Review Dogs Completely Out Coached By Beveridge: Lose Badly To Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care what y'all say. I love the Bulldogs. One week they help raise my low BP better than my meds. The next week they take me on a journey back to 1981/82, when I was a mere 29 year old. Next week they'll be taking me back to Perth where I lived 30 years ago. They're not just a team. They're a medicinal time machine.

Things will get better. They always do.

I'm about to drop a couple of those too and then I'm gonna wash them down with a sparkling. And if I wake up too soon, I'll hit the Baileys.

How far in front of Bont is Cripps now?

The guy is an absolute beast and Bontempelli goal kicking is deplorable from a so called “elite” footballer.

I know honestly think Bont is 50/50 to stay after his next contract.

Look at the bright side

At least we can bring on Schache and Jong!!!!

lol what a shambles the best disintegration of a premiership list in AFL history and we will NEVER know why it needed a rebuild.

Jake and Dahl will be p!ssing themselves watching this.

If Schache's game in the VFL merits promotion to the Seniors, then good. My problem is coaches ignoring poor form. And your favourite, Jong, certainly deserves a go after this weeks debacle.

And yes, Jake and Dahl will be pissing themselves. I would love to know what really went on that led to them being traded out. Certainly, Stringer had form issues. Dahl, whatever his kicking deficiencies, never played a bad game for us. A much more curious departure.

Listened on the radio for a few minutes in the first qtr then had to turn it off because I had other things to do. It looks like bev is still very much experimenting. Trying to do things but the players are either not experienced enough or just aren't there yet physically or mentally. The team is running with a 3rd year ruck and a 2nd year KPF. It's no wonder they're not scoring goals or losing in the midfield.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who gives a s**t if Bontempelli leaves, who gives a s**t if any of these pea hearts leave. This club was always going to return to the ass of the competition after 2016. There’s a tradition to uphold. Wasted far too much time on this garbage club.

We just focus on the short game. We don't seem to have many players who can kick it long to a teammate's advantage. We have very few players who can position themselves to take advantage of a good long kick.

Players don’t know know how to position themselves to take advantage of a good long kick BECAUSE those kicks don’t exist at the club.

We can’t execute a 25m kick let alone a long kick.

Sooooooooo many excuses

Starts and ends with Bev at the moment.

At present he is a one trick Pony who’s players would live and die for him in 15/16.

I told u ALL his treatment(deserved or not) of Jake, Biggs, Libba, Dahl sent ripples through the group and got a lot of players of side.

How continually playing favs also hasn’t been popular.

Add to that now his complete mess at MC and constantly being outcoached and he is in a world of trouble.

I heard Gordon saying they are looking to extend him to the end of 22, that would be an atrocious decision at present.[/QU

You heard something from Gordon ??? You are one of the few. We commented the other day how quiet he has become. He has been silent for a long time now , Again lack of leadership , Fish rots from the head and l feel he acheived his dream in 2016 and has been cruising since

If Schache's game in the VFL merits promotion to the Seniors, then good. My problem is coaches ignoring poor form. And your favourite, Jong, certainly deserves a go after this weeks debacle.

And yes, Jake and Dahl will be pissing themselves. I would love to know what really went on that led to them being traded out. Certainly, Stringer had form issues. Dahl, whatever his kicking deficiencies, never played a bad game for us. A much more curious departure.

Jong doesn’t deserve squat yet. He has played 3/4 of a game back from a serious injury.

Trengove, Lipi and others DESERVE a game miles before Jong.

That’s not to say he doesn’t come in(who cares now?) but he doesn’t deserve anything most players go ok first up and then struggle

Worst game I’ve seen from the dogs in as long as I can remember. How we have gone from the highs of 2016 to this is beyond me. It’s looking more and more like an almighty fluke than I ever wanted to believe.

How a bloke paid for his football knowledge can be so blind to the deficiencies in this team is a mystery.

