Autopsy Cats def Dogs 104-81

Remove this Banner Ad

One way umpiring down at the cattery. It makes a difference. They get away with everything and of course you aren't allowed to lay a finger on them the other way.

You'll pump them in the finals
Hope so, would love to hammer them in a knockout final where it hurts most after all the drubbings they gave to us in the 90s-00s.

Unfortunately, we are in a rut, even though we haven't been belted. 5-4 is an awful position and at best we probably finish 5th-6th this year, however if we can't play good consistent footy and string 3-4-5 wins in a row then we may struggle to even make it.

Wallis and Boyd were superb, Dickson solid and we'll only get better with Roughy and Stringer back. I'm feeling optimistic about the 2nd half of the season, remember we were 5-5 in 2015 and won 9 of the next 12. Most of our guys will improve.

And has anyone mentioned we kicked more goals than behinds for the first time since round 2?*

Some s**t went against us in the last quarter, but we can't blame the umpires for the 2nd quarter collapse. Plus the old saying about throwing stones in glass houses when we bag opposition fans for sooking about umpiring.

* Now clutching at straws for positives :oops:

''the dogs are dangerous they are good at throwing the ball around and throwing it back over there heads'' his words btw not trying to start anything mods

You are too stupid for words sometimes.

When someone says 'they belted us' are you under the impression that they are literally inferring that the person/team look their belt off and whipped them with it?

Bev got out coached once again.

Lost tackle count
Smashed in the midfield
Lost clearances
Couldn't get it out of their f50 from the kick in

Geelong were also a man down and we still couldn't run over them.

Bont didn't have a good game
Jong was well but faded out in periods of the game
Suckling is overhyped, has some nice kicks but that's it
Smith was excellent in 1st qtr but couldn't keep up after that
Macrae wasn't as dominate as he can be

Can't believe people are negative about Dahl, Dale, Williams and Adams

Best for us was Boyd and Wallis

Very dissapointing. Bevo would've circled this game and failed big time. Simply out coached once again. We know SS is such a narrow ground and we had the same old attempt to bomb it down the line to get it out

Dont blame the umpires, yes they missed few decisions but if we kept our midfield domination like last year, they wouldn't of had the ball so much.

Starting to really worry about our backline next year. Possible ones going: Morris, Moyd, Murphy, Adams and JJ. People are already being too precious and whinging about Williams who is just getting into the game.

You are too stupid for words sometimes.

When someone says 'they belted us' are you under the impression that they are literally inferring that the person/team look their belt off and whipped them with it?
not the only one who took it as him taking a subtle dig. and you really are full of your self arent you

Another disappointing and frustrating loss, made more painful by some bad umpiring decisions that cost us dearly in a tight match. I'm hoping that a scathing internal review of this match will help cure the umpiring fraternity of their recent myopia when adjudicating our games.

Bev's gambles at selection didn't quite work out as hoped, and our lack of forward and midfield marking targets continued to hurt us throughout the game.

Mitch Wallis had an awesome comeback match, and a few others made some positive if less impressive progress. Although I thought he was lucky to get a game this week, I quite liked Bailey Dale's match and thought he took a step forward.

Bailey Williams however needs to learn the Clint Eastwood rule; "Man's got to know his limitations!"
His decision in the last quarter to attempt an inside-out kick through centre half forward instead of a straight pass to an open team mate on the flank, essentially snuffed out our last hope of victory.

I think he needs to spend a couple of weeks watching Dirty Harry movies and playing VFL before he is considered for senior selection again.

Travis Cloke also had a stinker, and I suggest he needs to start looking at himself for answers rather than everybody around him.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but I think Lin Jong's game tonight has been massively over rated by both the media and some on this forum.
Sure he got a lot of the ball and that is important, but for all the possession he had he had nowhere near the sort of impact that he should have had with it.

Too rarely does something good eventuate from him getting the ball, and tonight too many times he missed the opportunities to do that something good, typically choosing to give an unnecessary handball to someone in a worse position instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really happy for Wallis. Thought he put in a really good performance first up. He will only build on this, and once we get the normal Libba back, we will be in the hunt with one of the better midfields in the competition.

Dickson showed some positive signs, and a welcome addition to the forward line. Good hit up lead and set shot. Exactly what the doctor ordered. Can't wait for Stringer to return as a partner in crime.

Thought TBoyd put in another great performance. His second in three weeks. We really need him to build on it.

Jong played well again, finally starting to use some of that pace effectively.

Daniel was impressive. Thought Wood and Macrae played well too.

Not going to focus on the negatives - I'm sure they have probably had enough airing in here already. We played two good quarters. Geelong played three and a half and deserved to win.

as an outsider watching the game i was super impressed with either bailey dale or bailey williams the one who kept breaking tackles and setting up run and carries looked a player and the first time i have really noticed them

That be bailey Williams and he's going to be a jet.

It's amazing how many posters on this board know more about coaching than Bevo.
Probably have better ideas on how to beat the cats than Bevo. He's not god, he gets things wrong. Tonight he, and match committee, got it wrong.

Only one person to blame for that loss and that is Bev

Not playing Libba against Danger when he totally destroyed him down there last year until he got injured

Playing Boyd Red and Cloke

Not tagging Danger or Selwood

Absolutely p!ss poor coaching I think Bev needs to stop reading his own mail and stop p!ssibg around.
Agree with all but Libba call. He's badly out of form and run out of chances. He may have slowed Danger down but he's not in the form he was last year so no guarantee. Worst yet he could have played and been even worse than what he was against the Eagles. One of the two calls MC got right. The other being Boyd out. I don't buy shoulder injury. I think dropped, but left him with his dignity.

I am stunned people are criticising Williams. Thought he was excellent. Showed a lot of endeavour. Sure, he got caught out a few times but that will happen when (i) you are inexperienced and (ii) you play attacking footy in defence. Give the kid a break. He is our replacement for Murphy - can't wait to see what he can produce after another 20-30 matches.

That kick of Williams' in the last quarter deserves criticism. Poor effort. Overall I was pleased with his game, he got involved more and for longer and is developing well . Not as pact as I would like but looks good.
For the VFL watchers- can he kick on both sides?

Sorry for mentioning good and bad about a player in the one post. Seems on this board if you mention a shortcoming you must be totally against the player.

Disappointed in Bev not tagging Dangerfield. I thought he might ask Picken to do it so as to limit Dangers effectiveness and also as a means of snapping Picken into some form. Picken has been off for weeks so nothing would be lost from his usual role. In Bev we trust I suppose.

Also I have been critical of Dale in recent weeks but to be fair I thought he played well for periods this week and was better than many others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back