FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point. Maybe I’m just remembering the season wrong but I remember hating it.
I'd have had it as a mid tier season if it wasn't for the ending. All the idols and the 'miracle' fire making twist winning it for Ben left a really bad taste in people's mouths.

I'd have had it as a mid tier season if it wasn't for the ending. All the idols and the 'miracle' fire making twist winning it for Ben left a really bad taste in people's mouths.
It felt like a really inorganic replica of the Fabio win, and pretty similar to Aussie survivor's early habit of chucking in twist after twist rather than letting the players play.

I didn't mind Ben in his season but hindsight discussions have changed my opinion, and I reckon the production team robbed Chrissy Hofbeck of what would have been a fairer win.

This season just goes to show that the Survivor winners aren't always the best or most entertaining contestants.

Apart from Rob and Tony most of them are pretty boring to watch, Sandra and Parvati can play a strong game but I wouldn't call them entertaining.

Most of them I don't even know as I didn't watch the earlier seasons or some of the later seasons which have mostly been pretty lame.

These two guys would be more entertaining than most of the Winners there.

This season just goes to show that the Survivor winners aren't always the best or most entertaining contestants.

Apart from Rob and Tony most of them are pretty boring to watch, Sandra and Parvati can play a strong game but I wouldn't call them entertaining.

Most of them I don't even know as I didn't watch the earlier seasons or some of the later seasons which have mostly been pretty lame.

These two guys would be more entertaining than most of the Winners there.

Spencer was great in Cambodia too.

Spencer was a gun in Cagayan, was rooting for him hard to win it.

I didn't watch Cambodia.
Watch it. Easily top 10 season, borderline top 5 for me.

Spencer was great in Cambodia too.

Cambodia was second chance, right?

While he was an entertaining player, he didn't deserve to win it. He constantly flipped, and I think he is the perfect example of how men and women are viewed differently in Survivor. If he were a woman, people would recognise that he road coat tails to the end, because that's exactly what he did.

He needed to get rid of Jeremy early after the merge, and he knew it - but he never had the power or the numbers to do it. He road Jeremy's power to the end, and threatening his alliance at final 4 when they were never going to take Kelly Wentworth to the final 3 is an all-time stupid Survivor move.

He was a highly visible, high profile goat in that series.

Cambodia was second chance, right?

While he was an entertaining player, he didn't deserve to win it. He constantly flipped, and I think he is the perfect example of how men and women are viewed differently in Survivor. If he were a woman, people would recognise that he road coat tails to the end, because that's exactly what he did.

He needed to get rid of Jeremy early after the merge, and he knew it - but he never had the power or the numbers to do it. He road Jeremy's power to the end, and threatening his alliance at final 4 when they were never going to take Kelly Wentworth to the final 3 is an all-time stupid Survivor move.

He was a highly visible, high profile goat in that series.
Yeah, I thought he played well but not well enough to win it. If Wentworth made it to FTC though, damn. She would have won. She was amazing in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t see that coming at tribal. Good editing, fooled me.

These extreme camera close ups on edge of extinction are jarring at times.

Didn’t see that coming at tribal. Good editing, fooled me.

These extreme camera close ups on edge of extinction are jarring at times.
His name didn’t cross my mind until Jeff read it out, if only the editors of Australian survivor took note that they don’t need to telegraph everything.

His name didn’t cross my mind until Jeff read it out, if only the editors of Australian survivor took note that they don’t need to telegraph everything.
His name was mentioned in discussions.

He was always a good chance to get the votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back