Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want to know, is will they strip the Crows of the promised funding.
Hopefully this will at least mean proper scrutiny.
I don’t mind d them getting the place if it benefits the community.

Nicks gives off a dead man walking vibe before he's even started. They're going to come after him so hard when the losses start piling up. Poor bugger.
He’s guaranteed 3 seasons with the squad he’s inheriting.

Which will be 3 seasons of 7-10 until they push him out.

Cost of living Bris/Gold Coast ain't much different to here. Perth's median house price has dropped below Adelaide's. Do they still charge ridiculous prices for beer and food over there?
You’d be lucky to get a decent 2 bed dog box under $400 a week on the GC or anywhere half hour from the CBD of Brisbane for that price.
Though you can still get a house in the northern suburbs of Adelaide for under $300.
Just saying.

Last edited:
The thing is we are. $750g a year for Dixon (COME ON!) Wines is up there in the 600+g a year. Old Unreliable Rockys up in the 6s wasting cap on over rated players just to get them here! fu** that!!! Dont pay overs to get them here to the club. If they dont want to come for the money they are worth than goodbye keep that in mind for the Fantasia trade big time overs for a average at best player
Ollie is the highest paid at the club. People have thrown 800k+ figures around.

You’d be lucky to get a decent 2 bed dog box under $400 a week on the GC or anywhere half hour from the CBD of Brisbane for that price.
Though you can still get a house in the northern suburbs of Adelaide for under $300.
Just saying.

Most footballers in Adelaide, mainly due to the proximity of both clubs, live near the beach. A modern 2 bedroom unit in Glenelg or Henley ain't particularly cheap. Nobody of means is living in the northern suburbs, least of all AFL footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I return for a new year, a new decade and, by some miracle a new Port that's actually consistent.

Adelaide Football Club CEO Andrew Fagan has declined an invitation to speak at a public debate about the club’s plan to redevelop the ageing Aquatic Centre, branding the event a “headline-grabbing and point-scoring exercise” by park lands advocates.

nothing to hide though.

According to Terry Wallet, Essendon out-flake even us. He may have a point - they did make the eight last year as well as being smashed by 104 points by the Dogs, so the gap between their best and their worst must have been bigger than ours...

Terry Wallace names the flakiest side in the AFL

Australian Football Hall of Famer Terry Wallace says there’s no team with a bigger gap between their best and worst footy in the AFL than Essendon.

The Bombers have played patches of breathtaking football in recent seasons but haven’t won a final since 2004, nor finished higher on the ladder than seventh since 2002.

Wallace said that he still goes to Essendon games and doesn’t know what to expect.

“Right where we sit at the moment, I think the flakiest side in the AFL from the most recent couple of seasons is Essendon,” he said on SEN Mornings.

According to Terry Wallet, Essendon out-flake even us. He may have a point - they did make the eight last year as well as being smashed by 104 points by the Dogs, so the gap between their best and their worst must have been bigger than ours...

Terry Wallace names the flakiest side in the AFL

Australian Football Hall of Famer Terry Wallace says there’s no team with a bigger gap between their best and worst footy in the AFL than Essendon.

The Bombers have played patches of breathtaking football in recent seasons but haven’t won a final since 2004, nor finished higher on the ladder than seventh since 2002.

Wallace said that he still goes to Essendon games and doesn’t know what to expect.

“Right where we sit at the moment, I think the flakiest side in the AFL from the most recent couple of seasons is Essendon,” he said on SEN Mornings.

Glad we dodged that bullet. Narrowly I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back