Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Jonas' form and subtle shade, I wonder what the relationship between Ken and him is like.

The strong rumour was that Jonas was the players pick and Wines was Hinkleys.
I can confirm this is true and the reasoning behind it is so ridiculous, it's enough to verify it was Hinkley's decision. Only an idiot like him could suggest it, and only a buffoon like Koch could have the Board approve it:

Jonas was the preferred choice. Hinkley wanted Wines to be Captain because, are you ready for it...

Wines didn't have his best year as vice-captain, so being captain will make him play better.

Truth.

I can confirm this is true and the reasoning behind it is so ridiculous, it's enough to verify it was Hinkley's decision. Only an idiot like him could suggest it, and only a buffoon like Koch could have the Board approve it:

Jonas was the preferred choice. Hinkley wanted Wines to be Captain because, are you ready for it...

Wines didn't have his best year as vice-captain, so being captain will make him play better.

Truth.
Holy f***!

Between Jonas' form and subtle shade, I wonder what the relationship between Ken and him is like.

The strong rumour was that Jonas was the players pick and Wines was Hinkleys.
Sadly Hinkley is right this time. Jonas is not a captain and very lucky. Wines was the right choice all along. What's happened since isn't great, but it should just be wines.

Sadly Hinkley is right this time. Jonas is not a captain and very lucky. Wines was the right choice all along. What's happened since isn't great, but it should just be wines.
If only because he seems to give a s**t when we lose

Truth.
By this rationale Hinkley will in 2020 not be senior coach. He will be ... are you ready for it ... Chairman.

Or that he needed to play SANFL while building his fitness base after his layoff

But apparently a wise man on a mountain said he'd get no value doing something like that; that it was better to let him regain conditioning in the AFL as part of a long term view.

A player who misses with a hamstring strain doesn’t need to come back through the SANFL.

Our old mate Chad Wingard didn’t play VFL when he came back from his calf injury, and he missed more than 5 weeks. Guess Clarkson should step down too.

At some point the players need to take responsibility for their own rehab work. No one is going to hold their hand and tell them to do it - the fitness staff give them their program and expect them to follow it. There were exercises he could have done that maintain cardio without using the calf muscles.

He’s the ******* captain of the Port Adelaide Football Club. What happened to setting an example for the younger players about preparation and making sure you are ready to go when called upon?

Absolute poor preparation from a so called leader of the club. Of course, it wasn’t the first time he’s let down the club either, was it? When he was suspended for 7 weeks he let his condition deteriorate to such a point that he did a hamstring two weeks before he was scheduled to come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player who misses with a hamstring strain doesn’t need to come back through the SANFL.

Our old mate Chad Wingard didn’t play VFL when he came back from his calf injury, and he missed more than 5 weeks. Guess Clarkson should step down too.

At some point the players need to take responsibility for their own rehab work. No one is going to hold their hand and tell them to do it - the fitness staff give them their program and expect them to follow it. There were exercises he could have done that maintain cardio without using the calf muscles.

He’s the ******* captain of the Port Adelaide Football Club. What happened to setting an example for the younger players about preparation and making sure you are ready to go when called upon?

Absolute poor preparation from a so called leader of the club. Of course, it wasn’t the first time he’s let down the club either, is it? When he was suspended for 7 weeks he let his condition deteriorate to such a point that he did a hamstring two weeks before he was scheduled to come back.
And your old mate gave us two Captain's for the first time in our history to make him one of them but apparently he's not part of the problem. If players are picking themselves without the coaches having any idea that they aren't up to it we either have very crafty players who really want to play or dumb coaches who don't know what's going on around the place.
I'll give you a tip, our players aren't that clever and last months first quarters suggest they aren't that desperate to get out and play.
Stupid from all involved but Hinkley definitely has a part of the blame in this one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like in this case he did.

Surely there would've been some kind of fitness test before he was cleared. Whether it was ignored because Ken wanted him in is another issue.

Truth.
If this is true, and I don't doubt it is, it makes the bovine feaces fed to us by the club about it all being about increasing our chances of winning games even more insulting.

Good news the hamstrung Rockliff will be playing in China. We never learn
Remember when we selected Burton a week after he pinged his hammy, only to do his hammy in the first 10 minutes of the following game.. Fun times.
Now we select Jonas despite barely being able to run..

Crippled $$$ contracts ahead of younger blokes in form..

Ports.

If this is true, and I don't doubt it is, it makes the bovine feaces fed to us by the club about it all being about increasing our chances of winning games even more insulting.
It certainly sound less "This is just a modern leadership structure that we believe will bring success" than it does "if we don't do co captains either our players or coaches will pull a go slow"

No, Ken genuinely believes it. Wines plays better, so team plays better, so team wins more. Trigger contract clause. Ken wins.

