Preview 2015 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that Matera is a different player but rarely did hall play any other role then that of a Matera like player. He is a sub at best. X factor players need to contribute. Such as a Stevie J for example. Yes hall breaks the lines but then he kicks behinds. We need goals if we are going to genuinely challenge for the top 4.

That was in 2013. Last season he only kicked 12.10 from 17 games. Not good enough. Im not saying he needs to kick 50 a season but at least 30 (1.5 a game) he is never gonna be a key forward or an onballer so he had better start converting goals if he wants to.play that small forward role

That was in 2013. Last season he only kicked 12.10 from 17 games. Not good enough. Im not saying he needs to kick 50 a season but at least 30 (1.5 a game) he is never gonna be a key forward or an onballer so he had better start converting goals if he wants to.play that small forward role

I understand that Hall was carrying a major groin issue throughout 2014 which obviously impacted on his form.

It appears from GCS media reports he had an operation late 2014, which will unfortunately hinder his pre-season.

My opinion is that a "fit" Aaron Hall is an explosive medium sized forward who has the ability to influence a game.

I agree with the 30 goal target for the year. However if he has a delayed start to the season this may not be a realistic figure.

Looking forward to seeing Hall return in 2015!

Do you think he is in the best 22 though?
IMO he is really only good as a sub. I hope he proves me wrong though because he has the potential to be an excitement machine.

Do you think he is in the best 22 though?
IMO he is really only good as a sub. I hope he proves me wrong though because he has the potential to be an excitement machine.
I think at this state, everyone should be considered a potential best 22 player. Bluey, IMO, held a lot of players back. With Rocket at the helm, who knows who the new stars of 2015 will be.

IMO Sumner, Hall, Russell, Shaw, Gorringe, Cameron are all playing for their careers.
We have depth now and they wont be given games anymore.
I'm not saying they are terrible players but I think they will find themselves well down the pecking order this season.
Hopefully the majority of the squad stays fit and healthy this year so these kinds of players aren't needed anywhere except for the NEAFL

Sumner has some freaky skills.. Evasiveness, marking, runs like the wind knows where the goals are, I think everything Martin can do Sumner could too if he worked harder , his fitness sucks and constantly goes missing
His draft video was like wow.. Could be anything.. So far.. He shows a couple flashes a game.. Then won't go near it

"His fitness sucks and constantly goes missing" that's a major problem for an AFL footballer.
Martin is going to be a star. 2 very different players. Hopefully Sumner has a few ripper games so we can use him as trade bait at the end of the year. The player I am most looking forward to seeing kick on this year is Tom Nichols. He was outstanding in the absence of Smith last year and I hope he cements his spot as the number 1 ruckman.
The amount of depth this year is really going to hold us in good stead come finals time. Hopefully Sam Day and Dixon can take some of the goal kicking load off lynch and really propel the team forward.

IMO Sumner, Hall, Russell, Shaw, Gorringe, Cameron are all playing for their careers.
We have depth now and they wont be given games anymore.
I'm not saying they are terrible players but I think they will find themselves well down the pecking order this season.
Hopefully the majority of the squad stays fit and healthy this year so these kinds of players aren't needed anywhere except for the NEAFL
Spot on!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at this state, everyone should be considered a potential best 22 player. Bluey, IMO, held a lot of players back. With Rocket at the helm, who knows who the new stars of 2015 will be.
Bullshit. How on earth did he hold them back? Why would a coach not want all his players realizing their potential and thus helping the team?

Bluey may not have been the best coach in the league but by no means did he 'hold players back'.

Bullshit. How on earth did he hold them back? Why would a coach not want all his players realizing their potential and thus helping the team?

Bluey may not have been the best coach in the league but by no means did he 'hold players back'.

I kinda agree with Experimental. It may not have just been Bluey, but more so the selectors/coaching panel as a whole. There did seem to be a spot of favouritism granted to some players (this was more apparent in the first few seasons) and players who appeared to have earned a chance in the seniors were missing out all together.

Although we don't really know for sure what was asked of players behind closed doors, attitudes and commitment levels of players or work ethics employed by them, it seems to be the belief of most that Bluey was not getting the best out of his team. For a senior coach at AFL level to not be achieving this is a disappointment and to say he is holding the team/certain players back is probably justifiable.

