Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else get the feeling that virtually everybody now expects us to play finals...... We won't?
I reckon we will fall in after beating a depleted Essendon & Sydney, especially now that the cows did their part.

If the Bombers can win 1 of their two games either the Crows or Port will fall out, if we lose to Pittard & Polec this week which I think will happen we could be in trouble.

If the Cows can produce the same type of game as they did yesterday they may well win the next two and kick Port out.

Last edited:

I am still in the "fire Hinkley" camp. There is no sign that he has learned anything.

Our current side simply resembles the one of the beginning of the season. The key is that Dixon is back.

Shows how conditioned a good portion of the supporter base has become to accepting mediocrity.
Truth is somewhere in the middle. Enjoy the wins, mate!

Funny things we need to win the next two games, we haven’t done that yet, with the Crows letting us in the door, we could drop our mental strength we’ve had the last two weeks thinking the job is done.

If we even think of bringing Motlop in we done, better side without him in it.
Motlop? No no you're wrong. Sure he was a spud for 2 years and showed NOTHING when we needed him, but don't you know he scored 9 goals in the magoos and is now a forward pocket and he's in form and he's gonna kick 5

Sigh, people on this board can have short memories

I don't know whether it is a good thing or a bad thing we are playing a flop of a team that are probably going to put cues in rack for next season. Ditto Freo if they don't win and don't pick up 7% against Essendumb this week. Either way limp into the 8 with a whopping 12 wins and we play GWS or Collingwood at hime. Hey hang on actually (strokes beard imagines the slaughter)

Scraping into finals because everyone else is complete trash isn't really much of an achievement!

From here we'd need to win at least two finals to salvage the year from another 'what could've been'.
That's the eternal question though, is everyone trash or is the comp even?
Such an open year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop? No no you're wrong. Sure he was a spud for 2 years and showed NOTHING when we needed him, but don't you know he scored 9 goals in the magoos and is now a forward pocket and he's in form and he's gonna kick 5

Sigh, people on this board can have short memories

I don't know whether it is a good thing or a bad thing we are playing a flop of a team that are probably going to put cues in rack for next season. Ditto Freo if they don't win and don't pick up 7% against Essendumb this week. Either way limp into the 8 with a whopping 12 wins and we play GWS or Collingwood at hime. Hey hang on actually (strokes beard imagines the slaughter)

Well if they play him in that role I can live with that if it works, ( i just have visions of him handballing to a bloke who's about to get nailed and kicking into the middle to be aggressive like Hartlett early on last week and missing targets).

This is the scary thought. If the club thinks wow, we made finals and then if we win one, I'm scared they will extend again.

I’m of the belief now that Hinkley will stay, but it’s only his contract and our club’s lack of money that saves him. The club made a mistake in 2017 and they know it.
If Ken was coming out of contract right now he’d be cleaning out his desk come September/October.

This is the scary thought. If the club thinks wow, we made finals and then if we win one, I'm scared they will extend again.

No simply not happening.
I think there is still a reasonable chance Ken is coaching Carlton next year. We win the next 3 games and that might be enough to be able to sell it to the Carlton members. We need Carlton to drop the next couple.

I’m of the belief now that Hinkley will stay, but it’s only his contract and our club’s lack of money that saves him. The club made a mistake in 2017 and they know it.
If Ken was coming out of contract right now he’d be cleaning out his desk come September/October.
This still doesn't make sense to me.

If I were Ken (lol) I would be thinking about long term security for my family, that can be achieved at Carlton. He's not guaranteed an extension at Port and could possibly only have 1 season left.

Hope still remains while Carlton have not announced a new coach.
My thinking is they have their man but his team may still be in the finals mix.

If I were Ken (lol) I would be thinking about long term security for my family, that can be achieved at Carlton. He's not guaranteed an extension at Port and could possibly only have 1 season left.

The deeper we go into September the more appealing poaching Hinkley becomes.

I also feel Carlton have someone other than Teague in mind. But I think it might be Voss.

Hope you are right.

I also feel Carlton have someone other than Teague in mind. But I think it might be Voss.
Voss would be more attractive to Carlton than Hinkley. They have clearly seen what Hinkley is capable of, or incapable of. Voss has head coach experience and suffered from not doing an apprenticeship as an assistant first. He has now done that and I can see a club like Carlton willing to give him another shot.

But Voss is no more proven than Teague.
Voss has 3 Premierships as a player in the modern era.
Teague has a John Nicholls medal!

You can't buy that!
Carlton will want to go outside the Carlton bubble I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back