlisle when we have absolutely no need too .
It's definitely a unique situation and only one club was ever going to have the chance of bringing Carlisle on board risk free .
Right time right place you might say ;)
Don't trade for him. What makes you say he's interested in Carlton? Stevo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back