Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Andrew Gaff's penalty will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The arrogance of the wce on show for all to see,gaff punches a player,Simpson’s he didn’t mean it,nisbett has denied and deflected for how many years ?
Gaff has changed his story how many times ?

That's the big question of course - think Simmo is going greyer by the day as it really has been an "Annus Horribles" with all the injuries to various players over the season (particularly Nic Nat) and now this with Gaff. Don't envy hm his job.
Yes, an Anus Horrilbilus it is, but not as bad as Collingwood just yet.You will need to find some late season gems, like Townsend and Graham and hope players like Willie Rioli and Yeo turn it on.

Thought 7 would have been more appropriate but 8 was the minimum by trial by media so was probably going to be that.

That said 8 weeks is nothing when it's all about the teeth. Seen that scenario many times where teeth get smashed and the roots eventually die or the teeth turn grey. Going to be an expensive surgery to get screw ins into the jaw and for a young bloke that's a tough thing to live with knowing his teeth are going to be an issue in years to come.

I've never gotten over a few head punches in footy and relive them both often. Physically no big deal but replaying the hit and feeling weak afterwards going to ground. He may have a few mental scars from it.
I thought with deep root canal/Implants etc that it was amazing what Dental Surgeons could do these days.

Its about right.

For Brayshaw its life changing
Implanted teeth aren't the same...

There's no winners in this....none...eastern states posters salivating over getting gaff now...

Freo fans angry..rightly so...

Wce fans ..well our flag chances take a hit..no nic nat no gaff...

We march on as one..

Its just s**t all round....its not good for anyone.

As the tribunal guy said good people do bad things..doesny make them bad people.

I sit with people whove robbed banks and stolen cars....arsonists .....violent offenders...some of them are bad...

What gaff did was bad....but hes a good guy who had a moment that wishes he had back.
100%

I believe he’s genuinely sorry. It was obvious on the bench.

He will beat himself up about it for a lot longer than 8 weeks I’m guessing.

Plenty of other have got to redemption, Leigh Matthews the classic example.

And good luck to Brayshaw and his recovery.

Got to love the hang the guy on a Monday attitude and now they feel for Gaff and it was out of character and we must get around him.
Why does no one want him hung now.
Dog act ,said he would accept it,then how many times did he change his story at the tribunal ? Hope he stays at the same club.

Didn't see any of those. Are you sure you're not imagining things. The posts I saw were all prepared for Gaff to have a long holiday.
12 people voted cleared in the post, at least it was 12 at the time i posted. tbh i dont even know why anything under 4 weeks would have been on the poll anyway

So it appears my psyche aligns perfectly with the panel and the Brayshaw family rather than with the outraged Gerald. No doubt he’ll be still riding the high horse tomorrow morning about the afl’s inability to “set an example”, “opportunity missed” and all that

Didn't watch 360 Gerald upset with the sentence of 8 weeks?

Well I read about it on some media outlet about the Golf matter although not sure which Brayshaw was mentioned - may have been the one from our Club - obviously if that's where Nissy got his info he should have checked it out. Do think he believed it and as I said it has been mentioned elsewhere.

He said that Gaff played golf with both the brothers and it wasn't surprising with Hamish at WC that there was a genuine friendship between ABrayshaw and Gaff.

Then Angus said on his podcast that Hamish told him they'd never played golf together and he didn't know where Nisbett had got that info.

Surely a quick call/text to Hamish to verify wouldn't have been too hard if he did, in fact, read it on social media, before sprouting something completely lacking in fact to the media, which coincidentally, made his boy look like less of a violent thug.

Got to love the hang the guy on a Monday attitude and now they feel for Gaff and it was out of character and we must get around him.
Because he just got hung for 8 weeks,should have been more but people are at least satisfied there has been some public humiliation for him and also debate about serious assault on sports fields .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dog act ,said he would accept it,then how many times did he change his story at the tribunal ? Hope he stays at the same club.
A quote sits above my desk

Carrying a grudge is like letting someone live in your head rent free...

Keep carrying all you like mate....wont do you any good

Because he just got hung for 8 weeks,should have been more but people are at least satisfied there has been some public humiliation for him and also debate about serious assault on sports fields .

8 was plenty. Humiliation comes and goes. Only lasted a day actually. As for the debate if the AFL think it won’t happen again they are living in fantasy land. They could of given him life and it will still happen again.
Combat sports will never remove these things 100%

Because he got punished properly and there’s been more than enough negative publicity against him by now.

He’ll serve his time and we should all move on.

Myself and I assume many others on here are decent humans and can accept that people make mistakes. You can’t rip into a bloke forever.

Because he got punished properly and there’s been more than enough negative publicity against him by now.

He’ll serve his time and we should all move on.

Myself and I assume many others on here are decent humans and can accept that people make mistakes. You can’t rip into a bloke forever.

Not many good humans around yesterday.

8 was plenty. Humiliation comes and goes. Only lasted a day actually. As for the debate if the AFL think it won’t happen again they are living in fantasy land. They could of given him life and it will still happen again.
Combat sports will never remove these things 100%
I wouldn't say it will happen over and over again, it's pretty rare.I don't reckon you will see that again for a long time.The best that can happen is that Gaff doesn't do it again and that Brayshaw doesn't have ongoing problems

It was never hatred of Gaff, it was more the people demanding a long suspension to set an example, and they didn't.

Are you thinking a sainthood perhaps?

Of course not, but Lyon comes out the day and says what a champion Gaff is. Then Brayshaw dad comes out and says he wants to shake Gaffs hand and urges people to get around him.
Make no mistake I thought 8 weeks was about right but why didn’t these guys come out with these comments yesterday and settle down the hysteria.

Didn't watch 360 Gerald upset with the sentence of 8 weeks?

Are you asking me or are you making the statement that Gerard was upset at the 8 weeks.

I don’t watch 360 so I can’t tell you. I was referring to his “Whately” segment on SEN of a morning where he quite often stands on his wooden crate pontificating with faux outrage over one thing or another.

Of course not, but Lyon comes out the day and says what a champion Gaff is. Then Brayshaw dad comes out and says he wants to shake Gaffs hand and urges people to get around him.
Make no mistake I thought 8 weeks was about right but why didn’t these guys come out with these comments yesterday and settle down the hysteria.
Are you really asking those questions?

Lyon was talking about Gaff's footballing ability. Pretty amazing really.

Brayshaw snr was offering forgiveness, which comes after an event. The entire Brayshaw clan has oozed class, even the fiery Angus.

Both very generous things for those men to have done.

If you are looking for weird statements, google "Nissy".

Last edited:
Back