Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is just saying ˝sack Ken˝ is easy. Actually sacking Ken not so much. It is not a Trump ˝your fired˝ thing and we need to get our club back. It has to be a 70/30 bet that if nothing changes he will be here this time next year.
As much as I think he's a dud I agree we're not sacking him mid year. I don't even think the club will have the balls to sack him at the end of the year even if it turns out to be a complete shitshow. That doesn't mean we can't agitate for change. What else can members and supporters do if they're not happy? Create delusional arguments to pretend everything will be alright on the basis that the planets will align in a once-in-a-blue-moon chance?

Can you honestly say you're happy with what Hinkley has served up in the past 4.5 going on 5 years?

Hows yet another random account appearing to defend the powers that be.

I think we can all agree at this point that the club definitely pays shills to come on here and defend the decision makers and head coach against overwhelming evidence.

SaltiKen
Borscht Ken
AwwwwwwwthatsKen
AhneadeaKen
Windy Ken

Have I missed any?

As much as I think he's a dud I agree we're not sacking him mid year. I don't even think the club will have the balls to sack him at the end of the year even if it turns out to be a complete shitshow. That doesn't mean we can't agitate for change. What else can members and supporters do if they're not happy? Create delusional arguments to pretend everything will be alright on the basis that the planets will align in a once-in-a-blue-moon chance?

Can you honestly say you're happy with what Hinkley has served up in the past 4.5 going on 5 years?
lkjhgf.jpeg

actually I have never said that I am. I have said repeatably that I am not. That is a reactionary view of the 95% on this thread who see someone post a contrary opinion. In this thread unless you agree that Ken should be burnt at the stake yesterday, to hell with the consequences you:

1. you are a noob
2. you are from facebook
3. you accept mediocrity
4. you are a theatre goer.
5. you are a necro account (and a noob apparently)
6. you are Ken
7. You are Ken's mum
8. inflammatory slant on Slovenia.

It is possible to hold the position that I am not satisfied with the past 4 years AND that Ken should not be sacked in round 11 2019 10 games into a new contract.

But apparently not.

I think I'll stick to posting after the watershed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually starting to think our criticism of Ken is what keeps him going. He doesn't want to leave the box knowing he is a failure, and let that weigh on his shoulders for the rest of his life. He wants to prove the people wrong because he knows to quit would only be giving up and submitting to defeat, and Koch obviously feels the same. Giving up might sound easy to us but to them, it actually means laying down their life's work and giving up the fight. That is not an easy thing for a person to do, and people were supportive for Brad Scott right up until this year where he finally reached the end of the road, but that's only because he had the respect he needed, and it was much easier for Brad to leave before the people started to send him death threats for continuing to run the club into the ground. We've been at odds with Ken for years now. Instead of fighting to evade losing a supporter base he is fighting to win one, which might sound similar but has a very different impact on the attitude of a coach.

Not trying to shield their blatant errors, but it's a simple "Thank you, next" kind of attitude that NM fans have been applying to Brad, why shouldn't we do the same?

I'm actually starting to think our criticism of Ken is what keeps him going. He doesn't want to leave the box knowing he is a failure, and let that weigh on his shoulders for the rest of his life. He wants to prove the people wrong because he knows to quit would only be giving up and submitting to defeat, and Koch obviously feels the same. Giving up might sound easy to us but to them, it actually means laying down their life's work and giving up the fight. That is not an easy thing for a person to do, and people were supportive for Brad Scott right up until this year where he finally reached the end of the road, but that's only because he had the respect he needed, and it was much easier for Brad to leave before the people started to send him death threats for continuing to run the club into the ground. We've been at odds with Ken for years now. Instead of fighting to evade losing a supporter base he is fighting to win one, which might sound similar but has a very different impact on the attitude of a coach.

Not trying to shield their blatant errors, but it's a simple "Thank you, next" kind of attitude that NM fans have been applying to Brad, why shouldn't we do the same?
If Ken were a stock trader and for the last 6 years yielded the results he has with the footy team, with 57,769 of members cash he would have been sacked years ago.

yeah not really. that's a cop out.

You actually want Ken sacked. You either have to sack Kochi or get Kochi to sack Ken.... and for the reasons I spelt out regarding our financial and governance situation both of those are hard until something changes, realistically that something being ladder position. I don't want to dig us further into this governance situation, and if giving Ken the opportunity to deliver on his new contract is the price we pay then so be it.
I'll counter that and say I want them both gone. Kochie and Hinkley, and I'll go into why so if anyone reads it of note it's spelt out and clear as day from my point of view.

