Traded Ryan Griffen + Pick 6 traded for Tom Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait a minute. The Dogs are trading their 1st round pick as well?

Boom!

Great to see that the deal was done, more for Griffen than anyone else.

Feel like the Dogs gave up a little too much, would've been good if they snagged a second rounder or something with it.

Time will tell, Boyd has done nothing, in fact looked lost in many games this year but he is only 19.

Griffen and 6 could be a great deal or a flop depending on how Boyd turns out

$6m over 6 years for a bloke who has played 7 games.

Dogs had to take the risk, but wow that is a big risk to take on a bloke who could be the next Jack Watts.

Rabble? What else could they had done?

I say its the best result for the Bulldogs.
Wait until he's off contract, refuse to trade Griffen and certainly kept pick 6. There's a kid by the name of Peter Wright who 'may' be available at #6, and he'll be a better player than Boyd ever will.

One of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Good deal for the Dogs' needs. Griffen won't be around for their next premiership and would've been a bad influence to keep around the club after the way he treated them, and getting Tom Boyd into their club is unquestionably worth pick 6. Also helps them save face out of what seemed like being caught between a rock and a hard place after their posturing on Griffen last week.

We have a genuine young KPF for the first time in 20 years.

Probably overs but gives us hope for next year.

Giants had a chance to make a statement over Boyd. They chose to roll over.

Liam Pickering just bluffed you.
Hardly. He was going anyway. We all knew it. Just expected it next year.
We made the same statement the dogs did. He isnt for trade. Yet somehow we are the fools.
Yet we have just got 6 griff and help paying him for boyd. Think we won there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until he's off contract, refuse to trade Griffen and certainly kept pick 6. There's a kid by the name of Peter Wright who 'may' be available at #6, and he'll be a better player than Boyd ever will.

One of the worst trades I've ever seen.

Your jelly is delicious...

Tom Boyd >>>>> Mitch Clark >>>>> Rhys Stanley

For those that are saying that the bullies paid too much, do you think the saints would have traded their pick 1 this draft for Griffin (even if he wanted to go there)?

No way.

Boyd is a pick 1 and a good one at that. It was always going take more than Griffin.

I hope it turns out for the Bulldogs.

You just traded Allen Christensen for Rhys Stanley.

STFU.
No we traded pick 21 for Stanley. We had no choice to get the best deal possible for Bundy...he was gone regardless.

Besides that, I'm happy with Stanley.

Your jelly is delicious...

Tom Boyd >>>>> Mitch Clark >>>>> Rhys Stanley
Lol. It's not myself overrating unproven 7 game players.

[QUOTE"cammo78, post: 35730330, member: 32183"]You just traded Allen Christensen for Rhys Stanley.

STFU.

That Is gold. I just laughed my head off until I realized that I barrack for geelong and you are right.

Good luck for the dogs, hope it all goes well. Would love to see you guys have success.

The deal is 4, 6 and 7 for 1, 21 and 22.[/QUOTE]

You got mail or just gut feel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back