Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure you would .
But that's a matter for your members to take up with those within your club responsible for allowing this situation to exist .

You won't be getting him via the psd a trade will be done where ever he goes it's not like the bloke hates Essendon and wants to get the * out.

Last edited:
Hypothetically?? out of curiosity, what would happen if carlisle selected carlton as his preferred club. Ess don't like being whats offered, and go to Brisbane who holds the number 1 pick in the PSD, Ess says to brisbane give us pick 19 for a fringe player, and we'll let carlisle into the preseason draft??

Hypothetically?? out of curiosity, what would happen if carlisle selected carlton as his preferred club. Ess don't like being whats offered, and go to Brisbane who holds the number 1 pick in the PSD, Ess says to brisbane give us pick 19 for a fringe player, and we'll let carlisle into the preseason draft??
Bris will still need to convince him to play with them. They won't take a player that refuses to move to qld.

If as you say , Carlisle nominates Carlton , Brisbane of all clubs wouldn't touch him .
They know all too well the folly of having players at your club that don't want to be there .

Without going over old ground ,
If the out of contract Carlisle nominates Carlton , you will be lucky to get peanuts .
Carlton would have no need to take any risk and trade ...
Do you really think Brisbane would not take him. Without going over old ground unless you tank and finish last it won't happen buddy. Your the only Victorian club that is worse off than us in terms of talent. Reckon if you can get a fair trade for Carlisle you will grab it.

We wouldn't have to give you anything for Carlisle especially for trash we wouldn't give up our chance of drafting Keays and Hipwood it's
up to Essendon to get the trade done not us. And as if anyone knows what Carlisle would do but Carlisle.

I would lol if Carlilse picks Carlton and tells them that he won't be going there via the psd only by trade.

What will Carlton do then.

We've been through all the scenarios previously in this thread matey .
Let's just wait and see if Carlisle decides to leave , who he nominates , and how it unfolds .
All we know for certain is he is out of contract and is facing a lengthy ban .
Not a pretty picture which ever way you slice it for the efc ...

Do you really think Brisbane would not take him. Without going over old ground unless you tank and finish last it won't happen buddy. Your the only Victorian club that is worse off than us in terms of talent. Reckon if you can get a fair trade for Carlisle you will grab it.

If Carlisle nominates Carlton , Brisbane wouldn't touch him .
They would be the laughing stock of the competition and atm you blokes have a mortgage on that title ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been through all the scenarios previously in this thread matey .
Let's just wait and see if Carlisle decides to leave , who he nominates , and how it unfolds .
All we know for certain is he is out of contract and is facing a lengthy ban .
Not a pretty picture which ever way you slice it for the efc ...

I faith that Jake will stay.

I faith that Jake will stay.

I have a question. In the state that Essendon is in and what players, supporters and staff have gone through, what makes you think Jake wants to stay? I heard Jobe Watson is contemplating retirement as in honesty the amount of pressure and the duration this saga has gone for has al ready taken its toll on the group

Would he consider a fresh start elsewhere as you only get 1 shot at AFL football and you don't want to regret these decisions later

If Carlisle nominates Carlton , Brisbane wouldn't touch him .
They would be the laughing stock of the competition and atm you blokes have a mortgage on that title ...
Brisbane would 100% take him. They'd be the laughing stock if they didn't take him, not the other way around.

But that doesn't fit your narrative so of course you'd say that.

I have a question. In the state that Essendon is in and what players, supporters and staff have gone through, what makes you think Jake wants to stay? I heard Jobe Watson is contemplating retirement as in honesty the amount of pressure and the duration this saga has gone for has al ready taken its toll on the group

Would he consider a fresh start elsewhere as you only get 1 shot at AFL football and you don't want to regret these decisions later

Changing clubs won't make a difference the bloody thing is still going will be pointless also the players had plenty of opportunity to leave but decided to stick together for this long so I doubt that will change.

Last edited:
Brisbane would 100% take him. They'd be the laughing stock if they didn't take him, not the other way around.

But that doesn't fit your narrative so of course you'd say that.

For starters , the go home 5 .
Now this year Aish ?
Do you really think Brisbane are stupid enough to take a player they already know doesn't want to be there ?
You really are desperate that he doesn't get to Carlton aren't you ...

Well so far Crameri and Ryder think it makes a difference ...

We don't want him. Blues need to stay away from free agency for a few years, going to be a long 4-5 years. Last thing we want is spending big money for players that aren't worth it. Example Daisy Thomas our highest paid player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back