Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the Essendon position today it looks like the only way the trade will occur is if we get a third party involved, give them pick 16 and something and then they pass a player onto the Dons.
So Essendon supporters, which positions are you weak in ?
They wont be sure until all the players who want out let them know.

Goodness me Port are dreamers. Pretty sure the bombers beat them this year without Watson at .... the Portress!! Seriously it wouldn't be fair on Paddy listening to a bunch of bogans singing that song prior to the game. I mean if you want to copy English football clubs WHY COULDN'T YOU SEE THAT THEIR SONGS HAVE A CRESCENDO!! You'll never tear us apart doesn't!!

Think about the ending of "You'll never walk alone" ... then think about the crap guitar lick and cheesy sax solo you guys punish humanity with!!

Essendon may pass Port next year, why give away one of our keys. Paddy would be equal 2nd most important player along with Goddard and Heppell behind Watson. If you don't come up with a deal that sees our list as strong as it would with Paddy Ryder in it then we're not taking the deal. That is what fair compensation is.

Goodness me Port are dreamers. Pretty sure the bombers beat them this year without Watson at .... the Portress!! Seriously it wouldn't be fair on Paddy listening to a bunch of bogans singing that song prior to the game. I mean if you want to copy English football clubs WHY COULDN'T YOU SEE THAT THEIR SONGS HAVE A CRESCENDO!! You'll never tear us apart doesn't!!

Think about the ending of "You'll never walk alone" ... then think about the crap guitar lick and cheesy sax solo you guys punish humanity with!!

Essendon may pass Port next year, why give away one of our keys. Paddy would be equal 2nd most important player along with Goddard and Heppell behind Watson. If you don't come up with a deal that sees our list as strong as it would with Paddy Ryder in it then we're not taking the deal. That is what fair compensation is.
Essendon are better because NTUA doesnt have a crescendo?

Port should give pick 16 & throw in a player surplus to needs or a 3rd rounder, & I think Essendon should accept it and move on. Sorry Bombers, but after the shit you pout your players through over the past 2 years, if they want to move on, you should take what you can get and let them move on.
We offered that and it was rejected.

310.gif

Good to see Essendon are keeping up their reputation for being extremely difficult to deal with.

Hartlet FFS. Essendon are not in a position of power, Ryder wants to leave Hartlet does not.

I understand Ryder wants out and has good reason. But don't think they should accept pick 16 and change. They may in the end and I guess it will depend on if they think Ryder will take the matter further. I don't see why port or any other team should benefit to such an extent.
Port may need to find another pick first round or early second to get it done.

It's a massive risk for us. If Ryder is banned for 2 years (very very possible), he will be 29 before he plays a game for us. Still worth more than pick 16?

Rd1 2010 Darren Jolly was 28 yo. He was 28 yo at the end of the 2010 season

Rd1 2015 Paddy Ryder will be 27yo. He will be 27yo at the end of the 2015 season.

Lets not try exaggerate the age difference. There's enuff BS flying around as it is.
Semantics. Lets make it easy. At the time of trades Jolly was turning 28. Paddy Ryder will be 26.

Its a 2 year difference and thats how it will be seen.

My point still stands. Jolly could play one position, Ryder can play 20. Jolly still wasnt even that good, had what 1-2-3 years there and that was about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why so mad?

...Jolly could play one position, Ryder can play 20...

I am sure Jolly could play a second position, the bench..

Anyhoo, I am thinking Essendon are going to play hard ball on this one. They do not have to release Ryder as it stands, if he chooses to go down the contract clause path, expect Essendon to take the legal path. He could be sitting on the sidelines for a year or two whilst it is fought out between QCs. Essendon already have form in this area recently. If they let him go for anything less than a win in their favour, it will be painted as a loss for Essendon and it will turn on a green light for everyone else to start testing the market.

Semantics. Lets make it easy. At the time of trades Jolly was turning 28. Paddy Ryder will be 26.

Its a 2 year difference and thats how it will be seen.

My point still stands. Jolly could play one position, Ryder can play 20. Jolly still wasnt even that good, had what 1-2-3 years there and that was about it.

Semantics my arse. You were disingeniously trying to portray that when Jolly was traded he was 3 years older than what Paddy will be if he is traded. Now youre trying the 2 year diff bullshit.

27y 11 months versus 26y 7 months is NOT 3 years. Its not even 18 months. Stop bullshitting.

I seem to remember Essendon trying to get a first rounder from us for Kepler Bradley. Or whatever it was, we just ended up laughing at them. Then they delisted him and we drafted him with a 5th rounder.

Maybe Port could offer up Cornes for Goddard? They both finished 3rd in the B&F, so based on Essendon's logic, they would be more than happy with that deal.

I seem to remember Essendon trying to get a first rounder from us for Kepler Bradley. Or whatever it was, we just ended up laughing at them. Then they delisted him and we drafted him with a 5th rounder.

Maybe Port could offer up Cornes for Goddard? They both finished 3rd in the B&F, so based on Essendon's logic, they would be more than happy with that deal.
Well you took Ridley and Delaney.

they maybe but we wouldnt thats for sure, cornes to be the next boomer or fletcher

It's a huge risk. Once SCN re issued perhaps he'll make a deal.

If he can. All these deals are just speculation. I haven't seen anywhere that McDevitt has offered up deals, and if he did, I'm sure that fish bolted a long long time ago. With WADA publicly stating displeasure at the deals the NRL players got, I'm almost certain they won't be so lenient with the EFC. We already have gus, so, that could be 2 players out for anywhere up to 2 years. Not great at all.

You're more likely to pass a few other sides heading in the other direction. Id have you as the most likely finals side to drop out - with adelaide/west coast etc on the rise.
Even worse you're replacing a guy that can seriously coach with hird. I wonder if they will add tania to the coaches box - she seems to make every other decision for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back