Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey edgie Billy Joel started off in a Heavy/Psychedelic duo.. regarded as one of the worst albums of all-time apparently, awesome cover.

R-3951324-1415560764-4814.jpeg.jpg

I listened to some and it's not half bad.. worst album ever is a massive exaggeration and they wouldn't have bothered if ilt wasnt b Joel

I listened to some and it's not half bad.. worst album ever is a massive exaggeration and they wouldn't have bothered if ilt wasnt b Joel
I haven't listened yet but I won't be surprised if it's ok heaps of psych albums that were canned by critics back in the day sell for small fortunes on first press vinyl now lol.

When Trivago came in, hotels had already adusted to Expedia and wotif (eg. started offering a low rate to those companies but making something like Wifi an ’extra’ thats free if youbook through the hotel’s site) so cutting corners in search of marketshare in a market already shaped by companies like theirs was probably inevitable for a latecomer.
Trivago is actually owned by Expedia - they also own Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere among others.

"Mr. Spalding, the former National Security Council member, says one American concern about Chinese ownership of popular apps is that it gives Chinese companies more data that they can use to improve their artificial intelligence.

Mr. Jones of International Business Strategies emphasizes the importance of AI to both countries. “AI is high on the priority list, and we think AI is a major differentiator in areas like autonomous driving, virtual reality, augmented reality and even medicine,” he says. “We think AI is going to be a key factor in terms of who’s going to win and lose in the next five to 10 years.”"

You know how apps like TikTok are 'free'?

If the product is free - you are the product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trivago is actually owned by Expedia - they also own Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere among others.

Hotel booking is a totally unnecessary mess. Somethings wrong when you reminisce about a time when you dealt directly with a business for their services.

NBA fans, who do you follow and what made you choose them? I've been getting into it lately and need a team to get behind. I usually lean towards the underdog so have no interest in the Lakers, Celtics, GSW etc. Liked the Bulls growing up for obvious reasons but feel no attachment to them now.
Leaning towards the Timberwolves or Mavericks.
Have you chosen a team yet?

And to answer your question:
When I was 11, I bought a pre-owned copy of NBA Live 07. My brother at that stage kinda liked the Celtics and my parents had seen MJ play in Chicago, but apart from that I didn't really know anything about the NBA. I think Miami were the highest rated team in that game, so I started using them and decided that Dwyane Wade was my favourite player. After a few months, I got into the NBA a bit more IRL and was surprised to find that Miami were the worst team that season (they ended up going 15-67). Despite that, I stuck with them, and here we are.

Shout out to Pepe Silvia who's currently liking posts from Christmas Eve so I expect him to read this sometime around Easter
Haven't been on BF for a while but didn't want to miss out on any Port board mee-mees. All caught up now.

Last edited:
Hotel booking is a totally unnecessary mess. Somethings wrong when you reminisce about a time when you dealt directly with a business for their services.

I actually find these types of sites quite beneficial by using the following simple process;
1) Use Trivago [Hotels.com, Venere etc] to identify 2-3 appropriate hotels based on individual criteria and their best listed rate.
2) Contact the hotels directly for best rate.
3) Book directly with the preferred hotel.
Not once have I NOT been able to secure a better rate (and/or included services) than advertised on the Trivago [Hotels.com, Venere etc] website.

I actually find these types of sites quite beneficial by using the following simple process;
1) Use Trivago [Hotels.com, Venere etc] to identify 2-3 appropriate hotels based on individual criteria and their best listed rate.
2) Contact the hotels directly for best rate.
3) Book directly with the preferred hotel.
Not once have I NOT been able to secure a better rate (and/or included services) than advertised on the Trivago [Hotels.com, Venere etc] website.

Yep. It's because of the huge commission paid to these companies. The Hotels are are in a catch 22. They can't not be on them, but it also hurts their bottom line. I implore people, especially if you are using small regional hotels, to deal with the hotel/BnB whatever directly. Only use these sites for reference purposes only.

There's a hotel I regularly stay at when I'm in Melbourne that I usually book through my Qantas FF account and when I asked them what the best way for people to book was, they said "anything except Trivago or Hotels Combined."

Their model is 'own the distribution'. Same as Coles/Woolies etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back