Player Watch Gary Ablett Junior is the best player ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Our bottom 12 or 13 players was as bad as I've seen from any GF side.

Well in that '89 side you can add Bruns , Bos, Scott, Yeates and Flanagan.

That's 14 out of 20 I've named. That's a pretty strong 14 on paper then you have the likes of Hamilton, Cameron, Malakelis, Darcy, Schulze and SHocking. Four of that lot were defenders on the day along with Bos and Flanigan. There was the problem.

Well in that '89 side you can add Bruns , Bos, Scott, Yeates and Flanagan.

That's 14 out of 20 I've named. That's a pretty strong 14 on paper then you have the likes of Hamilton, Cameron, Malakelis, Darcy, Schulze and SHocking. Four of that lot were defenders on the day along with Bos and Flanigan. There was the problem.
Besides Bos, the rest of that group were ordinary.

Are people still deluding themselves including the Budwah.
He's not in this weight division. Only true GOATS make the grade.

Junior isn’t the best in his family. Senior isn’t the best of his own era. Thus junior can’t be the best of all time.

He’s very good though. A great no doubt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Junior isn’t the best in his family. Senior isn’t the best of his own era. Thus junior can’t be the best of all time.

He’s very good though. A great no doubt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
LOL don't kid yourself son.
Senior had the other two covered. Passed 1000 spending at least 2/3 of his career as either a wingman or HFF.

Has Plugger, Chief and Duck covered.
Come back when you have the right opinion :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know that. But bet GAJ would swap all the awards for another 4 flags.

All subjective anyway. I saw all of seniors career and have him alongside Carey. Being biased ( as we all are ) l have Wayne ahead by a smidgeon because he dragged his team to two flags.

Am I missing something? He kicked 3 goals in 2 grand finals.
He kicked 18 goals across those 2 finals series.

Yeah that definitely pips Ablett’s 27 in one finals series and 9 in a grand final.

Seems an odd argument.
And Ablett wasn’t even a permanent key forward.

Being at the footy, and watching the ball get swooped-on by a bald headed bloke in a Geelong jumper was a borderline-scarring image, back when Geelong was at its peak.

The fact that it was a relief to see it was Chapman, and not GAJ, is saying a lot, given how talented Chapman was.

He's certainly the best at deliberately elbowing people in the head, off the ball and getting away with it. Any other player would be taking a spell.

Not as good a player as Ablett senior, I'm afraid. His dad was a freak.

Would be 2 weeks if it was a Hawk, no doubt. The lad is looked after by the umps and the MRP. it must be the GOD thing.

Last week would have been a joke if he got done.

This week? I could have copped it if he got a week.

One dodged charge - which a lot of commentators have said shouldn’t have been laid, btw - in 18 years of footy doesnt exactly scream ‘looked after’

Been borrowing the aluminium from the tiger fans?

Would be 2 weeks if it was a Hawk, no doubt. The lad is looked after by the umps and the MRP. it must be the GOD thing.

And how do you explain Luke Hodge getting away with elbowing people in the head putting opponents out for the day all though his career and nearly always getting away with it? Have a think please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back