Best Small Forward in the League?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's the best small/medium at the moment? Usually there's an obvious one like Eddie Betts, but it's not like that at the moment.

Players that come to my mind are Toby Greene, Jordan DeGoey and Orazio Fantasia.

Thoughts?

Tom Lynch and Jordan de Goey are both over 190cm. I wouldn't classify either as "small/medium".

My vote would be for Robbie Gray followed by Luke Breust.
Great bunch of players and yes I may be bias but when u look a all aspects of there game Greene lacks for nothing..(...Kung Fu jokes aside).His physicality separates him.Degoey has this physicality and mongrel and presence to be the best and Robbie Grey has been the best over a long period but if u had to pick one player now I would go Greene.

Our whole game is built on forward pressure, so it depends on how you rate the small forward. Is it goals? Goal assists? Tackles? if you don't have a criteria everyone will just say the small forward from their team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's the best small/medium at the moment?

Like, right now based on form? Surely Liam Ryan is in the conversation then?

2 goals in his first finals appearance, multiple score assists and was a threat all night. If he can back his form up in the prelim then we're halfway to winning.

*nominates someone from my...*

Oh. Right.
Maybe not best in show, but I think Matt Wright is underrated. Has managed at least a goal a game for the past three years in a fairly abysmal team.

Having checked, he's responsible for more than ten per cent of Carlton's total score of that period.

If Bruest is a small forward then on output definitely. I wouldn't trade Toby with anyone though. On excitement, watchability and skill still Betts.
Liam Ryan with the biggest upside.

:D Hope that clears it up.

Toby Greene and it's not even up for discussion
Hard to disagree.

It's funny though, he was recruited as a midfielder from memory but, due to their dearth of talent in the midfield, has become a super dangerous forward.

Always thought that super good midfielders are the best players and can play anywhere, they're just gun footballers in general.

Clubs should go for a ruck, 3 tall backs, 2 tall forwards, 1 lightning small forward, and 15 midfielders....haha

Hard to disagree.

It's funny though, he was recruited as a midfielder from memory but, due to their dearth of talent in the midfield, has become a super dangerous forward.

Always thought that super good midfielders are the best players and can play anywhere, they're just gun footballers in general.

Clubs should go for a ruck, 3 tall backs, 2 tall forwards, 1 lightning small forward, and 15 midfielders....haha
Yep.

Started off like an absolute beast of a ball magnet in his first couple of years.

Then he was at the crossroads at GWS whether he was good enough because of his ball use. Moved forward and has turned into a genuine superstar.

He is the ultimate villian too. A bloke that no one can stand but the bloke you wished played for your club

Last edited:
Hard to disagree.

Averaged 28 possies in his first year of AFL footy, always had the talent. Would be starting in the midfield at most other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back