Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be very surprised if TWO PLANKS isn't correct with his information, but what I do know is the Carlilse camp wouldn't like this being plasters over BIG FOOTY as it would be very easy to find out who he is..
Going to the Craigieburn GF this week TWO PLANKS?

Internet credibility is serious business pal.

He isn't a free agent, he is out of contract. As Carlton will either have the first or second pick in the PSD (where he can nominate his price) they can use that as leverage to get a trade done.
Essendon will threaten to offer Luenburger 500K a season, to get Brisbane band one compo. Then trade pick 5 for pick 2. Leverage :rolleyes:

Essendon will threaten to offer Luenburger 500K a season, to get Brisbane band one compo. Then trade pick 5 for pick 2. Leverage :rolleyes:

I just think if he nominates Carlton and is not prepared to go elsewhere, then you're probably going to get screwed (particularly if rumours of disparaging comments he's made about the club are correct). As much as Brisbane may threaten to take him in the PSD, given the issues they are having with players wanting to leave, I can't see them investing $800k a season in a player who doesn't want to be there just on the basis of making a point.

I'm still holding out some hope he is prepared to come to North, and would happily offer our first rounder to get it done. There was a rumour one of the Adelaide players asked him where he'd be next season and he replied "Carlton or North" which I've heard from several places.

I just think if he nominates Carlton and is not prepared to go elsewhere, then you're probably going to get screwed (particularly if rumours of disparaging comments he's made about the club are correct). As much as Brisbane may threaten to take him in the PSD, given the issues they are having with players wanting to leave, I can't see them investing $800k a season in a player who doesn't want to be there just on the basis of making a point.

I'm still holding out some hope he is prepared to come to North, and would happily offer our first rounder to get it done. There was a rumour one of the Adelaide players asked him where he'd be next season and he replied "Carlton or North" which I've heard from several places.
Carlisle will NOT risk going to Brisbane. He will want a trade with North or St Kilda over the risk of PSD to Carlton.

It wouldn't just be on the basis of making a point. It would also be about picking up a very talented player without having to give basically anything up.

A very talented player who doesn't want to be there and has shown his on field attitude stinks when his head isn't right.

They may well take him if it eventuates that way, I just don't see it. Reckon the negatives would outweigh the positives.

Carlisle will NOT risk going to Brisbane. He will want a trade with North or St Kilda over the risk of PSD to Carlton.

I just don't get the desire for Carlisle to actually want to go to Carlton in the current state they are in-which is marginally better or maybe even worse then his current club.
There are plenty of suitable clubs that Carlisle would comfortably fit in to. Like 16 other clubs!!!

So I got wondering. I wonder if the contract Carlton are proposing might be along the lines of Sydney and Buddy.

Maybe 8 million over ten years?

Cmon some of the more confident posters here can enlighten us

I just don't get the desire for Carlisle to actually want to go to Carlton in the current state they are in-which is marginally better or maybe even worse then his current club.
There are plenty of suitable clubs that Carlisle would comfortably fit in to. Like 16 other clubs!!!

So I got wondering. I wonder if the contract Carlton are proposing might be along the lines of Sydney and Buddy.

1) Maybe Jake is just a young bloke who got drafted to PLAY for Essendon and doesn't have the natural hatred toward Carlton that Essendon SUPPORTERS have.

2) Maybe Carlton has offered him certainty and very nice contractual terms, ie comfort.

3) Maybe he is a bloke who has the footy ability but not really the absolute love of the game and hunger to drive himself into the ground that footy today demands.

4) Maybe what has happened to him the last 3 years at EFC has excacerbated 3) and made 2) very enticing,

5) Maybe 2), 3) and 4) are what makes me reluctant to want him in his(past and current) and our(current and future) circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First thing i've read that makes him sound like a Carlton player.

I think that's why i mentioned that i'm reluctant that he comes to us.

I want new young leaders who drive a vibrant, working and winning future.

No bullshit , conditional footballers like who have infested the joint lately. The failures of our Management have allowed many of our players to get away with being conditional.

I'm hoping with a new broom being swept thru the Management of the Club that a new attitude is demanded of our future players.

Our next Coach and next bunch of young playing leaders are vitally important to our medium term future.

