Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Andrew Gaff's penalty will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah...there's no winners in this..

Time to let it die.

What it shows even the sanest person is prone to a brain snap that can alter someones world..
.im highly trained in anger management theories and practices. Good people can have a brain snap. He will learn from this...hopefully brayshaw recovers well too physically and mentally.
Spot on. There are would be many people who would have done something they are ashamed of on the footy field, I know I have. Most people will get away with it and not have the scrutiny Gaff has had. He is obviously deeply remorseful, he will come back and make amends.

I think we learnt more about Gaff in the qtr and a half after the incident, he look shattered, didn't see any retaliation when he was regularly targeted.

None of us would want to be judged on our worst moments.
That is a meaningless aphorism. There are plenty of people who can be rightly judged on their worst moment.
If your worst moment is caving in someone's jaw with your first, I judge you.

I did get what I was after. A glimpse into the psyche of the average Hawk fan and the baffling reasons to dislike Gerard. One of the best in the business.
Poster is right, I dont care who he barracks for. Whately is a drama queen.

Channel 7 has a lot to answer for neutralizing the seriousness of many incidents.Unfortunately they love the violent elements of the sport and protect the perpetrators.

*makes unsubstantiated claim and worries about thug becoming a “victim”*
*jumps to crucifixion*

Classic 1-2 move.
No pun(ch) intended.
8 weeks is fair enough, the hysteria from Freo fans must cease. It's just torches and pitchforks sort of stuff....stop baying for more blood. He did the wrong thing, he's been punished for it and he's been genuinely remorseful and apologetic, he will miss the rest of the season and a finals series plus a couple of games next year. Yep, you are wanting a crucifixion alright!

8 weeks is fair enough, the hysteria from Freo fans must cease. It's just torches and pitchforks sort of stuff....stop baying for more blood. he did the wrong thing, he's been punished for it, he will miss the rest of the seaon and a finals series plus a couple of games next year. Yep, you are wanting a crucifixion alright!
I would lose my job and be deregistered by my professional body if I did what Gaff did. How about you?

I would lose my job and be deregistered by my professional body if I did what Gaff did. How about you?
You'd also be in jail, not having a ******* paid holiday. I couldn't care less about the perpetrator's mental well being.

Yep. Personally I thought the penalty had to be at least 6 weeks. I think Gaff knew this as well. After being handed the 8 weeks, he did look genuinely remorseful. Some players are remorseful for being caught, but Gaff did appear to be genuinely concerned about the welfare of the lad he hit, and accepted his penalty.

When Gaff was belted by those two Freo players, it reminded me of Leigh Matthews in 1985 when he belted Neville Bruns. Matthews was set upon by Geelong players, didn't fight back and just took his punishment. He's always said when he hit Bruns he thought to himself "What did I do THAT for?" and I think Gaff would have asked himself the same thing. He'd still be asking himself why he did it.

When May took out Martin he held his arms up and said 'do what you gotta' to the brisbane players. Despicable act, but at least he owned it, knew he would get hammered and didn't fight back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm saying that the 8 weeks wasn't enough ,but there is a larger penalty for the club, which balances it out a bit. Nesbitt saying they were golf buddies was a fabrication because they have never met.

How about
-own the action and actually show remorse rather than clapping on about “aiming for the chest”
-not lie about Brayshaw and Gaff playing golf together

For starters.
Well I read about it on some media outlet about the Golf matter although not sure which Brayshaw was mentioned - may have been the one from our Club - obviously if that's where Nissy got his info he should have checked it out. Do think he believed it and as I said it has been mentioned elsewhere.
Also I still believe it was the Chest he was originally aiming for if you look at it frame by frame and many in the media who in Melbourne also believe that's what happened. It just all went horribly wrong and the rest is history. If course if you choose not to believe that well then that's your pregorative but that doesn't make it true. You are obviously only looking at it through purple glasses. It's a tragedy what's happened to Andrew of course but hopefully with time he will make a full recovery. Have seen people who have sustained this type of injury from a motor accident and they have fully recovered.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - there's plenty of history within your Club regarding assault charges, drug charges and sexual harassment charges etc so I think we should all just settle and quit throwing darts etc. the decision has been made - should just let matters die and get on with things. All this vpchatter isn't going to change anything.

Eight was a safe number, not too low, not too high and easy to sell to all, including the two Perth teams. It is such a nice number, the AFL would be exceedingly happy with it, perhaps preemptively happy.

Once this year is done a dusted, we need to look at a minimum of half a season for events like this.

I'm saying that the 8 weeks wasn't enough ,but there is a larger penalty for the club, which balances it out a bit. Nesbitt saying they were golf buddies was a fabrication because they have never met.
It's never over until the fat lady sings - you only have to look at Western wBulldogs in 2016 and yourselves last year.

Back