Caleb Daniel down back was an interesting experiment but it couldn’t be more obvious that our system isn’t organised enough to avoid him matching up on their tallest forward 3-4 times a game. Sitting in the stadium you can watch the opposition forwards moving and overlapping to try shake their man and end up matched up on him.
Do we not have a defensive coach?

Admittedly this is just one of many flaws in this team but the fact it’s so obvious to everyone but those in the coaches box should have us concerned.

Ultimately this game was over as soon as teams were released. I could handle a loss today, but to have lost in such a predictable way is embarrassing. Brendan Bolton will be laughing himself to sleep tonight.

I don't go to a lot of games. Went to the round 1 game but that's it so far this year. I'm genuinely feeling very deflated after the last three weeks. I guess posting over the top crap is just the way I grieve. Apologies for being annoying.

All good mate. I get it, we all grieve in our own way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Carlton lost their first four games of the season. Big effen deal. Try Footscray 1980. Lost first 11 in a row, two by 100+ points to North and Richmond. Beating Fitzroy in Round 12 at the Junction Oval meant a lot more than what Carlton did today. Overrated victory! :poo:

All good mate. I get it, we all grieve in our own way.

No it’s not. “Grief” doesn’t excuse anything

Telling anyone to spit on players is disgusting and deserves an immediate ban and a long one.

So Carlton lost their first four games of the season. Big effen deal. Try Footscray 1980. Lost first 11 in a row, two by 100+ points to North and Richmond. Beating Fitzroy in Round 12 at the Junction Oval meant a lot more than what Carlton did today. Overrated victory! :poo:

Haha yes! There is always a better story

Schache was horrendous in a game where our midfield played 10 times better than what they did today. Thoroughly deserved to get dropped. Was bad against GC too.

The problem is, we went small instead of replacing him with a second ruck/deep target. It reduced Naughton’s effectiveness and it didn’t allow English capable backup. That’s the problem.

Actually really liked Gowers game today goalkicking excluded. Bailey Smith is a deadset gun.[/QUOT
If a forward can’t convert, you don’t play AFL football. Snaps around the corner in close are simple. Me and my son kick them all the time!!! They are not hard, he can’t do them. Also anything outside 40 metres he is about a 30% chance, just can’t control it. I wouldn’t get rid of him, we have no one else yet if he converson doesn’t improve what’s the point of him being in the side.

Jong doesn’t deserve squat yet. He has played 3/4 of a game back from a serious injury.

Trengove, Lipi and others DESERVE a game miles before Jong.

That’s not to say he doesn’t come in(who cares now?) but he doesn’t deserve anything most players go ok first up and then struggle

Well if we only drop 6 for next week, Jong may not. But if we do the decent thing after that sad debacle, the worst game we have played in three seasons, and drop close to half of the seniors, then Jongy is a shoe in.

Honestly the melts in here and comments by so called supporters of this club make me sick to the stomach. Man up and support your team or f*&# off and support Norf.

I’m taking a break from big footy now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In my opinion this approach isn’t great either - blind acceptance of what your club is doing no matter what is happening on the park (or off it) means there’s an absence of accountability.

Some of the opinions on here veer into the extreme (although I don’t see some of them because the ignore button is very useful), but I’d say most of this thread shows supporters being exasperated - which is an appropriate response to that debacle, on the heels of another unacceptable one in round three.

Well if we only drop 6 for next week, Jong may not. But if we do the decent thing after that sad debacle, the worst game we have played in three seasons, and drop close to half of the seniors, then Jongy is a shoe in.

Regardless who it is it’s very risky to bring any player in week two.

Add t that he will have to sit on a flight over and back if he very surprised if they bring him in next week.

But if he making mass changes and sending a huge message. It won’t help when the coach has no idea but maybe it can kickstart some form for a few.

In Trengove, RSmith, Roberts, Lipinski, Webb, West, Suckers, Duryea and Lynch

Out Wood, Williams, Young, Dunkley, Wallis, Gowers, Dickson, anyone, anyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back