Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep the devil is in the details.

The figures show emissions rose by 3.5 m tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent, or 0.7%, in the year to December 2018.

Emissions in the electricity and agriculture sectors were down but those falls were wiped out by increases across every other sector.

Australia’s emissions have been rising since the abolition of the carbon tax. The government’s emissions reduction fund – rebadged before the election as the climate solutions fund – has failed to stall increases in Australia’s overall emissions.
Gather big increase in the manufacturing sector where there are basically no controls. They just up their limits as needed.

Also, transport with lack of government interest in promoting electric cars. Big manufacturers have held off bringing in their electric cars selling well overseas because of current government (lack of) policy.

Managing CO2 admissions is done by managing all aspects & having a plan... which we don't have

Do you have the change splits by sector?

Since doing a big thing like taking action to solve climate change necessarily has to tank the economy, im just wondering, since the economy is tanking now, what big thing did we get for it?

Gather big increase in the manufacturing sector where there are basically no controls. They just up their limits as needed.

Also, transport with lack of government interest in promoting electric cars. Big manufacturers have held off bringing in their electric cars selling well overseas because of current government (lack of) policy.

Managing CO2 admissions is done by managing all aspects & having a plan... which we don't have

Not off hand.

I am guessing that it should be in the report somewhere though.

https://www.environment.gov.au/syst...8ea6/files/nggi-quarterly-update-dec-2018.pdf

I didn't even vote Labor. Why are you bringing them into the conversation?

The government of the day has nothing new to bring to the table given the increasing challenges, yet this seems to be okay with you?

People had to vote for someone, neither put forward the kind of policy that you’re after and with 2PP system, one was going to get in. That’s why I mentioned Labor, there was no alternative that would have satisfied your desire. I’m comfortable waiting it out and seeing what they do. I’m also not surprised there’s no bold changes announced given that they’ve been in for the last 2 terms.

Since doing a big thing like taking action to solve climate change necessarily has to tank the economy, im just wondering, since the economy is tanking now, what big thing did we get for it?

Just like surpluses must 100% cause recessions. Still waiting on you to list the recessions experienced after the Howard/Costello surpluses.

So if the economy is struggling your strategy is to make it even worse?

Also when Labor couldn’t provide costings for their plan and labelled questions about it as dumb and dishonest, shows either they didn’t know which is a worry or it was very costly which is also a worry.

They expected the public to ignore being insulted and trust them, yeah right. Especially when you put aside the “feel good” factor, we would make no difference, most people understand that.

Just like surpluses must 100% cause recessions. Still waiting on you to list the recessions experienced after the Howard/Costello surpluses.

I'm definitely NOT saying there's causation, but there seems to be a definite correlation. The US never made the same surpluses although I believe they followed the same trends post WW2.

Attachments

• surplus 2.PNG
    surplus 2.PNG
    77.7 KB · Views: 78
  • surplus.PNG
    surplus.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 76

Manufacturing has been steady.

Electricity generation down, which is encouraging. Pretty much the only sector that is reducing emissions.

Fugitive, transport and stationary up.

Biggest causes have been increased gas production.

Attachments

• emissions1.PNG
    emissions1.PNG
    198.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Emissions 2.PNG
    Emissions 2.PNG
    163.3 KB · Views: 80
  • emissions 3.PNG
    emissions 3.PNG
    184.1 KB · Views: 89
  • emissions 4.PNG
    emissions 4.PNG
    182 KB · Views: 82
Hahaha

That didn't age too well, SMH article from 2007....Fiction/fantasy writing should be Steve's forte not parental education advice...

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the...als-will-soon-be-history-20071129-gdrpft.html

The party's over and Liberals will soon be history

So what will be the new polarity in future elections? It's the ecology, stupid. The Greens will emerge as the new opposition, though this will take probably two election cycles. By the 2010 election, 20 per cent will vote Green, simply because peak oil and climate catastrophe will have proven them right, and thinking people will see the need for austerity now for our children's tomorrow. The Liberal Party will be lucky to attract 30 per cent, which is the habitual, rusted-on portion of the community that thinks greed is good.

By 2014, we will have a struggle between a new left and right - Labor and Green - and the issue will be simply how green, how to balance the need for a much simpler and more communal kind of life, with the need to give people comfort and amenity now. This issue will continue to define life for the rest of this century.

