Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

so one every year?
Yep, and that's including Tippett. They've mostly been players like Tutt where Bulldogs didn't take the token pick they were offered.

No point making personal attacks ,
Better you direct your anger at the people within your club responsible for allowing a situation like this to exist ...
It's not anger, just amusement.
You're right.

We wouldn't want a player like Yarran on our list.

Well it's going to take something like that Carlton are delusional thinking they can get him via the psd.

Your just as delusional thinking you could get a top 5 pick and a player who would probably instantly be a top 10 player at Essendon.

I don't agree that Carlisle is going to walk into the PSD (you will get something decent for him) but thats more likely than what your suggesting.

He's (being Carlisle) is nowhere near a top 5 pick in terms of trade value. Whether you want yarran or not, that would be the worst trade from a carlton perspective that I can possibly imagine.
He's probably worth top 10 at least IMO. There are very few Carlton players I'd look at however, maybe a Jayden Foster

Your just as delusional thinking you could get a top 5 pick and a player who would probably instantly be a top 10 player at Essendon.

I don't agree that Carlisle is going to walk into the PSD (you will get something decent for him) but thats more likely than what your suggesting.

Doesn't have to be their top 5 pick Yarran+their late first rounder would be fine.

He's probably worth top 10 at least IMO. There are very few Carlton players I'd look at however, maybe a Jayden Foster

If the WB have been scarred off by apparently "not fitting in culturally to our club" I'm certain others would be as well. I don't neccasarily disagree with you a pick in the 8 - 10 range for a straight swap is reasonable deal.

Who is going to offer that up to you guys, well I doubt many if any would. Someone like NM or Richmond could particularly if their first pick falls outside the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what did Essendon get for Ryder who was under contract?

Most would consider Ryder more valuable than Carlisle.

Jake Carlisle is out of contract and we don't have to trade for him.

We should have 2nd or 3rd pick in pre season draft and all he needs to do is nominate Carlton as his preferred destination.

We will offer pick 75 as compensation because we are nice guys.

Jake Carlisle is out of contract and we don't have to trade for him.

We should have 2nd or 3rd pick in pre season draft and all he needs to do is nominate Carlton as his preferred destination.

We will offer pick 75 as compensation because we are nice guys.
Only 1 small problem and that would be his asking price, he isnt going to budge on what he wants and I think that would scare most clubs off including Carlton

GWS were willing to part with their first pick (4) for Ryder, Carlisle is worth somewhere between the 8-10 region.
I take it Ryder did not want to go to GWS.

Carlisle is out of contract and if GWS offer pick 8 or whatever they have and he doesn't want to go to Sydney then Essendon will need to find a club that is willing to deal with them which also suits his needs.

I take it Ryder did not want to go to GWS.

Carlisle is out of contract and if GWS offer pick 8 or whatever they have and he doesn't want to go to Sydney then Essendon will need to find a club that is willing to deal with them which also suits his needs.
Correct, Ryder thought Port were closer to a flag than GWS (whoops)

If he were to move, his needs would be a Victorian club that gives him 600k+ a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back