Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

So if Essendon are easy to deal with they must have been able to trade in a lot of gun players over the years like the Hawks did.
Easy to get guys to go to a flag contender like the Hawks.
If I had an option of $1m a year to play at a bottom side or $150k a year to play at the Hawks or a contender im taking the $150k every time

hmm. Two early second rounders wouldn't be the worst result. Even though I know he'll end up a gun. Reminds me of when we were offered two second rounders from the Hawks for Hooker (shudder), they're an elite trading outfit. There's a reason why they were red hot on Carlisle last year.

It's been suggested maybe Carlisle and pick 4 for pick 1 and 2 second rounders.

That last trade has Carlisle's value as being equivalent to pick 2 according to the AFL points system and the draft calculator bergholt came up with accordingly. Massive premium to go from 4 to 1.

Take out the second 2nd rounder and his value is still at #5. Take out the first 2nd rounder and his value is #19.

Let's say we rate Carlisle at #10. #10 and #4 is still 500 points down on #1 and #20.

It shows #20 and #21 as being worth #6. Don't necessary agree with that but the points system is all we have.
https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#Carlisle,|20,21,

a) not in your case.
b) afl ratings has them both therabouts, behind Jesse White ( for perspective ) I don't agree with the AFL ratings, but i doubt they are biased against Essendon.
c) Melbourne are not yet in a position that other clubs will try to emulate them. There is no reason why this example of precedent would need to be followed.
d) wrong. He will not be at essendon.
e) Its not.

AFL rankings have taken into consideration his time as a forward, which I think for the most part was a poor move on the behalf of James Hird and Bomber Thompson. I think we've all come to terms with the fact that he won't be at Essendon, you're failing to understand my simple point. Give what Essendon asks or you don't get him, Carlton does. What's so hard to understand about that? Why is it that the entire AFL community is able to accept that Henderson for pick 9 would be a fair trade when the younger Carlisle with a bigger upside and probably the better player is only worth pick 20 in the eyes of Saints fans? I think you guys are the ones that are biased, both players are out of contract. So yeah, you're *******s.

AFL rankings have taken into consideration his time as a forward, which I think for the most part was a poor move on the behalf of James Hird and Bomber Thompson. I think we've all come to terms with the fact that he won't be at Essendon, you're failing to understand my simple point. Give what Essendon asks or you don't get him, Carlton does. What's so hard to understand about that? Why is it that the entire AFL community is able to accept that Henderson for pick 9 would be a fair trade when the younger Carlisle with a bigger upside and probably the better player is only worth pick 20 in the eyes of Saints fans? I think you guys are the ones that are biased, both players are out of contract. So yeah, you're *******s.

Carlisle wants a 700k a year 5 year contract, Henderson wants a lot less money and less years. I also don't think we'll get pick 9 for henderson anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it funny that people are posting that Essendon is hard to deal with. Every club would be hard to trade with because everyone wants the best result for their club & if they didn't they'd be unemployed. Name one club that has said we'll give you a gun player for next to nothing because we're nice guy & good to deal with???
It's not really the point
It's that your like the sketch in Monty Python you have to haggle and drag it out until the death
The deal is done as it was with crameri
But the pain is excruciating
Dodoro should sell glasses in Bali

I find it funny that Saints will miss out on both Carlisle and Bailey Rice
Miss out on Rice? Dude he's a 3rd/4th round pick that St Kilda won't lose sleep over if he doesn't pick them.

Pick 9 for Henderson then on trade to EFC for Carlisle is a good result.
Except that #9 will be going to Adelaide.

Give what Essendon asks or you don't get him, Carlton does. What's so hard to understand about that?

Nothing, Carlton have had the PSD up their sleeve since the end of the season.

For us, if the price is too much for us he goes elsewhere, that's always been the case.

Pick 5 is too high a price on his contract.

Why is it that the entire AFL community is able to accept that Henderson for pick 9 would be a fair trade when the younger Carlisle with a bigger upside and probably the better player is only worth pick 20 in the eyes of Saints fans?

I'd give up 5 for Carlisle before I'd give up 9 for Henderson.

I think you guys are the ones that are biased, both players are out of contract. So yeah, you're *******s.

such wit, is school not back this week?

If StKilda offer him more salary than Carlton are willing to offer him AND he goes into the draft nominating that salary, how will he possibly end up at Carlton?

I find it funny that Saints will miss out on both Carlisle and Bailey Rice
I find it funny that you think Carlisle and Rice are certain to go to Carlton. Carlisle is a genuine 50/50, some people say St Kilda, some say Carlton. But I think I speak for most St Kilda supporters on Rice, Rice is worth a 3rd/4th rounder and we may not even need him, the only reason we'd want him is to annoy Carlton supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back