Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why nobody seems to have Steele sidebottom in the teams posted here? I don’t follow him too closely but seemed to have the ball on a string in the jlt and patched last year. I have him atm but hoping someone can give me some info

Last year was his best year (a career high 29 disposals per game) yet somehow only his sixth highest Supercoach average. Similiar to Brayshaw, his Brownlow-friendly form doesn't exactly translate to Supercoach stardom. And now he has Beams contending for points in an already stacked midfield.

He'll have some great games but also the odd stinker. I don't think he's worth starting at $550k. He will come down in price and be one of those mid-season upgrade targets, when you're $3k short the premo of your dreams and settle for Sidey as a POD and pray the rest of the Collingwood midfield gets decimated with injuries for the last month.

JM how many keepers do you think you have ? ......will you have enough cash generators to upgrade players to the top performing players by zone ?

About 12 keepers, possibly more.

Mid pricers that I don't want to keep will generate the cash just like a rookie would.

F@rk I think I am losing the plot campaigners. :moustache:

Nah I lost the plot years ago on here. LOL! :think:

Seriously though I am mentally ill due to this game. :$

I have changed my team for the millionth time and using these unlimited trades which feels like xmas everyday. :D

This is my most adventurous team yet but it's mid price madness based and has no Macrae, Cripps and Grundy.

But I really think this midfield could still be pretty competitive.

What's everyone else think?

View attachment 635072

Love that you’ve gone your own way, not a cookie cutter within 23,407km of that bad boy.
Reckon the no Grundy option is a really interesting one. Early default would have been Grundy with Preuss muddying waters, but Grundy recent interruptions and Preuss injury since.

I have changed my team for the millionth time and using these unlimited trades which feels like xmas everyday. :D

This is my most adventurous team yet but it's mid price madness based and has no Macrae, Cripps and Grundy.

View attachment 635072

I like how you've gone with a bit of DP action (sorry DPP) I'm a bit frustrated by not being able to find a M/F rook for the Mid bench (might have to think about the floating donut)
How do you see this team looking after the byes when we should have a "complete" team? And then heading into the final rounds.

My team is settled except for D4, F3 and F4, and of course rookie selections, which will determine those positions

* it..gonna run with 4.1.3 in the mids, so Libba and Sheed out for Jelwood and Atkins. Reckon Walsh will match Libba at M6, Atkins to the bench and I reckon Jelwood is a keeper and POD

I like how you've gone with a bit of DP action (sorry DPP) I'm a bit frustrated by not being able to find a M/F rook for the Mid bench (might have to think about the floating donut)
How do you see this team looking after the byes when we should have a "complete" team? And then heading into the final rounds.

I'll target Macrae, Cripps and Grundy plus Laird, Lloyd.

Good thing about going a lot of mid pricers is that it wont cost much to upgrade the under performing ones come bye time.

I am quite confident of this team scoring well till the byes rock up.

Love that you’ve gone your own way, not a cookie cutter within 23,407km of that bad boy.
Reckon the no Grundy option is a really interesting one. Early default would have been Grundy with Preuss muddying waters, but Grundy recent interruptions and Preuss injury since.

Cheers mate.

Yeah that's what I am thinking re: Grundy.

I think he will be underdone so I can pick him up cheaper once he has lost a bit of cash.

Reckon I will stick with this team as it has me really excited due to how different it is and I am keen to see how it will go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask why nobody seems to have Steele sidebottom in the teams posted here? I don’t follow him too closely but seemed to have the ball on a string in the jlt and patched last year. I have him atm but hoping someone can give me some info
28yo and only averaged above 107 once in his career. Instead of asking why nobody else has him, let me ask you, why do you think he will be better this year than he was in the last 4?

Lot of mills in D2 why? Isn’t that gonna cost trades to bring Lloyd laird etc in later on
D2?? He's my D1. Lots of unknowns in def this year and lots of value at lower prices. With Smith in the team and Milera on the up, I see Laird dropping early and will be a cheaper upgrade target. I could be wrong though.

After dicking around for far too many hours, I've settled on this basic structure:

1552596460852.png

Instead of talking about the staples of the team, I'll quickly discuss the outliers.

Mid-Price POD's ($250k - $450k):

McCarthy: Averaged 90 during the JLT and is in his prime. With a new environment, and Brisbane's strong medical team behind him, Lincoln could be one of the surprise packets of the year. He's a big risk, but he's relatively cheap so I'm backing him in.

Ballard: With the Suns midfield looking like a dog's breakfast, their defence is going to get slaughtered at times. This should give plenty of oppourtunity for Suns defenders to rack up the pill. Charlie played the JLT in Defence and averaged 81, he should have good JS too.

Premium POD's ($450k+):

Andrews: He was a SC beast last year before that dog-c***, gutter sniper Jeremy Cameron ended his AA chances. He looks to be back to his best in the JLT averaging 96.5 and I doubt he'll see much time in the FWD line. At only 22 years of age, I think he has what it takes to elevate himself into the top 6 scoring defenders this season.

Darling: Similar story to Andrews. With Josh Kennedy battling father time, Darling will be the focal point of the Eagles' attack. I wanted Jack in my team last year, so I'll take him now after a strong JLT averaging 98.5.

*MID & FWD Bench Rookies subject to change after team announcements.

I'm backing in my gut on this one, I've spent too long looking at other teams, chopping & changing, and it's frying my brain.

Last edited:

View attachment 635072

This is very close to my team -only 4 POD's. Same 3 rookies on-field structure (one on each line) So I say it's GENIUS!

This is very close to my team -only 4 POD's. Same 3 rookies on-field structure (one on each line) So I say it's GENIUS!

I'm pretty close to running with this team.

Just want to try something different this year compared to the usual vanilla stock standard team that I put together every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back