I'll start with Kochie. First I'll say he did a fantastic job in his early days. He helped get the club out of the mire, with help of others, and everyone will always be grateful for that. But I feel his time is done now, he can't take it forward anymore in my opinion. I feel the club is now a embodiment of his personality. We are to nice, not ruthless enough in our off field decision making, and have rewarded mediocrity with Ken's extension. That extension has almost undone all of his earlier work at the club. It's a noose around the neck of the club. We are bound by it now, and it has turned a lot of the members/supporters against the current board. Our club barely survived last time the members & fans walked away, and I don't know if we could go through that again and come out the other side, it is happening now though, members aren't going, and aren't renewing, slowly but surely it is happening. There won't be Adelaide Oval to save us if it happens again.

Most of all for our public figure chairman in Kochie, where the hell is he? He has been silent all season. That's unusual, and he's barely sighted or heard from anymore. 2017 post elimination final, his post game speech may have something to do with that, I don't know, but if it did, it says it all about the club and what we've become.

Now for Hinkley. Since 2013/14 what have we actually achieved. Results determine everything in elite sport, and we have played and lost one final since 2014. The after the siren loss to West Coast. That is disgusting or embarrassing anyway you look at it, and amongst that we extended Hinkley's contract cause the Gold Coast sniffed around. Nothing on the field warranted his extension.

In 2015 we were-

12-10 9th after starting the year as one of the flag favourites. We added Ryder that off season

2016-

10-12 10th after adding Dixon and all of us believing 2015 was the equivalent of Geelong's 2006 season.

2017-

14-9 5th at the end of the home & away season, home elimination final we subsequently lost after the siren to West Coast. We should have been a top 4 side that year but we lost to many games to sides on top or around us that killed our top 4 chances.

12-10 10th. after being 11-4, and eyeing off a top 4 spot, we collapsed and missed the 8 & finished 10th. That had never been done before in AFL history from memory but has been now. Then we said the players were confused or not attacking enough.

We all thought, the club included that we were right on the edge of another flag or two at the end of 2014. But we all bought the hype, and missed the signs. We blew a 10-1 start, were 2 games clear on top & missed the top 4. That isn't good enough. From then in season 2015, 2016,2017, 2018 & what has past by in 2019 we are a 50/50 side, nothing more. The losses against the better sides, and better coaches haven't changed, it is ground hog day year in/year out.

We have loaded up with big name recruits like Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Monfries (before 2013) and others and have done nothing but tread water. We have likely seen the best of Gray, Ryder, Boak, Westhoff, Wingard, Polec in our colours and it all resulted in 1 bloody final appearance.

We have been through a plethora of assistant coaches, Walsh took the Crows job, Richo the St.Kilda job, you can't prevent that, no problem there the rest we have been through.

We are forever told each pre season we are changing our gamestyle to more attacking football, then when it gets tight & the pressure comes we revert back to defensive football, and no forward structure. A common theme across the past 4 seasons and it's becoming one again now.

The only thing going for us at the moment is the youngsters we drafted, and the ones we already have. Rozee, Duursma, Butters, Drew, Atley, Marshall, Howard, Frampton, Clurey, DBJ, Burton, Hayes, SPP and others are our future. Having seen Hinkley use what we have had listwise the last 4 years what's to say he can get anything out of that group.

I'd rather see a fresh voice come in and coach that group, and a new chairman come in to over see it. And if we go down the path of rebuilding with the youngsters we have, be bloody honest about it to us members we deserve that for all the money and time we all pump into the club.

I haven't even listed the captaincy debacle amongst other things but that's most of the reasons I want those two gone and a fresh start for our football club.

I'll counter that and say I want them both gone. Kochie and Hinkley, and I'll go into why so if anyone reads it of note it's spelt out and clear as day from my point of view.

I'll start with Kochie. First I'll say he did a fantastic job in his early days. He helped get the club out of the mire, with help of others, and everyone will always be grateful for that. But I feel his time is done now, he can't take it forward anymore in my opinion. I feel the club is now a embodiment of his personality. We are to nice, not ruthless enough in our off field decision making, and have rewarded mediocrity with Ken's extension. That extension has almost undone all of his earlier work at the club. It's a noose around the neck of the club. We are bound by it now, and it has turned a lot of the members/supporters against the current board. Our club barely survived last time the members & fans walked away, and I don't know if we could go through that again and come out the other side, it is happening now though, members aren't going, and aren't renewing, slowly but surely it is happening. There won't be Adelaide Oval to save us if it happens again.