Good news the hamstrung Rockliff will be playing in China. We never learn
Remember when we selected Burton a week after he pinged his hammy, only to do his hammy in the first 10 minutes of the following game.. Fun times.
Now we select Jonas despite barely being able to run..

Crippled $$$ contracts ahead of younger blokes in form..

Ports.

If this is true, Hinkley is setting up another predictable and frustrating loss.

I grew up supporting Arsenal, through the good years of early George Graham, and early Wenger, through the terrible of 2006 and onwards.
Wenger was manager for 22 years, an entire generation would have been born, gone through school, university, and early professional life knowing only one manager.
He was loved, adored, and revered by the club and the supporters.
Took the club to the double, an unbeaten season, and holds the record for wins in the FA cup.

But then the rot sets in, as it does for anything left for long enough.
The game changed, the players changed, but the manager did not know how to change.

When Wenger was finally let go, he was still loved, but it was a relief for even the most hardened supporter.
He should have been let go at the end of the 2015-2016 season when it was clear that the club had gone as far as they could under him.
But he was given another year and another year after that, whilst disillusionment and disengagement among the fans grew to alarming levels.
And the team under performed yet again, taken over by all their rivals including Tottenham (What the crows are to Port).
Arsenal had turned into a mid-table team, unable to compete anymore against the top clubs, and unable to accept their short-comings.

I see many similarities of the Arsenal of 2015-2016 to Port now.
It is decision time, whether to take the club in a new and exciting direction, or to hold onto some preconceived myth of loyalty to a false messiah (or messiahs if you want to include more than just the coach).
It is the fear of change that is most harmful to a club in my opinion.

If Port still want to try and salvage something from this season, then change the coach now.
If they want to keep stability and have given up on this year, then change the coach at the end of the season.
The difference in the two views is ambition.
At least Wenger won something.

I'll ask it again becauae you didn't answer it. Why is it a personnel issue and not a coaching issue?

You singled out Houston as someone who needs to push up the ground more but didn't mention him in this post. Which players are the problem and why are they ignoring instruction?

It’s not a problem. It’s inconsistency at selection due to injuries, which erodes confidence.

R2 - no change
R3 - Wines for Marshall, Howard for Watts (backline change)
R4 - no change
R5 - Marshall for Motlop
R6 - Lienert for Jonas (backline change)
R7 - Amon for R. Gray
R8 - Broadbent for Bonner (backline change), Motlop for Wines, Farrell for Ebert, Johnson for Butters
R9 - Garner for Burton (backline change), Butters for Johnson, Atley for Drew, Frampton for Marshall
R10 - Jonas for Garner (backline change), Ladhams for Lycett, R. Gray for Atley

And people seriously wonder why I’m not on this wagon? There’s no consistency, so there’s no cohesion. And when there’s no cohesion, players don’t have a feel for how the other players play.

I mean, even this week there will probably be a change to the backline with Burton available.

That’s why I’m saying give them four weeks with no changes due to injury.

Looks like in this case he did.

Surely there would've been some kind of fitness test before he was cleared. Whether it was ignored because Ken wanted him in is another issue.

If Ken wanted him in against Hawthorn and didn’t drop him the moment Clarkson didn’t name Roughead then he an idiot.

A fitness test only passes the player as medically fit to play. I don’t think it tells anyone about their actual cardiovascular fitness levels and whether they are going to blow up or not.

It’s not a problem. It’s inconsistency at selection due to injuries, which erodes confidence.

R2 - no change
R3 - Wines for Marshall, Howard for Watts (backline change)
R4 - no change
R5 - Marshall for Motlop
R6 - Lienert for Jonas (backline change)
R7 - Amon for R. Gray
R8 - Broadbent for Bonner (backline change), Motlop for Wines, Farrell for Ebert, Johnson for Butters
R9 - Garner for Burton (backline change), Butters for Johnson, Atley for Drew, Frampton for Marshall
R10 - Jonas for Garner (backline change), Ladhams for Lycett, R. Gray for Atley

And people seriously wonder why I’m not on this wagon? There’s no consistency, so there’s no cohesion. And when there’s no cohesion, players don’t have a feel for how the other players play.

I mean, even this week there will probably be a change to the backline with Burton available.

That’s why I’m saying give them four weeks with no changes due to injury.

So a stable backline for 50% of rounds played so far, and only one change in the other weeks, to a backine consisting of six or more players depending on definitions, two of those changes being about the same player (Jonas) going out and returning.

Not exactly carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back