Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did say they are still best friends, so I don't think she took him to the cleaners.
Didn’t have to, giving her half is enough to change his circumstances.

Speaking from experience, I was set up financially and whilst on good terms, I’m starting over and it’s sucks.

Plenty of average lawyers around and depending on other family income and costs, $200k might not leave a lot spare. Say his missus doesn't work because he's away a lot and they've put 3 kids through private schools for a dozen years each. I don't know his actual circumstances, but it's not hard to see $200k being chewed up with ease.
OK I'll back off a bit :) he's not James Packer.
I wouldn't mind his pension though :)

More Politicians rorting the system.....And one of these flakes is the Victorian Attorney General..

When will this ever end.

So Vic Labor paid the money back, well whoopedy doo......only because they were found out.

And what do we get from Labor Premier Dan Andrews "Asked if anyone should lose their job over the scandal, the Premier indicated the answer was "no"."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/vic...r-2014-election-campaign-20180321-p4z5du.html
The Australian is running another story with Labor MPs contradicting Andrews that he never knew it was wrong.

Pokie Addict? :fire:

Given the crusade that got him started in politics, I'd be very surprised if he didn't have some exposure to a significant gambling problem. The question would be how close to him was the problem and did it impact him financially to some extent. I had a cousin that stole $700k from the bank that she worked for to fund her pokie habit. Her husband at the time had already bailed her out by paying out the extra credit cards and personal loans that he didn't know about the first time she got in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that could explain it, if he’s gone through a divorce he could have taken a big hit.

He might also be asset rich and cash-flow poor. Although, how many of us have a couple of hundred gorillas in the bank ready to deploy immediately. "Re-mortgage" really doesn't say a lot. He probably drew down the cash against his residential dwelling that had previously been fully paid off.

Given the crusade that got him started in politics, I'd be very surprised if he didn't have some exposure to a significant gambling problem. The question would be how close to him was the problem and did it impact him financially to some extent. I had a cousin that stole $700k from the bank that she worked for to fund her pokie habit. Her husband at the time had already bailed her out by paying out the extra credit cards and personal loans that he didn't know about the first time she got in trouble.
He did say that in his firm he was sick of people coming in with situations that were caused by the pokies and thats what got him going.

Tried here in Melbourne .....also tried 24 hour Supermarkets ....failed

Used the shelf filling time to trade .....sounded logical, but Supermarkets scaled back to 10pm -11pm ....that appears to be working fine
K-Mart has had 24-hour trading in Canberra for several years now. They even applied for an exemption, allowing them to do it on Christmas Day. Thankfully that was rejected.

I think the supermarkets have a good balance. They're open from 6am to midnight. They probably don't do a lot of trade after 9pm, but it's definitely handy having them open in case you do need something urgently.

Being open late means that you can go and do your shopping after work, any day of the week. This makes the shops less crowded on Saturday mornings and during "late night shopping". Yes, Canberra does still have late night shopping - but it only really affects the smaller specialty shops, not the supermarkets.

K-Mart has had 24-hour trading in Canberra for several years now. They even applied for an exemption, allowing them to do it on Christmas Day. Thankfully that was rejected.

I think the supermarkets have a good balance. They're open from 6am to midnight. They probably don't do a lot of trade after 9pm, but it's definitely handy having them open in case you do need something urgently.

Being open late means that you can go and do your shopping after work, any day of the week. This makes the shops less crowded on Saturday mornings and during "late night shopping". Yes, Canberra does still have late night shopping - but it only really affects the smaller specialty shops, not the supermarkets.
It was aimed at shift workers, and since supermarkets were doing night fill anyway , all they needed was 1 employee to man the self serve area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back