I am really not upset if he leaves as long as he doesn't screw his teammates and goes to psd.
I think jake needs a strong culture around him which we don't have.
I would be shattered if we lost a Hurley or a hooker

1) Maybe Jake is just a young bloke who got drafted to PLAY for Essendon and doesn't have the natural hatred toward Carlton that Essendon SUPPORTERS have.

2) Maybe Carlton has offered him certainty and very nice contractual terms, ie comfort.

3) Maybe he is a bloke who has the footy ability but not really the absolute love of the game and hunger to drive himself into the ground that footy today demands.

4) Maybe what has happened to him the last 3 years at EFC has excacerbated 3) and made 2) very enticing,

5) Maybe 2), 3) and 4) are what makes me reluctant to want him in his(past and current) and our(current and future) circumstances.

Whats option 6?

Yep, but unlike American sports, out of contract doesn't automatically mean free agent, as players need to have spent a certain amount of time at a club to qualify. A player who is simply out of contract can enter either draft, but can't choose where he signs.

The other difference is if a club matches another offer for a restricted free agent, the player doesn't automatically have to re-sign on those terms, like would happen in American sports. He can choose to seek a trade or let his contract expire and enter the draft (ie - Adelaide matching Geelong's contract offer to Dangerfield does not necessarily mean he will stay a Crow).

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

Cool. I get it now. :eek:) While reading your response I did recall a restriction about needing to have played so many games or be a certain age to just completely walk.

I still think Carlisle wants out. Not sure if Baguley feels the same way. I hope not. I don't want either to go because Carlisle could be a future gun & Baguley is a solid player now.

Thanks for filling me in.

I hope not but with where our list is at we could afford a stupid contract like that but I think SOS and co have learnt from the errors of our past and won't be going down that path again

SOS will make Jake one of the premier full backs in the competition with one on one tuition on big bucks. When he was at the Saints nurtured Sam Fisher into a premier defender.

If he happens to joins us our backline spine improves. SOS would be interested for sure. SOS is pretty convincing when he wants something.

B: Tuohy Carlisle Jamison
HB: Docherty Weitering Rice

SOS will make Jake one of the premier full backs in the competition with one on one tuition on big bucks. When he was at the Saints nurtured Sam Fisher into a premier defender.

If he happens to joins us our backline spine improves. SOS would be interested for sure. SOS is pretty convincing when he wants something.

B: Tuohy Carlisle Jamison
HB: Docherty Weitering Rice

Except SOS no longer coaches and won't have the time too

Serious amounts of hours is poured in as a list manager. Pretty much travelling all around Australia all year long

why_not_both.jpg

Fair enough, I here what you are saying and tend to agree with most points you made.
In my opinion I think he will request a trade and I don't blame him in a lot of ways.
But its got to be fair, the PSD isn't.

Point 2: most clubs can and would offer that. Maybe Carlton have trumped everyone else with 5-10 years?
Point 3. I think he does posses a strong desire/hunger to play the game at a high level. This has been expressed with his few outbursts which have been unfortunately publicised. Not everyone celebrates a goal like Joe Danihar. Its been a frustrating and disappointing year (ok ok three years) at Essendon! Carlton have had a few now too.

We will find out in a few weeks I suppose.

Fair enough, I here what you are saying and tend to agree with most points you made.
In my opinion I think he will request a trade and I don't blame him in a lot of ways.
But its got to be fair, the PSD isn't.

Point 2: most clubs can and would offer that. Maybe Carlton have trumped everyone else with 5-10 years?
Point 3. I think he does posses a strong desire/hunger to play the game at a high level. This has been expressed with his few outbursts which have been unfortunately publicised. Not everyone celebrates a goal like Joe Danihar. Its been a frustrating and disappointing year (ok ok three years) at Essendon! Carlton have had a few now too.

We will find out in a few weeks I suppose.

Yeah fair enough back atya.

But just on the bolded sentence. As the rules are currently written, a trade only has to be fair to the player and to the club of destination.

The PSD is part of those written rules.

In normal circumstances, it is the unwritten rule of the player not wanting to shaft his old club and teammates that prevents quality players from using the PSD.

In Jake's case their are some unnormal circumstances.

Whether he stays, goes, goes to whom, and how he goes to whom will unfold in a few weeks time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back