List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 12 & 2020 1st rounder for Hill & Freo's 2nd rounder?

That would be somwhat similar to the Treloar & Shiel deals, but slightly cheaper as they went for top 10 picks.
Yeah I reckon this is a pretty reasonable deal. If we improve a bit next year and our first is say pick 9-10, it makes Hill’s value about 5. A pretty good deal.

That would be somwhat similar to the Treloar & Shiel deals, but slightly cheaper as they went for top 10 picks.

I still think that we need a first rounder for next year.

Yes, Ben has signed, but is also 0-14 so far in his career. If the Suns don't improve, do you really think he won't consider a trade?

Yeh I’d do that. Then use 18 on Howard and Ryder and Freos 2nd rounder on Jones.
Would essentially make it 6 & next years 1st for Hill, Jones, Howard & Ryder which is good business.

I still think that we need a first rounder for next year.

Yes, Ben has signed, but is also 0-14 so far in his career. If the Suns don't improve, do you really think he won't consider a trade?

Consider yes but like a 1% chance happening imo.

As you said, B King is 0-14 so far in his career and yet still re-signed...i think he'd be fully aware that there's a decent chance Suns will still be crap next year. It wouldn't exactly be a surprise and cause him to want a trade.

Is it really worth letting the Hill deal fall through for the off chance you MIGHT convince King next year?

Hill is elite and has nominated you...it would be a big blow to Saints performance next year and reputation to let the opportunity to recruit him slip.
And then what if B King doesn't nominate you? Then it was all for nothing.

With Max in your team, Hill is a bigger need anyway.

Get with the programme Prophetic; that is classic BF comedy gold. Keeps us smiling in times of doubt.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
OK.... changes nothing still sick of bullshirt about the KINGS and probably like many others comedy wears pretty thin when we get nought but opinion....to quote john lennon "all i want is the truth" .....lol!!! Now that funny!

Yeah I reckon this is a pretty reasonable deal. If we improve a bit next year and our first is say pick 9-10, it makes Hill’s value about 5. A pretty good deal.
As a Freo supporter I think that's reasonable but I've got a feeling it will be a 3rd rd back coming in return at best.

And try draft a player of Hills quality with 12??

It’s not just 12 though is it. They want heaps more. The draft is uncertain but you can draft a fantastic young player with pick 12.

I’m not as enamoured with Hill as others. Each to their own.

I reckon this is on the money. I know for a fact his Dad was expecting him at Saints next year (going back 4-5 months ago)

Now his dad is expecting a room in the west wing of the Mansion any time he feels like a holiday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh I’d do that. Then use 18 on Howard and Ryder and Freos 2nd rounder on Jones.
Would essentially make it 6 & next years 1st for Hill, Jones, Howard & Ryder which is good business.

Completely agree.

Can't get caught up in the whole 'who wins this particular trade' pissing contest...it's about the net result of the entire trade period.

Since you have so many other players nominating you, the Hill deal not only lands you a gun player, but unlocks those other 3 trades.
Saints just gotta get it done...would be shambolic to have 4 good players nominate you and not be able to land them.

If Saints get all 4 you basically win trade period and after struggling to land big names for some time now, may start a new era of being able to attract good players. Can't let this slip.

Wouldn't be surprised if the AFL made sure that the deal was too good to refuse. They need GC to work and King would be a big part of it. You reckon they would only have a short amount of time to really get this club up and functioning otherwise all of the concessions just given will be for nothing.

Lukosius can now name his own price. So can Rowell and Anderson when they get drafted.

I can’t see how they stay within the salary cap going forward.

The only way i give 12 and next year's 1st for Hill is if 22 comes back

22 bruce and 2020 3rd for 13 and 32

37 for stuv or he stays

18 and 37 for dougal and Ryder

22 for jones

13 and 32 to the draft

Lukosius can now name his own price. So can Rowell and Anderson when they get drafted.

I can’t see how they stay within the salary cap going forward.

Because the AFL police the salary cap, and they desperately need GC to succeed, so the salary cap all of a sudden seems a lot more flexible...

12 & 2020 1st for Hill and 26

26 for Z.Jones
18 for Howard & Ryder
-----
that means 6 and 2020 1st in crap draft we turned into 4 very good gauranteed experienced players.

Very very nice.
If freo need 37 to sweeten deal, so be it. still great for us

The only way i give 12 and next year's 1st for Hill is if 22 comes back

22 bruce and 2020 3rd for 13 and 32

37 for stuv or he stays

18 and 37 for dougal and Ryder

22 for jones

13 and 32 to the draft
overs for the dougal/ryder trade but otherwise I love it.

also with all these trades, 76 for butler will definitely happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back