Possibly time will tell if the right decision was made in moving McKenna, amongst others on. Hopefully we see results as soon as the season starts that will come from a modified pre season program and an adjustment in attitude in the locker room. I love Bluey, but from whatever way I look at it at this stage, I think the right decision for the club was made!

Bluey was always going to be the fall guy, develop the kids - teach them the rigours of AFL footy, softly softly approach so as to not break their spirits when they are getting beaten by 100 points.
The problems came once they started getting competitive and were expected to win and the real coach came out in him.
Telling some of the players some home truths when in the past he would tip toe around it.
You cant just flick a switch and go from Mr nice guy to the big bad wolf. This is where the players lost faith in him.
Bringing in Rocket will now give them that hard edge, make them accountable.
He probably could have handled a lot of scenarios better but even the great coaches have made mistakes.

Bluey was always going to be the fall guy, develop the kids - teach them the rigours of AFL footy, softly softly approach so as to not break their spirits when they are getting beaten by 100 points.
The problems came once they started getting competitive and were expected to win and the real coach came out in him.
Telling some of the players some home truths when in the past he would tip toe around it.
You cant just flick a switch and go from Mr nice guy to the big bad wolf. This is where the players lost faith in him.
Bringing in Rocket will now give them that hard edge, make them accountable.
He probably could have handled a lot of scenarios better but even the great coaches have made mistakes.

Not participating in the best 22, but am glad Bluey has gone...too many favourites, or was over ruled with other coaches favourites...
One player I hope has a good year now he is "senior listed" is Andrew Boston...
A class footballer in my opinion.
Any agree?

Not participating in the best 22, but am glad Bluey has gone...too many favourites, or was over ruled with other coaches favourites...
One player I hope has a good year now he is "senior listed" is Andrew Boston...
A class footballer in my opinion.
Any agree?
He is a class kick for goal and on his way to being a top 22 player, not sure he is there quite yet, but as a local we all have our fingers crossed for him.

Martin is going to be a star. 2 very different players. Hopefully Sumner has a few ripper games so we can use him as trade bait at the end of the year. The player I am most looking forward to seeing kick on this year is Tom Nichols. He was outstanding in the absence of Smith last year and I hope he cements his spot as the number 1 ruckman.
The amount of depth this year is really going to hold us in good stead come finals time. Hopefully Sam Day and Dixon can take some of the goal kicking load off Lynch and really propel the team forward.

Bolded = a handful of class players that you've quoted. You guys are spoilt in this regard overall but needed to add depth in the 2's so you actually have ready replacements to call on in the case of injury.

Very much looking forward to the new season and may even make it to a few games.. :)

How is Kolo's role affected by new recruit Malceski?

Does he push further up the ground or go further back and take the close to goal small forwards?

Also Ablett is said every year to be playing more forward never ends up really happening becoz the coach forgets how good he is onball and so much required he is there.

Hows JOM preseason going?

How is Kolo's role affected by new recruit Malceski?

Does he push further up the ground or go further back and take the close to goal small forwards?

Also Ablett is said every year to be playing more forward never ends up really happening becoz the coach forgets how good he is onball and so much required he is there.

Hows JOM preseason going?

Kade will play the other half back, Harbrow will move i and out of the midfield

The other mids, Jaeger, Prestia, Swallow, Bennell, Martian, Richsa, Hallahan etc will carry more of the load this year so Gary will "rest" in the forward line more often but he is still the best mid in the game so expect to see him in the middle alot again this year.

Jaeger is recovering well but not training with the main group yet. Its not worth risking him

hows lonergan been??

could really help you guys with his inside work this year
Training along with the other mids without any injury setbacks so far. Matched up with Swallow quite a lot I think, so should be good to see how he goes.

Kade will play the other half back, Harbrow will move i and out of the midfield

The other mids, Jaeger, Prestia, Swallow, Bennell, Martian, Richsa, Hallahan etc will carry more of the load this year so Gary will "rest" in the forward line more often but he is still the best mid in the game so expect to see him in the middle alot again this year.

Jaeger is recovering well but not training with the main group yet. Its not worth risking him

Hi Iva Bigun where do you see Trent McKenzie playing if KK is on the other half back flank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back