Just on these alleged "war crimes" that there's so much "controversy" going on over currently (The Afghan Files) can someone please explain why the LNP allegedly are seeking to cover up war crimes when they allegedly occurred in Afghanistan on Labor's watch between 2009 and 2013?
Can you tell me why the AFP have got involved 14 months after the event, but soon after election for:

1. Journalist mentioning what how the Government can now access our private information
2. Another journalist disclosing alleged war crimes in Afghanistan
3. Another journalist mentioning how 6 boats have been turned back recently

How are these a breach that threatens national security?

I'm all for powers to help protect against terrorist activity, but I don't want to become a police state where they threaten journalists who make them accountable.

This reeks of Dutton abusing his power... & should be his office raided as this is not why they were given extra powers.

Can you tell me why the AFP have got involved 14 months after the event, but soon after election for:

1. Journalist mentioning what how the Government can now access our private information

I'm all for powers to help protect against terrorist activity, but I don't want to become a police state where they threaten journalists who make them accountable.

This reeks of Dutton abusing his power... & should be his office raided as this is not why they were given extra powers.

It reeks of the original leaker being committed for trial and the week after that the CDPP needing to build up a brief.

A lot simpler and more likely explanation than the Federal Police disegarding the law and taking instructions as to what to do from politicians.

What it actually reeks of is people who know very little of the facts pertaining to the case wanting to blame Dutton for everything.
I did post this link the other day, would have thought it explains it all.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the...-the-centre-of-abc-raids-20190605-p51us8.html

And further to that..

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6204249/key-points-in-afp-media-investigations/?cs=14231

This time actually read the article.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What it actually reeks of is people who know very little of the facts pertaining to the case wanting to blame Dutton for everything.
I did post this link the other day, would have thought it explains it all.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the...-the-centre-of-abc-raids-20190605-p51us8.html

And further to that..

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6204249/key-points-in-afp-media-investigations/?cs=14231

This time actually read the article.
Dutton is in charge, so don't try & tell me he hasn't authorised this.... & by coincidence just after the election.

Do you think is is a good look for his increased powers are abused to go after a whistleblower & journalists who has uncovered alleged inappropriate behaviour by our troops? How does this compromise national security, which the laws were brought in for?

It's an abuse of power by Dutton & his team, trying to turn Australia into a police state by cover ups & whacking anyone who dares to speak up.

It reeks of the original leaker being committed for trial and the week after that the CDPP needing to build up a brief.

A lot simpler and more likely explanation than the Federal Police disegarding the law and taking instructions as to what to do from politicians.
Why did it take 14 months?

What was the major national security breach?

Dutton is in charge, so don't try & tell me he hasn't authorised this.... & by coincidence just after the election.

Do you think is is a good look for his increased powers are abused to go after a whistleblower & journalists who has uncovered alleged inappropriate behaviour by our troops? How does this compromise national security, which the laws were brought in for?

It's an abuse of power by Dutton & his team, trying to turn Australia into a police state by cover ups & whacking anyone who dares to speak up.
FFS Kane read the articles, what you think happened is not what happened unless you think the AFP boss is a bare faced liar. Sorry but I'm taking the word of the bloke in charge of the AFP over an obvious Dutton hater who really doesn't have a clue as to the facts. I'm not trying to tell you anything but the AFP boss is, whether you want to believe him or not is up to you.

FFS Kane read the articles, what you think happened is not what happened unless you think the AFP boss is a bare faced liar. Sorry but I'm taking the word of the bloke in charge of the AFP over an obvious Dutton hater who really doesn't have a clue as to the facts. I'm not trying to tell you anything but the AFP boss is, whether you want to believe him or not is up to you.
So Ita Buttrose is making things up to when she has said it is a deliberate attempt by the Government to intimidate the media.

The AFP report to Dutton, so what do you expect him to say? The reporting relationships are a conflict of interest as should be a separation of powers.

I trust Ita over Dutton who has form for poor judgement.

So Ita Buttrose is making things up to when she has said it is a deliberate attempt by the Government to intimidate the media.

The AFP report to Dutton, so what do you expect him to say? The reporting relationships are a conflict of interest as should be a separation of powers.

Ita Buttrose really?

