No Oppo Supporters Umpiring in the grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk to the hand.....

Mine, not yours, I know what you do with yours

it was almost as good as 2012 except with the roles reversed.
I am sorry but what? How was this match anything like 2012 but roles reversed? Did they have an injured Goodes like player in the front half? Did they get reamed by the umps? Did they have one of the greatest cameos in history like Morton? Did they beat an interstate team on their home ground? This match was nothing like 2012. It was 2016 where we got ****ed over badly by the umps. Anyone that denies it is being ignorant. Everyone is analyzing this game left right and centre in regards to the umpiring and rightly so but their only needs to be one thing said about the whole game that instantly says we never stood a chance against the fairytale. That is simply being that we laid 101 tackles for one bloody HTB. ONE! What the actual *??! We were stuffed the moment the Dogs beat GWS in the prelim. We should've known better.

The 50 against McHack was bad as well

Umps can scream touched Gary... touched Gary 50 million times to attempt to nullify a Swans scoring opportunity but can't direct McVeigh as to which Bulldogs player was infringed and the ball should have gone to before immediately paying 50m. Very convenient selective communication from the men in yellow.

I do think they'll seek an explanation. It won't change anything but they do have to register their displeasure. They owe it to their members.

Are you reading this Andrew?
If they do, it will be behind closed doors and not played out in the media so we will probably never know.
There seems to be a consensus around here that they sit back and take it, personally I think that is very far from the actual truth they're extremely professional in their approach.

That's harsh Bedders, and he/she has a point. I know (well knew) a number of these blokes at City Hall and it's an MCC love-in. They're fed all sorts of bullshit about Victorian clubs not standing a chance. Any non-Blood in Victoria last week would have been sucked in by the fairytale and as angry as I am, I can in some ways understand Jeffrey's umpiring. The pressure was overwhelming.

The difference between calling Gil on the phone (Ireland) and walking into his office (Gordon/Maguire) is immense. And the media narrative around Victorian clubs being the victims of all powerful interstaters is relentless.
This is what made his appointment a little mind-boggling, if after 16 years and 300 games he had never been good enough to officiate a single GF previously the guy was obviously out of his depth in what everyone including blind freddy knew would be an ultra pressure-cooker environment. Whoever was on the umpire selection panel that selected him should take a good hard long look at themselves in the mirror because their decision to appoint him was in reality worse than his performance on the day.

Watching the replay, I'm actually less inclined to say it was cheating, but there were a few howlers that cost us, and I was probably about right in saying it gave the Dogs a 2-3 goal advantage on the day. Given they did win by 22, it would be unfair to say we were robbed as they were brilliant, but in a close grand final, it might have been the difference. The sucky part is we'll never know if it truly did cost us a flag or not. :(

Would you say we were cooked when Hanners did his knee? That blow out didn't occur until late in the game when we were down a rotation. We were still within a kick, and literally ran out of legs when they took his out from under him.

Well the umps not protecting the players from sliding all day allowed that to happen.

Doggies were good. They smelled blood in the water and were good enough to capitalise.

But yes. The umpiring cost us. Just on the Hanners injury alone.

Watching the replay now I will say no, it didn't. But we were stiff.
Stop trying to be so diplomatic RW. Of course it cost us the match. At least a dozen odd poor decision, 4-5 of which ended in goals, and then you have the non-decisions which cost us goals. It cost us a premiership.

Watching the replay now I will say no, it didn't. But we were stiff.
It may not have "cost us the game" but it cost us an even chance at the game!

Jack slide could possibly have been a two goal turnaround on its own, play on advantage and there was a likely shot at goal coming....look at the score and the time....

---
sport

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

sport
(spôrt)
n.

a. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

What we had on Saturday was not sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure if I am being a sore loser or still too angry but I don't think they were that brilliant. Maybe I will concede they were better overall (4th quarter really but I think we were deflated at that stage) but I really think the umpiring made them look better. If some of those decisions went our way we could have been further in front at half time and in front at three quarter time and it is a different ballgame. I also think the margin flattered them a little as by the end we were being a little risky as time was running out.
In a practical sense it wasn't a 22 point margin. They got those last couple of goals after our guys had essentially given up knowing that there was no hope of victory. It was more like 10 points and there was much more that a 10 point differential in the umpire bias.

Fight fire with fire. Afl want to cheat?? Ok.

Call mitchell to a meeting. "Hi tom, we want to keep you. The swans have bought a property inner city strata unit with views all out over the harbour tom in our names paid for $100k interest by us each year. Here is a signed transfer too relating to that property for$1 consideration transferring it to your name at end of your contract. I don't need to tell you do I that the transfer should be kept in a safety deposit box at your bank. Welcome back matey!!!"

And at some point have a meeting by the swans amongst all afl execs and team execs at that property and comment

"Wonderful view don't you think?"

Gil pipes up and says

"It's wonderful to see the swans doing so well financially".

"Yes we've taken a leaf out of afl books and we 'manage' things well now".

Call mitchell to a meeting. "Hi tom, we want to keep you. The swans have bought a property inner city strata unit with views all out over the harbour tom in our names paid for $100k interest by us each year. Here is a signed transfer too relating to that property for$1 consideration transferring it to your name at end of your contract. I don't need to tell you do I that the transfer should be kept in a safety deposit box at your bank. Welcome back matey!!!"

And at some point have a meeting by the swans amongst all afl execs and team execs at that property and comment

Gil pipes up and says

Love it +11111111

That is simply being that we laid 101 tackles for one bloody HTB. ONE! What the actual ****??! We were stuffed the moment the Dogs beat GWS in the prelim. We should've known better.

I said to my swans mate on Wednesday before the game u guys will get fkd over by the umps this week...it was all about the crowd the fairy tale etc
I knew it would happen.Should of written it on here.

Hawthorn laid 104 tackles against the Dogs the week before and they just dropped it each time...hawks got rewarded 3 times for it.

5 frees in a GF give me a break.

I said to my swans mate on Wednesday before the game u guys will get fkd over by the umps this week...it was all about the crowd the fairy tale etc
I knew it would happen.Should of written it on here.

Hawthorn laid 104 tackles against the Dogs the week before and they just dropped it each time...hawks got rewarded 3 times for it.

5 frees in a GF give me a break.
Yeah mate I must admit I thought Clarko was just being sour after straight setting but he was right about the Dogs. Have received a golden ride. Most of us knew (if you go to our preview thread) that this was going to be a problem but I suppose we didn't think it would be this big of a problem.

Umps can scream touched Gary... touched Gary 50 million times to attempt to nullify a Swans scoring opportunity but can't direct McVeigh as to which Bulldogs player was infringed and the ball should have gone to before immediately paying 50m. Very convenient selective communication from the men in yellow.

I said this very thing on the day.......stupid rule when there is so much ambient noise.......must be changed.

Look once the umps gifted them a prelim win we knew this was coming

i predicted 8 free kicks to sydney
i said the dogs have been carried by the umps most of the year

the swans should of adjusted perhaps, this is just common knowledge

thats why this is a one off flag, umps surely wake up next year

Gil pipes up and says

Just like Collingwood do for Taylor adams. Free Lexus lease + a very nice apartment rent free. Just like geelong did for there players at Armstrong creek...... Cheap blocks/land zoned for development.

Maybe our player need to stumble upon brief cases of cash in the park....

When you were 8 points up with a minute to go in the half and they paid ridiculous free and then 50 to McLean you knew they were cheating. No way in the world the umpire wasnt biased in that call he coudnt possibly have gotten it so wrong. They also scored from the entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back