Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can you imagine if, back then, we were members of today's 'instant gratification required' generation? šŸ˜Æ
Back then you argued you point at the 6 oclock swill on Church st outside the Sale yards hotel,or one of the other watering holes,we were much more civil towards other people in that environment.

Perhaps. Thereā€™s a pretty good point in having expectations. Particularly with the amount of bullshit weā€™ve been fed about Scott and the players that have been brought in. Itā€™s time to deliver.
It was time to deliver 2 years ago to be honest...

Umpire's are human beings which means that they have ego's aswell. People often forget this.

They do, but an umpire - in any sport - is there to adjudicate the right interpretation in a particular moment of play with impartiality, which precludes their personal ego and opinion of an individual player.

These guys are supposed to be the best within their profession, but are laughably amateurish too often.

Umpire's are human beings which means that they have ego's aswell. People often forget this.
Becoming more prevalent too.

As the need by some umps to be bigger than the players is slowly ignored, so too it becomes the new 'norm'
What do you make of the fact the umpire I've forgotten his name that Hawhins had the run in with never did another Geelong game for the year.

They do, but an umpire - in any sport - is there to adjudicate the right interpretation in a particular moment of play with impartiality, which precludes their personal ego and opinion of an individual player.

These guys are supposed to be the best within their profession, but are laughably amateurish too often.
I agree that the umpires at times are shithouse. No doubt. My point was that if players treat them with respect they are more likely to treat the players with respect, that's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps. Thereā€™s a pretty good point in having expectations. Particularly with the amount of bullshit weā€™ve been fed about Scott and the players that have been brought in. Itā€™s time to deliver.
There's no point having negative connotations towards something that hasn't yet happened. I just think it's better to look ahead as a supporter and not dwell on past failures. We've got an entire season ahead to get excited about. What happens will happen ... until then.

What do you make of the fact the umpire I've forgotten his name that Hawhins had the run in with never did another Geelong game for the year.

I think his name was Richard Cranium. ;)

There's no point having negative connotations towards something that hasn't yet happened. I just think it's better to look ahead as a supporter and not dwell on past failures. We've got an entire season ahead to get excited about. What happens will happen ... until then.
Still a bit early. Usually excitement and forgetting about the previous year comes around NAB cup time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back