You've lost the plot completely.

A former Woman's Magazine chief.

And yes, I'll take the word of the AFP boss over Buttrose every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Ita Buttrose really?

You've lost the plot completely.

A former Woman's Magazine chief.

And yes, I'll take the word of the AFP boss over Buttrose every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
She heads up the ABC & is of far better character than Dutton! Truly a great Australian.

Your articles don't explain where our national security has been compromised which necessitated all these AFP raids. Funny that...

You obviously support suppressing freedom of speech to cover up by intimidation & abuse of power for what it wasn't intended.

The AFP do not report to Dutton.

Leaf through the Australian Federal Police Act.

Charming bloke!
Wonder what the ALP cheerleaders in here think of this disgusting behaviour from a Union with strong links and affiliations to the ALP Elite Crow

And Labor wonder why voters have doubts when both Federal Labor and Victorian Labor continue to fail to take action against the CMFEU and willingly accept their monetary support. Disgusting.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ver-rosie-batty-comments-20190607-p51vhx.html

Pressure on Setka over Rosie Batty comments

Disturbing new details have emerged about the behaviour of construction union boss John Setka, prompting Victorian premier Daniel Andrews to demand he apologise over comments he made about anti-violence campaigner Rosie Batty.
Mr Setka said last month he would plead guilty to charges of harassing a woman. He told a meeting of his union's national executive this week that the work of Ms Batty had led to men having few rights.
The Age and Sydney Morning Herald can also reveal that a former deputy president of the Fair Work Commission gave a statement to police alleging that Mr Setka repeatedly intimidated and terrified a woman over several months.
The former judicial officer, Anne Gooley, said in her police statement that she had seen Mr Setka's treatment of the woman and that “Seeing John’s anger … I was extremely distressed”.
Police analysis of Mr Setka’s phone activity reveals on a single evening last October, he called the woman 25 times and sent her 45 text messages, calling her a “weak f---en piece of s**t” and a “treacherous Aussie f---en c---” and a “f---en dog".

The AFP do not report to Dutton.

Leaf through the Australian Federal Police Act.
Kane McGoodwin perhaps you'd care to take back your accusations against Peter Dutton's "personal" involvement now?

Oh the hypocrisy of the ALP...

How embarrassing for Anthony Albanese after his tirade against Peter Dutton the other day on National morning television...what a goose.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ed-annika-smethurst-leak-20190608-p51vrs.html

Correspondence shows Labor demanded an investigation into classified Annika Smethurst leak

Labor demanded an investigation into the leaking of "highly classified national security information" to the journalist whose home was this week raided by the Australian Federal Police, in a revelation that could blunt the opposition's assault on the government over press freedom.
Correspondence obtained by The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age shows shadow attorney-general Mark Dreyfus wrote to Malcolm Turnbull in 2018 to urge the then prime minister to convene an investigation into how secret government documents were leaked to senior News Corp reporter Annika Smethurst.
Labor has argued the Coalition government is responsible for the raid on Smethurst's Canberra home because the secretary of the Department of Defence referred the leak to the Australian Federal Police.
Smethurst reported on confidential correspondence between the heads of the Department of Home Affairs and Defence Department about how some of the spy powers of the Australian Signals Directorate could be expanded to home soil.
While Mr Dreyfus did not specifically request a federal police probe, he said the "damaging leak" risked undermining Australia's national security and asked Mr Turnbull to order an investigation.
"I am sure I do not need to emphasise with you the gravity of such a security breach," Mr Dreyfus wrote.
"The documents described in the media appear to be extremely sensitive and divulge information about one of Australia’s key security agencies.
"It is therefore incumbent on you to establish an investigation into how such sensitive information held by members of your government was able to find its way into the public domain.
"Ensuring this sort of breach cannot occur again is vital for securing the trust that Australians place in governments on matters of national security."
Mr Dreyfus has since argued that Smethurst's reporting was in the national interest, as has Labor leader Anthony Albanese.

And equally as embarrassing for Shadow Attorney-General Mark Dreyfuss MP SC now doing the big backflip with a double pike at 1,000 miles an hour.
While Mr Dreyfus argued in his letter that the leak was a national security matter, he this week said Smethurst's April 2018 report did not threaten national security.

1-55ff68d6a8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back