News 2018 Pre-season, huff, puff, houses-trained-down and NEWS

Remove this Banner Ad

So do we prefer it when players bulk up making them stronger or bulk down making them faster?

I think the younger ones need to bulk up (within reason ) to survive the duration of the season and the wear and tear...

The older ones having gotten the bulk not so much.

But as always, a little of A and B... its not one or the other IMO.

GO Catters

Pretty happy with the training notes at the bottom of that K-Rock article as well.

Linc was there training with the 1-4 players. And Gregson and Narkle were also both on the track, albeit away from the main group.

I would love to end up seeing a strong contest between the likes of this trio for a spot in the seniors as '18 wears on.

Let's be honest we are all going to randy marsh a little if we see pics of Gaz back at all this week (or just early) even just there in the gear doing light running

I dropped into the club Friday last week and Cocky and Cunico were on St Marys having a kick then doing some 400s I think..

Both looked fit already but what stood out to me was the sheer power in cocky, even kicking the ball.. the hammered one 50m at Cunico that would have barely gone over Zac Smiths head. (Exaggeration obviously but it was a flat bullet of a kick)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dropped into the club Friday last week and Cocky and Cunico were on St Marys having a kick then doing some 400s I think..

Both looked fit already but what stood out to me was the sheer power in cocky, even kicking the ball.. the hammered one 50m at Cunico that would have barely gone over Zac Smiths head. (Exaggeration obviously but it was a flat bullet of a kick)
I was told today by someone in the know that Ablett Jnr has been going half-hearted for the last two years protecting his shoulder in preparation for a fair dinkum crack once he returned to Geelong. He'll play predominantly midfield next year and is ready to dominate.

I was told today by someone in the know that Ablett Jnr has been going half-hearted for the last two years protecting his shoulder in preparation for a fair dinkum crack once he returned to Geelong. He'll play predominantly midfield next year and is ready to dominate.

I know you’re only repeating what you’ve heard but that’s not especially impressive. I hope it’s not true....

I know you’re only repeating what you’ve heard but that’s not especially impressive. I hope it’s not true....
Yeah I tend to agree, while it should work for us if true..
It's a pretty average attitude, maybe this year I can somewhat understand as they knocked back his trade request.. but 2 years doesn't sound right or good

It's a pretty average attitude, maybe this year I can somewhat understand as they knocked back his trade request.. but 2 years doesn't sound right or good

Yep. It may not be true, and could be just a rumour.

But, if it was any opposition player doing anything close to that, the more self-righteous would be infuriated by the lack of professionalism.

I like it! He carried that club enough on his own.
The Suns hardly lived up to their end with training facilities + signed drug dealers etc.

I have no news or mail..

But imo.. IF GAJ fully engages this season he could be a 25% better player again.

And I don’t mean stats per se, but what he can bring to the team. Opposition sides can’t ignore him - and if they do they do so at their own peril - he’ll either draw attention to himself and hep others in what process or be left to his devices and he’s still good enough 1 on 1.. and having his head and heart fully vested in this.. the potential is.... welll..... firm...

Go Catters

Agree, but as this stuff is mostly theoretical to us mere plebs, we do tend to hold these guys to unrealistically high standards. Ever been disillusioned at work? It happens, especially as you get a bit older and when you have other (more important) stuff on your mind (like illnesses in the family etc) - they are just people like the rest of us, flawed and imperfect.

He is good at footy though, so let’s judge him on how he does that for us over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Agree, but as this stuff is mostly theoretical to us mere plebs we do tend to hold these guys to unrealistically high standards. Ever been disillusioned at work? It happens, especially as you get a bit older and when you have other (more important) stuff on your mind (like illnesses in the family etc) - they are just people like the rest of us, flawed and imperfect.

Depends. Ever been paid a million bucks a year?

Gaz may have been protecting himself in regards to making sure he was as close to 100% as possible before getting on to the ground, but once he ran out there, he wasn't in self preservation mode. Averaged 6 tackles and 7.5 clearances over the last 2 years.

Managed their B+F also from 14 games shows his personal commitment when playing for them.
I doubt his integrity should be questioned, it's only common sense to protect yourself when injured. Therefore the 14 game season, but the on field commitment was always there.
We're getting a player ready to go round 1 thanks to his good management...so no issue for me as well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back