Most of all for our public figure chairman in Kochie, where the hell is he? He has been silent all season. That's unusual, and he's barely sighted or heard from anymore. 2017 post elimination final, his post game speech may have something to do with that, I don't know, but if it did, it says it all about the club and what we've become.

Now for Hinkley. Since 2013/14 what have we actually achieved. Results determine everything in elite sport, and we have played and lost one final since 2014. The after the siren loss to West Coast. That is disgusting or embarrassing anyway you look at it, and amongst that we extended Hinkley's contract cause the Gold Coast sniffed around. Nothing on the field warranted his extension.

In 2015 we were-

12-10 9th after starting the year as one of the flag favourites. We added Ryder that off season

2016-

10-12 10th after adding Dixon and all of us believing 2015 was the equivalent of Geelong's 2006 season.

2017-

14-9 5th at the end of the home & away season, home elimination final we subsequently lost after the siren to West Coast. We should have been a top 4 side that year but we lost to many games to sides on top or around us that killed our top 4 chances.

12-10 10th. after being 11-4, and eyeing off a top 4 spot, we collapsed and missed the 8 & finished 10th. That had never been done before in AFL history from memory but has been now. Then we said the players were confused or not attacking enough.

We all thought, the club included that we were right on the edge of another flag or two at the end of 2014. But we all bought the hype, and missed the signs. We blew a 10-1 start, were 2 games clear on top & missed the top 4. That isn't good enough. From then in season 2015, 2016,2017, 2018 & what has past by in 2019 we are a 50/50 side, nothing more. The losses against the better sides, and better coaches haven't changed, it is ground hog day year in/year out.

We have loaded up with big name recruits like Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Monfries (before 2013) and others and have done nothing but tread water. We have likely seen the best of Gray, Ryder, Boak, Westhoff, Wingard, Polec in our colours and it all resulted in 1 bloody final appearance.

We have been through a plethora of assistant coaches, Walsh took the Crows job, Richo the St.Kilda job, you can't prevent that, no problem there the rest we have been through.

We are forever told each pre season we are changing our gamestyle to more attacking football, then when it gets tight & the pressure comes we revert back to defensive football, and no forward structure. A common theme across the past 4 seasons and it's becoming one again now.

The only thing going for us at the moment is the youngsters we drafted, and the ones we already have. Rozee, Duursma, Butters, Drew, Atley, Marshall, Howard, Frampton, Clurey, DBJ, Burton, Hayes, SPP and others are our future. Having seen Hinkley use what we have had listwise the last 4 years what's to say he can get anything out of that group.

I'd rather see a fresh voice come in and coach that group, and a new chairman come in to over see it. And if we go down the path of rebuilding with the youngsters we have, be bloody honest about it to us members we deserve that for all the money and time we all pump into the club.

I haven't even listed the captaincy debacle amongst other things but that's most of the reasons I want those two gone and a fresh start for our football club.

its all fairly accurate..... so what do we do now ?
I don't understand the idea that people could want Ken sacked, but they don't want the change to come now.

It's like saying I want this skin cancer removed, but I'd rather have the surgery later.

You never know, it might get better?

In 2015 we were-

2016-

2017-

its all fairly accurate. But Kochie won't sack Ken because Kochie appointed Ken and he is just into his contract. We can't sack Kochie because as a membership we are powerless because we ****ed up our finances 2009-2013 and now have a constitution where the board is appointed not elected (sacking Chocco and paying him out did not help here at all). . No-one is going to sack Ken at 5-5. So, you wait. If the year is 7-15 you could make a case. If it is 15-7 Ken stays and fair enough too.

It is not cancer.

its all fairly accurate..... so what do we do now ?

its all fairly accurate. But Kochie won't sack Ken because Kochie appointed Ken and he is just into his contract. We can't sack Kochie because as a membership we are powerless because we ****** up our finances 2009-2013 and now have a constitution where the board is appointed not elected (sacking Chocco and paying him out did not help here at all). . No-one is going to sack Ken at 5-5. So, you wait. If the year is 7-15 you could make a case. If it is 15-7 Ken stays and fair enough too.

It is not cancer.
15-7......If we finish with that then fairplay to Ken & co. The entire fan base was wrong.....but living in the realm of reality, we are starting at another 10-12 win season. Which is neither a step forward, nor a step back.

No it isn't cancer, but the club and how it fares is very important to a lot of people, hence the passion on this board and elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back